Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Slippery Jack 18th April 2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 336498)
What "new" artwork? :tongue1:

Oh right, is it not new? Either way, that arm seems very awkwardly placed :shocked: . . .

Rik 18th April 2013 05:09 PM

It's from the US poster

Slippery Jack 18th April 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 336501)
It's from the US poster

Oh yeah... so it is. Maybe SF got tired of folk bitching about the newly commissioned artwork :lol: . . .

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th April 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 336500)
Oh right, is it not new? Either way, that arm seems very awkwardly placed :shocked: . . .

Yeah, as Rik says, it's the US poster. Never really noticed the arm....until now! :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th April 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 336503)
Oh yeah... so it is. Maybe SF got tired of folk bitching about the newly commissioned artwork :lol: . . .

Only new artwork (and reversible covers) on one's they call collector's editions.

Slippery Jack 18th April 2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 336504)
Never really noticed the arm....until now! :lol:

It jumped out and smacked me in the face as soon as I saw it :lol: I quite like the retro Men's Adventure Magazine stylee, but the whole composition needs to be more dynamic, it all fells a bit flat. I imagine it would be quite fun to come up with a new design for this . . .

Daemonia 19th April 2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 336494)
What the hell is going on with that chick's right arm in that new artwork :confused: . . .

I think she's got an itchy back.

I don't think film fans are ever very understanding when offered a censored cut of a film. We really don't like that sort of thing. Sorry, Scream! Factory.

fuzzymctiger 19th April 2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 336609)
I think she's got an itchy back.

I don't think film fans are ever very understanding when offered a censored cut of a film. We really don't like that sort of thing. Sorry, Scream! Factory.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it censored.

The scenes were extra for the international market. The whole extra blood and boobs for the europeans, like they did with Japan in the 60's.

Who knows, maybe Arrow have the rights for the international version?

Daemonia 19th April 2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 336611)
I wouldn't go so far as to call it censored.

The scenes were extra for the international market. The whole extra blood and boobs for the europeans, like they did with Japan in the 60's.

Who knows, maybe Arrow have the rights for the international version?

I would. It was cut to gain a lower rating in the US. Therefore, by my calculations, it's censored.

PaulD 19th April 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 336616)
I would. It was cut to gain a lower rating in the US. Therefore, by my calculations, it's censored.

Hmm I don't know if I agree with that. To me, censoring something means not letting anyone see it, not cutting it to get a desired rating (unless the cuts are made to get it an 18 like Serbian Film etc which is different.)