Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2015, 07:19 PM
Cult Addict

At least I don't have to spend any money on scream factory titles for a while. tcm2 - Barring the discovery of all the deleted footage I think the Arrow one will suffice. As for the Species films, wasn't overly fond of any of them, the first one was great for an A for Andromeda knock-off and Natasha henstridge is pretty nice but no Julie christie.
Old 2nd November 2015, 07:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
At least I don't have to spend any money on scream factory titles for a while. tcm2 - Barring the discovery of all the deleted footage I think the Arrow one will suffice. As for the Species films, wasn't overly fond of any of them, the first one was great for an A for Andromeda knock-off and Natasha henstridge is pretty nice but no Julie christie.
When I was 10 years old, Species was one of the greatest films ever.

Now that I'm 28 and far more mature... Ah, who am I kidding. I still get a kick (and a rise ) from Species.
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I know i paid almost €40 for TCM 2 now its less than half the price.
You can pick it up for £11.99 at Zavvi's website.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:51 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
You can pick it up for £11.99 at Zavvi's website.
I bought mine directly from Arrow recently for £15 flat at a film festival. It has a postcard for La Grande Bouffe inside (so must have been printed fairly recently) and is only no. 6781 of 10,000. So an amaray is probably a few years off.
PaulD likes this.

Last edited by Critter; 3rd November 2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

10,000 is such a crazy number as much as i really enjoy the film you never really hear many people talk about it in a positive way so why they decided on 10,000 is beyond me
Critter likes this.
Old 3rd November 2015, 04:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
10,000 is such a crazy number as much as i really enjoy the film you never really hear many people talk about it in a positive way so why they decided on 10,000 is beyond me
I think it has also had an impact on the relatively low numbers they now produce for limited edition sets, which is a shame. Just because 10,000 people didn't want TCM2 staight away, doesn't mean they couldn't have made an awful lot more money by printing a few thousand more copies of the Hellraiser set.

I mean, I love TCM2. But it was too niche for 10,000 copies. Hellraiser on the other hand...

Last edited by Critter; 3rd November 2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12th November 2015, 07:19 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

For anyone who's bought Scream Factory's Army Of Darkness blu-ray, here are the details of the replacement program for the discs.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=11500479
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 17th November 2015, 05:10 PM
Cult Master

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS for February!**
More retro double features are planned for blu-ray release in the beginning of the new year! Read on for all the details:
THE CURSE & THE CURSE II
- THE CURSE (1987) Young Zach Hayes' (Wil Wheaton, Stand by Me) life on the family dairy farm is what anyone would expect. Hard work, long hours and the normal family squabbles. When an ice-blue meteor plunges through the midnight sky, Zach sees in hand on their property. Zach and the local doctor discover that something inside the meteor is infecting the local water on their farm. Fruits, which looked perfect on the outside are teeming with worms… and Zach's family is beginning to change…hideously. This shocker is directed by actor David Keith (Firestarter, White of the Eye) and co-stars Claude Akins (Tentacles), Malcolm Danare (Christine), Cooper Huckabee (The Funhouse) and John Schneider (Smallville).
- CURSE II: THE BITE (1989) Two young lovers, Clark (J. Eddie Peck) and Lisa (Jill Schoelen, The Stepfather), traveling through the desert unwittingly pass through an abandoned nuclear test-site which has become a breeding ground for deadly mutant killer snakes and when Clark is bitten he undergoes a grotesque transformation into a hideous snake monster! This chiller filled with slithering horror also stars Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H*), Shiri Appleby (Roswell) and Bo Svenson (Walking Tall Part II)

MILLENNIUM & R.O.T.O.R
- MILLENNIUM (1989) When safety investigator Bill Smith (Kris Kristofferson, Blade) looks into a disastrous airplane crash, he soon makes a shocking discovery-one that will impact the future of humanity itself. The beautiful but mysterious Louise (Cheryl Ladd, Charlie's Angels) may prove to be the key to it all-but can Smith figure out the truth in time? Daniel J. Travanti (Hill Street Blues) also stars in this centuries-spanning tale from the director of Logan's Run.
- R.O.T.O.R (1987) When corrupt Police Commander Earl Buglar orders the development and construction of the ultimate weapon in the war on crime, robotics expert Barrett Coldyron warns against the dangers of such a project-and loses his job in the process. In order to further his political ambitions, Buglar recklessly continues the project without Coldyron. But when the prototype R.O.T.O.R (Robotic Office Tactical Operation Research) is accidentally activated, the city's got a mechanical maniac acting as judge, jury, and executioner—and only Coldyron can stop him.

12243121_690813421055672_7143679469713727015_n.jpg
Old 17th November 2015, 05:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS for February!**

THE CURSE & THE CURSE II
I still haven't watched the dvd of these i bought last year on Frankie Teardrop's recommendation.
Old 2nd December 2015, 05:56 PM
Cult Master

Just popped up on Facebook

***Street date change***
Sorry guys but we need to delay our Collector's Edition release of THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW for one more month. It's new street date is 2/23/16.
We want to present this in the best way possible (since it is, sadly, the last Wes Craven film we have planned) and a little extra time was needed in order to do so. We hope you understand and we appreciate your patience.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!