Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2012, 03:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
ahem...

It was more in regards to the way it seemed to be heading than any actual stuff written, and no-one was named as it was aimed at the conversation in general. I know it's impossible to judge 'tone' in written conversations but it seemed to me to be getting a little heated and I know people here are passionate about the films we discuss but I've seen the way these things can go on amazon (to the point I even got accused of being an employee of Arrow for trying to say positive things about the company) and honestly the nice thing about cult labs is it rarely seems to stoop to that level.

As for the 'sharpness' debate in regards to halloween 2, well each to their own by I could definatley see more detail in Shout factory's release, and I ran both films through the same Toshiba BDX 1200.
It was starting to get heated and you showed class in the way you made your statement. I personally don't mind admitting that even if others would prefer to feel there feathers getting ruffled.

I watched the Halloween 3 docu and its just as good as the one on Part 2 so you are really in for a treat.

As for the reversible covers, I like to use the reverse cover then whats on the slipcase so I can showcase them both. I always hated taking off a slip cover only to see the exact same artwork inside. But yeah I definitely see your point.

Scream Factory has been around for a long time and I think they wanted to innovate and go with what they were already doing as Shout Factory(and before that as Rhino) rather than copy say Arrow. The artwork covers actual was not inspired by Arrow but Mondo which they are the people behind the company were fans of.

It'll be interesting to see how the non-Halloween releases Terror Train and Fun House turn out.

I'm particularly interested in the Tobe Hopper commentary on Fun House. Thats quite the coupe. I already own a barebones version and may also get the Arrow one down the road.( I dont mind multiple copies of films if each offers me something diff..i still have my Halloween 2 universal for terror in the Aisles)
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th October 2012, 07:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

I'm hoping they release the other Phantasm films along with Halloween 6 including the Producers Cut.
Criterion7 likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 15th October 2012, 10:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'll be waiting until Second Sight release their edition of From Beyond before I make up my mind which version to get.Until then, my MGM DVD is a perfectly acceptable way to watch the movie in its unrated cut.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Second Sight have already interviewed Barbara Crampton for their release of From Beyond, so I've read. So it does seem that Second Sight are gathering a collection of extras that will be exclusive to their release - unless they're simply licensing the extras from Scream Factory/MGM. But they do give the impression that they're assembling their own set of extras.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:44 PM
Cult Addict

With titles like from beyond and funhouse i'll just end up double dipping. I've done it with synapse/arrow titles like frankenhooker and exterminator.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 15th October 2012, 02:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah I am definitely guilty of double and triple dipping. Honestly with From Beyond I would have done it for the same extras just to get a decent cover on the damn thing. The MGM cover was horrific(Same as the soundtrack cover)

Halloween 6 with a 2nd disc having the producers cut would definitely make me double dip.

I love that Barbara Crampton has been promoting the Scream Factory release on Facebook.

Thankfully for me I dont have to do too much double dipping in the first wave of releases.
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th October 2012, 08:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just announced from there facebook page:

Another title announcement tomorrow with two this time! Only hints: First time on Blu-ray and both from the 70s.

Also to tease, we'll be announcing - in person - some highly requested titles that we are planning for a "Collector's Edition" at the HorrorHound Weekend convention in Indianapolis on Nov 16th. (But no worries if you can't attend, we'll share them very soon afterwards on here we promise!) :-)

Let the speculating begin...

We got anouncements coming from Arrow and Scream Factory. Isn't it an amazing time to be a genre fan?
Old 18th October 2012, 08:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Just announced from there facebook page:

Another title announcement tomorrow with two this time! Only hints: First time on Blu-ray and both from the 70s.

Also to tease, we'll be announcing - in person - some highly requested titles that we are planning for a "Collector's Edition" at the HorrorHound Weekend convention in Indianapolis on Nov 16th. (But no worries if you can't attend, we'll share them very soon afterwards on here we promise!) :-)

Let the speculating begin...

We got anouncements coming from Arrow and Scream Factory. Isn't it an amazing time to be a genre fan?
Great stuff! My bluray of Halloween III came today incidentally and it really looks like an excellent release.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You will really enjoy it and the featurette is top notch.

It really is a golden time for us as collectors, so many companies finally put the time and effort to give us what we want.
darthelvis likes this.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post

I love that Barbara Crampton has been promoting the Scream Factory release on Facebook.
It would be nice to see her promoting it in her bondage gear from the movie.
Criterion7 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!