Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2013, 03:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Both my kids love Harry Potter and by rights they could watch the Woman in Black (and Taken 2 etc.), but I wouldn't dream of letting them watch them, The Dark Knight Rises was as far as I was willing to go by taking my then 8 year old son, not before I'd asked members here whether or not there was any scenes maybe not suitable for him. Some parents are just plain stupid
Slippery Jack and PaulD like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th April 2013, 03:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Both my kids love Harry Potter and by rights they could watch the Woman in Black (and Taken 2 etc.), but I wouldn't dream of letting them watch them, The Dark Knight Rises was as far as I was willing to go by taking my then 8 year old son, not before I'd asked members here whether or not there was any scenes maybe not suitable for him. Some parents are just plain stupid
That's some good responsible parenting! It really annoys me when parents think 12A means they can take all kids regardless of age unaware that in that case the responsibility to check suitability falls squarely on them
pedromonkey likes this.
Old 19th April 2013, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
that's good parenting, you researched whether or not and made a choice, i hope your kids enjoyed it. For me, i would have no problem allowing my kids to watch a movie like The Avengers or Harry Potter because those are made for younger audiences but something like The Woman In Black or Taken 2, they would have to wait until i'd made sure it was appropriate before hand.

I was in work the other night and this woman was with her 8/9 year old kid and she actually asked him if he wanted to watch ROBOCOP, i wanted to slap the bitch but that would mean losing my job, He turned it down and went for a Ben 10 dvd instead. A little common sense isn't hard to get, it's free.
PaulD and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 19th April 2013, 03:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Exactly, I waited a good couple of weeks until I had enough opinions on TDKR before we went to watch it
pedromonkey likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th April 2013, 05:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Remember when movies just got the rating they got and that was the end of it?
Mr. Harker, you have my permision to win.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th April 2013, 05:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Mr. Harker, you have my permision to win.
Win??
Old 19th April 2013, 06:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Win??
About the certification system. I frankely think it's silly to cut a film just to make it possible to view to a wider audience, just put it out as it is with any given certificate that is applicable.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th April 2013, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I frankely think it's silly to cut a film just to make it possible to view to a wider audience
Poor business sense there, Hawks. Those Hollywood Hills mansions, drugs n' hookers don't pay for themselves, y'know . . .
Daemonia and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 20th April 2013, 02:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Hmm I don't know if I agree with that. To me, censoring something means not letting anyone see it, not cutting it to get a desired rating (unless the cuts are made to get it an 18 like Serbian Film etc which is different.)
Yeah, I can see what you're saying and it does create a grey area. But I still think that cutting, for any reason, is censorship in and of itself.
Old 20th April 2013, 04:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
that's good parenting, you researched whether or not and made a choice, i hope your kids enjoyed it. For me, i would have no problem allowing my kids to watch a movie like The Avengers or Harry Potter because those are made for younger audiences but something like The Woman In Black or Taken 2, they would have to wait until i'd made sure it was appropriate before hand.

I was in work the other night and this woman was with her 8/9 year old kid and she actually asked him if he wanted to watch ROBOCOP, i wanted to slap the bitch but that would mean losing my job, He turned it down and went for a Ben 10 dvd instead. A little common sense isn't hard to get, it's free.
My stepdad took me to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the drive-in when I was about 5 an it didn't affect me at all... bwahahahahahahahaha Not in the least.

Seriously, though I was way to young for that and there are age restrictions for a reason I do not think each child is on the same level.

9 year old with Ben 10..yeah thats not going last long.

Like this? Share it using the links below!