Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2013, 01:33 PM
Cult Addict

I think Arrows output has been improving somewhat lately.
Old 24th May 2013, 01:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I think Arrows output has been improving somewhat lately.
Ditto. Both in terms of new cover format and variety of titles . . .
Old 24th May 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Ditto. Both in terms of new cover format and variety of titles . . .
The Bava titles alone are fantastic, and to get titles like MOTEL HELL and DERANGED (uncut!) It's a damn shame money is tight as I'd be spending a lot of dosh on Arrow titles right now.
Daemonia likes this.
Old 24th May 2013, 04:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The Bava titles alone are fantastic, and to get titles like MOTEL HELL and DERANGED (uncut!) It's a damn shame money is tight as I'd be spending a lot of dosh on Arrow titles right now.
Hopefully all these titles will still be available when things better for us financially, mate.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th May 2013, 06:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It has the extras found of Scream Factory's disc, another 70 min documentary, and more!

Now then..I guess I have to buy two versions.

Even though its unpopular on this forum I really dig the artwork on the Scream Factory titles. (hey maybe its a regional thing)

I think my biggest thing right now is that Scream Factory really seems to be putting a lot of hard work and love into there titles.

Arrow turned there back on us here at this forum.
Old 24th May 2013, 07:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criterion7 View Post
Now then..I guess I have to buy two versions.

Even though its unpopular on this forum I really dig the artwork on the Scream Factory titles. (hey maybe its a regional thing)

I think my biggest thing right now is that Scream Factory really seems to be putting a lot of hard work and love into there titles.

Arrow turned there back on us here at this forum.
Most people's problem with the SF cover, is the fact that the "artist" "borrowed" most of the images from other posters. Pretty poor imo.
Old 24th May 2013, 07:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Most people's problem with the SF cover, is the fact that the "artist" "borrowed" most of the images from other posters. Pretty poor imo.
I'm curious to hear how all that pans out. Fascinating reading articles on the whole debacle - and quite shocking when you see the extent of his 'borrowing' for his earlier work. The sad thing is, other SF cover artists like Nathan Thomas Milliner are getting mixed up in it by misinformed folk who think they were up to the same tricks . . .
Old 24th May 2013, 08:07 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm curious to hear how all that pans out. Fascinating reading articles on the whole debacle - and quite shocking when you see the extent of his 'borrowing' for his earlier work. The sad thing is, other SF cover artists like Nathan Thomas Milliner are getting mixed up in it by misinformed folk who think they were up to the same tricks . . .
Probably nothing will come of it. SF refused to comment on it when asked what they had to say about it. I saw Nathan having to distance himself from the whole thing when his name was brought up.

The crazy thing is, the artist admitted it, and says that's what he's always done.
Old 24th May 2013, 08:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
The crazy thing is, the artist admitted it, and says that's what he's always done.
It's strange that he sees no problem with it, when people are paying him good money in good faith for ORIGINAL art. I've seen comments from a variety of his clients who aren't impressed to say the least. You'd think legally it's on shakey ground too. I mean, it's not like he just used elements from the original Lifeforce poster (which he did), but took elements from the art of entirely unrelated films . . .
Old 24th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's strange that he sees no problem with it, when people are paying him good money in good faith for ORIGINAL art. I've seen comments from a variety of his clients who aren't impressed to say the least. You'd think legally it's on shakey ground too. I mean, it's not like he just used elements from the original Lifeforce poster (which he did), but took elements from the art of entirely unrelated films . . .
Yeah, I believe he took stuff from Nightmare City and The Survivalist.

Like this? Share it using the links below!