Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2013, 07:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I disagree, like Jeunet or dislike him, he's not a hack - he has a very distinctive style. Surely a "hack" is someone without any discernible style and one who throws things together in a quick and shoddy manner?
Agreed! Jeunet most definitely is not a hack! You only need to see a few seconds from any of his French films to know it's him. He has a wonderful eye for detail and a great feel for physical comedy. I'd love to see him and Dominique Pinon do a silent film

It was just clearly a mistake to feed someone with that distinctive a vision into the Hollywood machine.

I do still think The Newborn is a fantastic bit of creature design though . . .
Old 5th June 2013, 07:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Trouble is there is literally nothing beyond that. He reminds me to some extent of post LEON Luc Besson, lovely looking films but nothing underneath.
I'd disagree with that too. I thought Micmacs was a fun little caper film, a perfectly fine piece of entertainment. I do wish he'd hook up with Caro again though - thought Dante 01 was terrible . . .
Old 5th June 2013, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
In fairness to Whedon, he dislikes ressurection as well. Junet didn't follow his script. Not surprising really jean pierre junet is a hack who survives by making his stupid little films look as quirky as he can to mask how poor they are. Theres no substance to a single one of his films.
:O Sacrilege

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th June 2013, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
:O Sacrilege
I should at least clarify that my opinion of the works of mr junet is a personal one so please no one get offended!

I've tried watching his films and found them dull and uninvolving. I do like Paul naschy and Jean Rollin so it could just be my tastes!

That said, back to scream factory talks eh!?

Anyone got their burning blu yet? I saw the review above but find it hard to comprehend that its not much of a step up from the DVD release! Surely they had access to the archive materials. A Proper HD transfer SHOULD look better than a dvd upscale (unless its Bill lustigs maniac of course!) I would have thought!?

That review has kind of made me wish i'd waited. I've not loads to splash on Blus these days and I only relented with this one because I-deals had it at £14 and I love the film.
Old 5th June 2013, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

***************NEWSFLASH************************** *****************************

All your music are listing THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN ON BLU RAY FOR £8.22!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Town-Dreaded...readed+sundown

Cant really afford it but at that price cant say no either. Think that mght have been their error when listing?!

We'll see when it ships!
Old 5th June 2013, 04:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
***************NEWSFLASH************************** *****************************

All your music are listing THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN ON BLU RAY FOR £8.22!!!!

Cant really afford it but at that price cant say no either. Think that mght have been their error when listing?!

We'll see when it ships!
Nice spot mate! Put in an order myself!
Old 7th June 2013, 08:41 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

We'll see when it ships!
Just got an email confirming dispatch. Huzzah!
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just got an email confirming dispatch. Huzzah!
Mine shipped as well

Bargain!
Old 8th June 2013, 08:38 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Got my copy of Ninja III: The Domination today from Movietyme. Can't wait to give it a spin. Will be a lot better than the German disc.

Old 10th June 2013, 03:05 PM
Active Cultist

COHEN & TATE at DVD Drive-in

Like this? Share it using the links below!