Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2012, 01:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

They are giving posters away with the first 500 purchases.
Old 13th October 2012, 01:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
But that's not a decision made by the company, rather the companies it licences from. Companies like Fox and Universal wont want an indie selling its titles to territories outside whatever is stipulated in the licensing agreement.

Call me cynical but I'm sure studios like Fox will look at the sales figures of titles licenced out and use them to gauge whether or not to release them itself elsewhere too.
The Universal release of halloween 2 is region free on blu-ray!
Old 13th October 2012, 01:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Strange, I had heard that the Universal Halloween II had the poorer transfer, and Scream Factory did some more work on it.
Strange, as what I've read seems to point to exactly what I saw. It's in evidence at all of the usual sources, it's less obvious in motion, but still noticable, but perhaps that's because I was specifically looking to compare them.
Old 13th October 2012, 02:04 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Strange, as what I've read seems to point to exactly what I saw. It's in evidence at all of the usual sources, it's less obvious in motion, but still noticable, but perhaps that's because I was specifically looking to compare them.
What's even stranger is that I don't see much (if any) difference in those screencaps.
Old 13th October 2012, 02:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
As someone who owns both versions of Halloween 2 on blu ray I have to call you out on that one there is a definitely a difference in quality and in Scream Factory's favour. I'm sure if you check out sites that compare the blu's side by side looking for quality in video and audio you will see that.

And in Halloween 2 audio is something that definitely matters

And yes I checked them out side by side.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th October 2012, 03:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
As someone who owns both versions of Halloween 2 on blu ray I have to call you out on that one there is a definitely a difference in quality and in Scream Factory's favour. I'm sure if you check out sites that compare the blu's side by side looking for quality in video and audio you will see that.

Call me out on it all you want, I've posted a link to show blatantly I'm not the only one. The general consensus from the comparisons I've seen and read online all seem to align with that. It's not a science, there's a degree of opinion and perceptiveness.

Considering some of the hyperbole I've already seen you spout about Scream Factory releases which have yet to be fully specified (In reference to their From Beyond release you said: "Or get the new SF one that'll have every feature released before and a ton of new ones...Not a hard choice there SF is the clear winner." when in fact what they actually said was "There will be new extras along with the older ones which were on the prior 2007 DVD release.") I don't doubt for a second you do see things differently.
Rik likes this.
Old 13th October 2012, 03:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Call me out on it all you want, I've posted a link to show blatantly I'm not the only one. The general consensus from the comparisons I've seen and read online all seem to align with that. It's not a science, there's a degree of opinion and perceptiveness.

Considering some of the hyperbole I've already seen you spout about Scream Factory releases which have yet to be fully specified (In reference to their From Beyond release you said: "Or get the new SF one that'll have every feature released before and a ton of new ones...Not a hard choice there SF is the clear winner." when in fact what they actually said was "There will be new extras along with the older ones which were on the prior 2007 DVD release.") I don't doubt for a second you do see things differently.
One forum is not a general consensus and even the link you posted was split on whether the thought which was better.

Every review I have read contradicts what you have said. Not one has proclaimed it a better transfer. In fact the only reason they say to own the universal is because of the documentary. Definitely not from the audio which we both know is weak on the universal and picture is definitely comparable though I will say that it is up for the perception of the viewer.

Don't think you can paint me with the fanboy brush thats insulting and a sad attempt to sway views.

I can have a reasonable debate that sticks with facts and overall thoughts.

This isn't politics, its a forum, and I dont like even subtle character dissing.

Am I fan of the company putting out the movies I have been wanting for ages yes.

But never mistake my enthusiasm for blind love of a company.

I am a big supporter of Arrow but I tell it exactly like it is when they mess up. Proven fact known by anyone who has read my posts.
Old 13th October 2012, 05:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post

And in Halloween 2 audio is something that definitely matters

Just finished watching the shout factory Halloween 2 and i've got to side with Arrowfan here, I stuck the universal disc in straight afterwards and watched a bit in the hospital (about 20 minutes) and Scream factory's release trumps it.

I will add the caveat here that it does not trump it by any great leaps and bounds, it looks somewhat sharper and sounds better but the Universal release is still bloody good quality, so anyone expecting a dramatic improvement may have been dissapointed.

As for those screencaps, well i've never trusted screencaps and that link didn't really change my mind.

***edit***

and let's play nice chaps, its all opinions at the end of the day no reason for the forums to end up like Amazon!
Daemonia, Steel76 and Criterion7 like this.
Old 13th October 2012, 05:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

and let's play nice chaps, its all opinions at the end of the day no reason for the forums to end up like Amazon!
I thought you would want that....

...then you could try and flog things for £200 on here as well.
KPWNINJA and Rik like this.
Old 13th October 2012, 05:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I thought you would want that....

...then you could try and flog things for £200 on here as well.
If I thought I could get it!

Certainly at the minute, my kitchen ceiling collapsed last week and I need the cash!

Like this? Share it using the links below!