Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2012, 04:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Hell, even this would be better than Scream Factory's chosen art...

Oooh, I like that.
Old 5th December 2012, 05:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I have never seen this artwork before. It's a great picture but totally unsuitable for the film.
Not sure if it was just outside the uk but this is a classic example of drive-in art. It's an era you may have had to live in to appreciate .
Daemonia likes this.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Not sure if it was just outside the uk but this is a classic example of drive-in art. It's an era you may have had to live in to appreciate .
Absolutely. That's one part of American culture that never found its way to the UK - probably because we have such lousy weather, a UK Drive-In would be flooded, snowed under etc for most of the year.

I still would've rather Scream Factory gone with more appropriate (IMO) art, but if this is what the US is familiar with, then I understand the decision entirely. Will this have a reversible cover though...?
Old 5th December 2012, 01:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Absolutely. That's one part of American culture that never found its way to the UK - probably because we have such lousy weather, a UK Drive-In would be flooded, snowed under etc for most of the year.

I still would've rather Scream Factory gone with more appropriate (IMO) art, but if this is what the US is familiar with, then I understand the decision entirely. Will this have a reversible cover though...?
Yeah the great thing about Scream, Arrow and Mondo is if you don't like the cover you just turn over to the reversible one. I'm guessing the reversible will be a more traditional style you are looking for.

I just personal grew up on the whole drive-in, exploitation era. Though I live in NL so our weather is pretty much same as yours.
First horror film was a drive-in TCM when it was way inappropriate for me to see it but my step-dad at the time was a huge horror fan.
Old 5th December 2012, 01:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah the great thing about Scream, Arrow and Mondo is if you don't like the cover you just turn over to the reversible one..
Unless they have a slipcase like Terror Train, Halloween III etc
Old 5th December 2012, 01:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I think the Australian blu ray cover is alright!

Sobral likes this.
Old 5th December 2012, 02:03 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You may be right.

Some of Hammer's Stateside releases went straight to the Drive-ins as they were distributed by independant companies. The Vampire Lovers was picked up by AIP who issued it with this poster as it seemed more appealing to the Drive-in circuit than the original version.

It features in The Art of Hammer book so i thought it would have been more widely seen than it seems.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 5th December 2012, 03:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah its the standard poster art for here in North America. If you google image the film thats what you'll see a majority of the time.

personally I love it.

Though bad news for peeps who don't like it..if this isn't a CE than you should know that non-CE's don't have reversible cover art
Old 5th December 2012, 04:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Probably more that we weren't (and still aren't, comparatively) a "car culture".
Old 5th December 2012, 04:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I wonder what version of House III they'll put out? Hopefully the unrated version....
Don't think i've ever seen House III,but i'd like to have it as i already have the ABUS discs.To complete the collection as they say.Was there ever a House IV?

Like this? Share it using the links below!