Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just watched Cherry Falls.
Looked and sounded great,just a pity it's the R-rated cut.

Perhaps someone will release an unrated edition one day.

Most of the violence happens offscreen here.
Been that long since I saw the EIV DVD that unfortunately can't compare both....

No reverse cover either.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

BTW-David Lynch liked the script-but was committed to another project at the time.
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd April 2016, 03:34 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default SCREAM FACTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Just watched Cherry Falls.

Looked and sounded great,just a pity it's the R-rated cut.

Perhaps someone will release an unrated edition one day.

Most of the violence happens offscreen here.

Been that long since I saw the EIV DVD that unfortunately can't compare both....

No reverse cover either.

The unrated footage has never been seen anywhere I'm afraid. Scream Factory tried to find it, but Universal doesn't have the footage, and neither does the director.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 3rd April 2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: .
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Some of the writer's ideas if you watch the doc would NEVER have got by the censor anyway!

So I take it the old EIV print was the same then?

Old 3rd April 2016, 06:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Some of the writer's ideas if you watch the doc would NEVER have got by the censor anyway!

So I take it the old EIV print was the same then?

Yeah, the only version is the R-rated one, so barring someone ever finding the missing footage somewhere (which could still happen), this is what we're stuck with.
Old 5th April 2016, 08:57 PM
Cult Master

**BIG RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD NEWS + SITE EXCLUSIVE OFFER**
The wait is finally over! We’re proud to present our plans today for the 1985 zombie classic THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. There's a lot of info to spell out so let’s get right to it!
Official street date for the 2-disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is 7/19/16.
Full list of extras are follows:
Disc 1:
• NEW 2K scan of the inter-positive
• NEW Audio Commentary with Gary Smart (co-author of The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead) and Chris Griffiths
• Audio Commentary with director Dan O’Bannon and Production Designer William Stout
• Audio Commentary with the cast and crew featuring Production Designer William Stout and actors Don Calfa, Linnea Quigley, Brian Peck, Beverly Randolph, Allan Trautman
• The Decade of Darkness – featurette on ‘80s horror films (23 minutes)
• Theatrical Trailers
• TV Spots
• Still Gallery – Posters, Lobby Cards, Movie Stills and Behind-the-Scenes photos
• Still Gallery – Behind-the-Scenes photos from special make-up effects artist Kenny Myers’ personal collection
• Zombie Subtitles for the Film
• In Their Own Words – The Zombies Speak
Disc 2:
• NEW The FX of the Living Dead with Production Designer William Stout, FX make-up artists William Munns, Tony Gardner, Kenny Myers and Craig Caton-Largnet, Visual Effects artists Bret Mixon and Gene Warren Jr. and actor Brian Peck (Expanded Version) (30 minutes)
• NEW Party Time: The Music of The Return of the Living Dead with music consultants Budd Carr and Steve Pross and soundtrack artists Dinah Cancer (45 Grave), Chris D (The Flesh Eaters), Roky Erickson, Karl Moet (SSQ), Joe Wood (T.S.O.L.), Mark Robertson (Tall Boys) plus musicians Greg Hetson (Circle Jerks) and John Sox (The F.U.’s, Straw Dogs), (Expanded Version) (30 minutes)
• NEW HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS – revisiting the locations of the film
• Return of the Living Dead Workprint – includes 20 minutes of additional footage (in Standard Definition)
• More Brains: A Return to the Living Dead – The definitive documentary on The Return of the Living Dead (120 minutes)
• A Conversation with Dan O’Bannon – His final interview (28 minutes)
• The Origins of the Living Dead - an interview with John A. Russo (16 minutes)
• The Return of the Living Dead – The Dead Have Risen – interviews with cast members Clu Gulager, James Karen, Don Calfa, Brian Peck, Thom Mathews, Beverly Randolph, Linnea Quigley and more… (21 minutes)
• Designing the Dead – interviews with writer/director Dan O’Bannon and production designer William Stout (15 minutes)
1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1)/ DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/1985/Color/R/91 mins./Region A/Subtitles: English/Special Features are Unrated
*** SHOUT FACTORY.COM SITE EXCLUSIVE OFFER***
Avid fans will want to take note of two exclusive offers on the release—which are only available at www.shoutfactory.com while supplies last.
STANDARD OFFER
- Receive the 2-disc Collector’s Edition
- Receive a limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of the newly-designed art that is on the Collector’s Edition from artist Graham Humphries
- Product will be shipped two weeks earlier than national sreet date of July 19th
Pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the...-living-dea…
DELUXE OFFER (Limited to 1,000 orders only)
- Receive a limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of the newly-designed art from artist Graham Humphries
- Product will be shipped three weeks earlier than national street date of July 19th
- Receive a second slipcover—made exclusively for this promotion and newly-designed from artist Joel Robinson
- Receive a second 18” x 24” poster of the newly designed art from Joel Robinson
And finally, we’d like to address the question of the soundtrack, which we know many of you have asked about: For our new transfer we have gone back to the original audio tracks to create a new soundtrack. Only one song - The Damned’s “Dead Beat Dance” - could not be cleared for inclusion on the disc unfortunately. Otherwise, the rest will be the original audio as heard in the theaters when the film played first-run.

12928201_754739687996378_1763137735401324999_n.jpg
Old 5th April 2016, 09:59 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
**BIG RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD NEWS + SITE EXCLUSIVE OFFER**

The wait is finally over! We’re proud to present our plans today for the 1985 zombie classic THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. There's a lot of info to spell out so let’s get right to it!

Official street date for the 2-disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is 7/19/16.

Full list of extras are follows:

Disc 1:

• NEW 2K scan of the inter-positive

• NEW Audio Commentary with Gary Smart (co-author of The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead) and Chris Griffiths

• Audio Commentary with director Dan O’Bannon and Production Designer William Stout

• Audio Commentary with the cast and crew featuring Production Designer William Stout and actors Don Calfa, Linnea Quigley, Brian Peck, Beverly Randolph, Allan Trautman

• The Decade of Darkness – featurette on ‘80s horror films (23 minutes)

• Theatrical Trailers

• TV Spots

• Still Gallery – Posters, Lobby Cards, Movie Stills and Behind-the-Scenes photos

• Still Gallery – Behind-the-Scenes photos from special make-up effects artist Kenny Myers’ personal collection

• Zombie Subtitles for the Film

• In Their Own Words – The Zombies Speak

Disc 2:

• NEW The FX of the Living Dead with Production Designer William Stout, FX make-up artists William Munns, Tony Gardner, Kenny Myers and Craig Caton-Largnet, Visual Effects artists Bret Mixon and Gene Warren Jr. and actor Brian Peck (Expanded Version) (30 minutes)

• NEW Party Time: The Music of The Return of the Living Dead with music consultants Budd Carr and Steve Pross and soundtrack artists Dinah Cancer (45 Grave), Chris D (The Flesh Eaters), Roky Erickson, Karl Moet (SSQ), Joe Wood (T.S.O.L.), Mark Robertson (Tall Boys) plus musicians Greg Hetson (Circle Jerks) and John Sox (The F.U.’s, Straw Dogs), (Expanded Version) (30 minutes)

• NEW HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS – revisiting the locations of the film

• Return of the Living Dead Workprint – includes 20 minutes of additional footage (in Standard Definition)

• More Brains: A Return to the Living Dead – The definitive documentary on The Return of the Living Dead (120 minutes)

• A Conversation with Dan O’Bannon – His final interview (28 minutes)

• The Origins of the Living Dead - an interview with John A. Russo (16 minutes)

• The Return of the Living Dead – The Dead Have Risen – interviews with cast members Clu Gulager, James Karen, Don Calfa, Brian Peck, Thom Mathews, Beverly Randolph, Linnea Quigley and more… (21 minutes)

• Designing the Dead – interviews with writer/director Dan O’Bannon and production designer William Stout (15 minutes)

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1)/ DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/1985/Color/R/91 mins./Region A/Subtitles: English/Special Features are Unrated

*** SHOUT FACTORY.COM SITE EXCLUSIVE OFFER***

Avid fans will want to take note of two exclusive offers on the release—which are only available at www.shoutfactory.com while supplies last.

STANDARD OFFER

- Receive a limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of the newly-designed art that is on the Collector’s Edition from artist Graham Humphries

- Product will be shipped two weeks earlier than national sreet date of July 19th

DELUXE OFFER (Limited to 1,000 orders only)

- Receive a limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of the newly-designed art from artist Graham Humphries

- Product will be shipped three weeks earlier than national street date of July 19th

- Receive a second slipcover—made exclusively for this promotion and newly-designed from artist Joel Robinson

- Receive a second 18” x 24” poster of the newly designed art from Joel Robinson

And finally, we’d like to address the question of the soundtrack, which we know many of you have asked about: For our new transfer we have gone back to the original audio tracks to create a new soundtrack. Only one song - The Damned’s “Dead Beat Dance” - could not be cleared for inclusion on the disc unfortunately. Otherwise, the rest will be the original audio as heard in the theaters when the film played first-run.

Attachment 177498

Looks like a good edition. Although, all i'd get it for is the extras, and watch Second Sight's disc whenever I wanted to see the film.
Old 5th April 2016, 10:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like a good edition. Although, all i'd get it for is the extras, and watch Second Sight's disc whenever I wanted to see the film.
Was going to say the same thing. Nice they have some of the original soundtrack back but second sight is the full one.
Old 5th April 2016, 10:41 PM
Cult Master

I love my steelbook but might double dip for the extras and just to ad to the scream factory collection.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th April 2016, 06:37 PM
Cult Master

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCE**
This Summer stay out of the showers! “Norman Bates” is back in PSYCHO IV, which is headed to the Blu-ray format on August 23rd.
A seemingly rehabilitated Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) is drawn to a late night radio show where the host (CCH Pounder) encourages him to share his views on the topic of matricide. Reliving his childhood, Norman recounts his trials of a young boy (Henry Thomas) living with his widowed schizophrenic mother (Olivia Hussey). These haunting memories are more than just disturbing visions of the past; they threaten to rekindle his killing urge in this spine-tingling thriller directed by Mick Garris (The Stand, Masters of Horror).

13041343_765816606888686_1760288870405207351_o.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!