Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2012, 06:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
They did a deal with MGM that has a load of obscure titles
Yup, I got a lot of obscure cult movies ripped from HDTV, and they all have the MGM logo at the beginning

I love that MGM puts so much work into remastering even the shittiest movies like "Robot Holocaust" in High Def, and they all look great!

I hope they release all those awesome 80:s sci-fi and apocalype movies as well, either through their Scream label or maybe through a new dedicated sci-fi label, like an "Sci-Factory" or something

I havenĀ“t been this excited about coming cult/horro movies in almost 10 years!

Quote:
How is it that this thread hasn't been stickied yet...?????
+ 10 on that
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 26th October 2012, 09:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
** EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL "Halloween Weekend" ANNOUNCEMENT**

Cannon films X-RAY (1981 - aka: HOSPITAL MASSACRE with Barbi Benton), SCHIZOID (1980 - starring Klaus Kinski) and THE GODSEND (1980 - starring Donald Pleasence's daughter, Angela) ar
e on tap for a release late in 2013! All three have never been out on DVD before.

Not sure if they are on dvd in the UK but I have been wanting to get my hands on Hospital Massacre and Schizoid for awhile now.

The Godsend too, if its the one I remember!!!
Now I know what you guys must be feeling regarding the Arrow announcements as I have absolutely no interest in these whatsoever
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th October 2012, 09:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Now I know what you guys must be feeling regarding the Arrow announcements as I have absolutely no interest in these whatsoever
Kinda what I said about the latest Arrow releases but I was more pollite..

How anyone cannot want to own X-Ray(Hospital Massacre) is Beyond me though.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hospital Massacre is of interest to me, when its price is reduced by Allyourmusic, but the others not at all.

Its almost as if we should think every thing released pre 1995 is a classic, which is a complete myth.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Hospital Massacre is of interest to me, when its price is reduced by Allyourmusic, but the others not at all.

Its almost as if we should think every thing released pre 1995 is a classic, which is a complete myth.
Well although it may not be of interest to you. like Radley Metzger stuff has zero interest to me, these are films I grew up watching. No one at all is saying any of the films are classic but they are rare hard to get films. Films that appeal to my generation of genre fans.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Kinda what I said about the latest Arrow releases but I was more pollite..

How anyone cannot want to own X-Ray(Hospital Massacre) is Beyond me though.
Didn't think I'd heard of it before, but I've just checked my slasher films books to see if it was listed and it is, complete with conflicting reviews
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th October 2012, 10:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Didn't think I'd heard of it before, but I've just checked my slasher films books to see if it was listed and it is, complete with conflicting reviews
The lovely Barbi Benton is reason enough to get this film. Her attributes are well shown off. What slasher film books do you have?

If you like 80s slashers its a fun watch. They didn't reinvent the wheel but it was never boring.

Its really worth checking out.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
What slasher film books do you have?

These two

Daemonia and Criterion7 like this.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well although it may not be of interest to you. like Radley Metzger stuff has zero interest to me, these are films I grew up watching. No one at all is saying any of the films are classic but they are rare hard to get films. Films that appeal to my generation of genre fans.
Why are you turning this into a competition between Scream Factory and Arrow?.

I never mentioned Radley Metzger in my post, i just commented on these releases by Scream stating one of the films was of interest.

If your interested, there isn't one of the new Arrow releases i will be buying. I own the Bava films, and the others aren't of interest.

Stop being so defensive and acting as if every negative comment is a slight on you because it isn't.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
These two

Wanted that one Legacy of Blood. Never saw the other before.

I almost wrote one of these myself. The slasher genre is an area of expertise for me. I actually studied the genre and was working on a book on Canadian slasher films. Life got in the way and I put it on hold for now :-)

Which book is better?

Like this? Share it using the links below!