Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2012, 01:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Shouldn't you change your moniker from ArrowFan to Scream Factory Fan?
Old 13th October 2012, 06:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Last time I checked you could like more than one company. Right now Scream Factory is delivering where other companies are not. It's a fact. Other forums have threads about Shout/Scream factory and this one sadly only has two messages in a day...Thats not good for a cult site when this is a company that deals with cult films.
Drakie79 likes this.
Old 13th October 2012, 07:49 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Great idea for a thread mate, saves trawling through pages of Upcoming Blu threads.
I love the new artwork for these releases, who is the artist?
Drakie79 and Criterion7 like this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th October 2012, 08:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Great idea for a thread mate, saves trawling through pages of Upcoming Blu threads.
I love the new artwork for these releases, who is the artist?
Thanks. Its Nathan Thomas Milner who does the art for a lot of the Shout Factory releases as well.
Old 13th October 2012, 09:14 AM
Cult Addict

They could make a ton more cash not region locking their discs, but its starting to get easier to get hold of region free blu players so I guess it wont matter soon anyway.

Haven't watched their Halloween discs yet but given the weather today I may watch them this afternoon. Terror train also appeals to me, I have the decent quality u.s dvd already (not the piss poor anchor bay uk one) but a HD upgrade with extras should be great, and I doubt there's no-one not looking forward to THEY LIVE!

Also death valley will be another buy for me, havn't seen that one since VHS days.
Old 13th October 2012, 09:29 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
They could make a ton more cash not region locking their discs.
But that's not a decision made by the company, rather the companies it licences from. Companies like Fox and Universal wont want an indie selling its titles to territories outside whatever is stipulated in the licensing agreement.

Call me cynical but I'm sure studios like Fox will look at the sales figures of titles licenced out and use them to gauge whether or not to release them itself elsewhere too.
Old 13th October 2012, 12:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's possibly just me, but I find them hugely overrated by the genre community. They've actually put very little out. It seems to be more the licenses they pick up and the now well worn artwork choices that have given them some bewildering saviour of horror following. It's interesting how close they seem to have followed the Arrow mould and recreated that model. Kudo's to them, it's clearly worked, I've seen a silly amount of people already opting to import their From Beyond rather than Second Sight's. Considering neither have fully announced specs, nor do we know what transfers are like, they must be doing something right to inspire such a blind following.

The only release that I've seen (which was not mine, but a friends, I am still very much region locked) is Halloween 2, and the transfer is noticably worse than the Universal disc, due to artifacting.

It would seem I'm a little harder to woo than most. I'm looking forward to see how their Terror Train turns out though. It's one of my favourites of the Slasher sub-genre.
Old 13th October 2012, 01:28 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
It's possibly just me, but I find them hugely overrated by the genre community. They've actually put very little out. It seems to be more the licenses they pick up and the now well worn artwork choices that have given them some bewildering saviour of horror following. It's interesting how close they seem to have followed the Arrow mould and recreated that model. Kudo's to them, it's clearly worked, I've seen a silly amount of people already opting to import their From Beyond rather than Second Sight's. Considering neither have fully announced specs, nor do we know what transfers are like, they must be doing something right to inspire such a blind following.

The only release that I've seen (which was not mine, but a friends, I am still very much region locked) is Halloween 2, and the transfer is noticably worse than the Universal disc, due to artifacting.

It would seem I'm a little harder to woo than most. I'm looking forward to see how their Terror Train turns out though. It's one of my favourites of the Slasher sub-genre.
Strange, I had heard that the Universal Halloween II had the poorer transfer, and Scream Factory did some more work on it.
Old 13th October 2012, 01:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Universal disc is standard DTS 5.1 too, the SF release is DTS HD Master Audio 5.1.
Old 13th October 2012, 01:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Last time I checked you could like more than one company. Right now Scream Factory is delivering where other companies are not. It's a fact. Other forums have threads about Shout/Scream factory and this one sadly only has two messages in a day...Thats not good for a cult site when this is a company that deals with cult films.
Hey, my post was meant in good humour, sorry if you took offence.

If Scream Factory do good business I'm sure these titles will surface elsewhere. I can do patient.
KPWNINJA and Criterion7 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!