Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Prince of Darkness, I saw it years ago, (Many, I admit.) and thought it was one of Carpenters worst films ever! On a par with Escape from LA. Yeah, that bad! How on earth did it become a #1 requested title? Is this by people who have never seen it? Wow!
Psycho 2 rocks though but Psycho 3 is a bit like Scanners 3. Only for people who want the set.
I have a multi region blu ray but also just don't get the attraction of SF releases. Some of the worst cover art in the history of cover art. Have you seen the abortion they are putting on Day of the Dead. Really?
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:53 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

Prince of Darkness, I saw it years ago, (Many, I admit.) and thought it was one of Carpenters worst films ever! On a par with Escape from LA. Yeah, that bad! How on earth did it become a #1 requested title? Is this by people who have never seen it? Wow!
Psycho 2 rocks though but Psycho 3 is a bit like Scanners 3. Only for people who want the set.
I have a multi region blu ray but also just don't get the attraction of SF releases. Some of the worst cover art in the history of cover art. Have you seen the abortion they are putting on Day of the Dead. Really?
I think Prince Of Darkness is hugely underrated, and Carpenter's creepiest film.

And as for SF's artwork, it's like Arrow, everyone complains about the artwork, but they have the original artwork on the reverese, so it's not really a problem.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Its horses for courses really.

Prince of Darkness has really built up a following over the last few years. When i first watched in my teens i wasn't impressed but now i see it as one of Carpenter's finest works.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think Prince Of Darkness is hugely underrated, and Carpenter's creepiest film.
I think it's just me turning into a grumpy old man! I'll have to give it another go!
I LOVED Carpenter back in the day, he was awesome. When you compare stuff like, Dark Star, Eyes of Laura Mars, Halloween, Escape from New York, The Thing, Christine, Starman and even The Fog to his later efforts like, In The Mouth of Madness, Village of the Damned, the inexcusable Escape from LA, Vampires and The Ward, you wonder what the hell has happened to him.
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think it's just me turning into a grumpy old man! I'll have to give it another go!
I LOVED Carpenter back in the day, he was awesome. When you compare stuff like, Dark Star, Eyes of Laura Mars, Halloween, Escape from New York, The Thing, Christine, Starman and even The Fog to his later efforts like, In The Mouth of Madness, Village of the Damned, the inexcusable Escape from LA, Vampires and The Ward, you wonder what the hell has happened to him.
You might want to give In the Mouth of Madness another go as well Boo.
sjconstable likes this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:09 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Could be, or it could equally just be me that will watch anything. I really like In The Mouth Of Madness. Hell, I even enjoyed Ghosts Of Mars.
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I really like In The Mouth Of Madness. Hell, I even enjoyed Ghosts Of Mars.
Ditto.
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
You might want to give In the Mouth of Madness another go as well Boo.
Really? You and Stephen both concur so it must be me then! I will make an effort to look out for ITMOM and POD and give them another go. I sat there for 2 and a half hours watching the total dross that is Melancholie der Engel so I'm sure I can find 90 minutes somewhere.
Old 23rd May 2013, 08:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oh god I need both Psycho sequels! Held off from buying the DVD box set so will get those instead (not bothered about the 4th)
Hawkmonger and Criterion7 like this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched THE BURNING, which arrived from importcds.com earlier today... Really fun film and the PQ was top notch, I bet the old Vipco's DVD didn't look like this Keep the classics coming SF! Just pre-ordered THE HOWLING and ELECTRA GLIDE IN BLUE (the VHS of which is kicking around in the loft I think)

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!