LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2016, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
You can't trust The Reaper Man, folks! Remember, he prefers the dnr'd to hell Predator blu-ray, and hates 4:3 films not filling his widescreen tv. Don't trust him, he's shadier than Arthur Daley!

Trust me on this one pally!

FAR better looking.
Sounds better too!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th September 2016, 05:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

***Major Update on THE EXORCIST III***

Get ready to be possessed by our upcoming 2-Disc Blu-ray Collector’s Edition of the popular (and sorely underrated) third installment in THE EXORCIST franchise. Today we, and Morgan Creek Productions, proudly present the final list of bonus features.

DISC ONE:
• The Exorcist III (Theatrical Cut) - New 2K scan of the inter-positive
• Vintage featurette
• Deleted Scene/Alternate Takes/Bloopers
• Deleted Prologue
• Vintage interviews (featuring behind-the-scenes footage) with writer/director William Peter Blatty, George C. Scott, Jason Miller, Ed Flanders, Grand L. Bush, executive producer James G. Robinson, production designer Leslie Dilley, Larry King and C. Everett Koop
• Original Theatrical Trailers
• Original TV Spots
• Photo Galleries

DISC TWO:
• Legion (Original Director’s Cut of The Exorcist III) 105 minutes*
• NEW Audio interview with writer/director William Peter Blatty
• NEW A “Wonderfull” Time – interviews with producer Carter DeHaven, actors Clifford David and Tracy Thorne and production assistant Kara Reidy
• NEW Signs of the Gemini – an interview with Brad Dourif
• NEW The Devil in the Details – interview with production designer Leslie Dilley, assistant designer Daren Dochterman and illustrator Simon Murton
• NEW Music for a Padded Cell – an interview with composer Barry DeVorzon
• NEW All This Bleeding – a look at the re-shoot and makeup effects with production manager Ronald Colby, editor Todd Ramsay, effects artists William Forsche, Mike Smithson, Brian Wade and actor/body double Charles Powell

*In speaking to the process of creating the Legion Director’s cut, Blu-ray producer Cliff MacMillan explains further as to the journey to get there and the outcome. “We conducted an exhaustive search through a pallet of film assets from the original shoot to re-create William Peter Blatty’s intended vision. Unfortunately, that footage has been lost to time. To that end, we turned to VHS tapes of the film’s dailies to assemble the director’s cut. However, even some of that footage was incomplete, so scenes from the theatrical re-shoot were used to fill in the gaps. This director’s cut is a composite of varying footage quality from the best available sources.”

Sreet date is planned for October 25th.

IMG_6018.jpg
Old 16th September 2016, 05:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The reverse art for Child's Play. Suh-weet!

IMG_6108.jpg
Old 16th September 2016, 05:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SU-****ING-PERB!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st September 2016, 05:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

December.Nice.

It'll be a BIG improvement over the Image BD-It's shockingly bad!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91sbP4pPeEL._SL1500_.jpg (95.0 KB, 8 views)

Old 21st September 2016, 05:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (19.5 KB, 10 views)

Old 17th October 2016, 07:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Paid for fast shipping from CDWow and CHILD'S PLAY turned up today!
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.

Old 1st November 2016, 02:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

New announcements:

Quote:
Okay by now you know we couldn’t let this day go by without some title announcements right? ;-) Here’s some treats to look forward to on Blu-ray in 2017:

- TALES FROM THE HOOD (1995) – The often-requested anthology film (Executive Producer by Spike Lee!) will finally make its Blu-ray format debut.

- DEADTIME STORIES (1986) – Another fun and highly-requested anthology movie that many remember from the 80s which features Scott Valentine, Melissa Leo and a title sequence song that you’ll never get out of your head!

- FIRESTARTER (1984) – Stephen King’s fiery psychic tale is planned for the Collector’s Edition treatment and will receive an all-new 2K film transfer!

- DEMENTED (1980) – Many remember this obscure exploitation revenge outing because it was originally on the early Home Media VHS label (once the home for Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street and other classics) and its cover art was in video stores everywhere. Stars Harry Reems (of Deep Throat fame)

- WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH HELEN? (1971) – Debbie Reynolds and Shelly Winters star in this offbeat and melodramatic thriller that has its fair share of fans. Also stars Dennis Weaver and Agnes Moorehead in supporting roles.

- THE SCREAMING SKULL (1958) – We head back into the 50s bring you this enjoyable spooky gem about newlyweds that scared plenty back in its day.

- PSYCHO (1998) – Gus Van Sant’s ambitious and highly-publicized (at the time) remake of Hitchcock’s classic makes its debut on the Blu-ray format.

- THE VAGRANT (1992) – Bill Paxton and Michael Ironside star in this interesting and unique comedic horror film executive-produced by Mel Brooks!

- THE ANGRY RED PLANET (1959) – A trip to mars turns into terror in this campy sci-fi thriller classic.

- VIRUS (1999) – Speaking of Sci-fi thrillers, we have another one to add…but this one stars legendary Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis! Also features William Baldwin and Donald Sutherland and has been long due for reevaluation.

There you have it! Please note that we have very little specific details about them at this time other than what we have provided above. As always, we’ll provide more information down the road when we can.

Again, Happy Halloween to everyone and enjoy the rest of the best holiday of the year!
Old 1st November 2016, 02:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Christ, does anybody actually want a special edition of Psycho (1998), can't imagine Vince Vaughn knocking one out in HD is gonna be very appealing!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st November 2016, 05:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched EXORCIST 3 director's cut on Sunday.
It's a far better film than the 'studio cash in remix' .Just a pity the reinstated footage jumps to VHS quality.
But if that's all that was available......Great package though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!