Like Tree1378Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2014, 07:16 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Announcement from Vinegar Syndrome:

Quote:
After much speculation, email queries and online rumors, here's the official word on our highlight releases in the first half of 2015:

January will bring a limited-edition blu-ray of SEX WORLD, two Hyapatia Lee films RIBALD TALES OF CANTERBURY & TASTY and a couple of our most requested Tobalina titles.

In February we'll be releasing our final Wakefield Poole disc, a loaded 2-DVD set of his two San Francisco films, TAKE ONE and MOVING, along with a crazy assortment of extras.

Then in March, Jim Bryan's cult classic, DON'T GO IN THE WOODS will be making its blu-ray debut, in a new 2K restoration from the 35mm interpositive(expect more awesome weirdness from the mind of Mr. Bryan later in the year). Also another Cirio Santiago film THE MUTHERS!

In April, DEMONOID will finally be hitting the streets for its first official release since the 1980s! We're including both cuts of the film as well as some other cool extra features.

Finally, in May, one of our most requested titles, MADMAN, will be coming to blu-ray in a beautiful new 4K scan and restoration from the 35mm camera negative!

Also be on the lookout for rarities from Alex deRenzy, Bob Chinn, and much more...
Old 6th November 2014, 08:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I don't know where to start with Vinegar Syndrome as i've not heard of anything they've released (I don't think).

Has anyone any recommendations?
Old 6th November 2014, 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't know where to start with Vinegar Syndrome as i've not heard of anything they've released (I don't think).

Their Drive-In Collection double features are certainly a good starting point and can be found pretty cheap on Amazon marketplace too.

It depends what you're into, as they generally release more adult themed films, drive-in exploitation and sleaze, plus plenty of cheese.

One of my favourite releases is Night Train to Terror, but it's hard to recommend really as it won't be for everyone. Runaway Nightmare is also a 'unique' experience, and Massage Parlor Murders is a great little title which I reviewed here a short while ago.
Old 6th November 2014, 08:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Their Drive-In Collection double features are certainly a good starting point and can be found pretty cheap on Amazon marketplace too.

It depends what you're into, as they generally release more adult themed films, drive-in exploitation and sleaze, plus plenty of cheese.

One of my favourite releases is Night Train to Terror, but it's hard to recommend really as it won't be for everyone. Runaway Nightmare is also a 'unique' experience, and Massage Parlor Murders is a great little title which I reviewed here a short while ago.
Shame there's no dvd available. That sounds pretty good.

It's available via Alpha but most likely has a print reminiscent of something Ron ate then puked up two days later.
Old 6th November 2014, 09:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

88 Films are releasing Don't Go in the Woods aren't they? Are they releasing Madman as well?
Old 6th November 2014, 09:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

This really isn't going to be a completely helpful comment, I was drawn to them by the covers but have to admit none of the dvd's I picked up had been on my radar beforehand, I just fancied them!

I'm still to watch any of them, I'll possibly fit one in this week but I've gone for items from the Drive In collection - Anatomy of a Psycho Lonely Sex and Suckers/Love Garden I also have Death Force/Vampire Hookers on order. I have a few others on my wishlist including Lost Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis.

I'm in no way sensible when it comes to shopping so it's best not to listen to me.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

'Death By Invitation' is a wonderful bit of threadbare seventies weirdness, totally dreamy and dead good. 'Runaway Nightmare' is a film I go a bit over the top about, but I do truly think it's pretty amazing. 'Night Train To Terror' is high grade malfunctioning eighties schlock with a dancing troupe in leg warmers. 'The Jekyll And Hyde Portfolio' is more seventies gloopiness that swings between tedium and mild delirium, worth getting depending on which side of the pendulum your bread's buttered on. Am waiting for the reputedly mental 'Raw Force' to come through. Haven't seen any of the sex stuff, more interested in bizarrenesss. Pleased they're doing 'Demonoid'.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Thanks to you all for the recommendations.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good to see them releasing titles on Blu,previously only available from a half pint tinpot dictator.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th November 2014, 11:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Good to see them releasing titles on Blu,previously only available from a half pint tinpot dictator.
Leave Bill out of it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!