LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2014, 09:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Sounds good, looking forward to it.
Old 4th February 2014, 11:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
They've revealed the new artwork for Dog Soldiers on Facebook. Not too shabby.

I've had the UK DVD of Dog Soldiers for years, and still haven't watched it all the way through. I've tried to, but I always end up turning it off.
Daemonia likes this.
Old 4th February 2014, 01:37 PM
Cult Addict

SleepCampBRCover72dpi.jpg

final exam.jpg
Old 11th February 2014, 03:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Not impressed by the prints on any of these films.

Really poor quality. No better than Mill Creek's worst efforts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 618L+71-UqL._SX342_.jpg (33.7 KB, 19 views)
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th February 2014, 06:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looks like people like me will never get to see the Cabal Cut of Nightbreed....
Yes there still releasing it, but a cut version.
When Scream Factory revealed it was at work on restoring Clive Barker's original vision of his 1990 directorial effort Nightbreed on Blu-ray. The presumption was that this was going to be The Cabal Cut , a 160-minute cut of the creature feature that has been making the film festival and convention circuit rounds.
But that is not the case. In John Nicol's Fangoria #330 interview with Seraphim Films' Barker and Mark Miller, it has been revealed that Scream Factory's presentation will be a Director's Cut. Miller explained:

I've seen footage that hasn't even made it into the version at the screenings. The story is all there. Clive's vision is complete. It's a thing of beauty. Shout! Factory is going to restore it with tender loving care.

The Cabal Cut was created by us in-house from the footage we found in the storage rooms. This 160-minute beast has every bit of Nightbreed footage we had access to incorporated into the cut. We put everything we found back in a) just to be able to say we'd seen that version and b) because we needed as much of the proverbial scultptor's rock to chip away from for what would become the finished masterwork: The Director's Cut.

Miller goes on to say that the restoration process is well underway and that some scenes from The Cabal Cut are being cut or trimmed.

No release date for The Director's Cut has been set.
Smagmata likes this.
Old 12th February 2014, 06:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Looks like people like me will never get to see the Cabal Cut of Nightbreed....
Yes there still releasing it, but a cut version.
When Scream Factory revealed it was at work on restoring Clive Barker's original vision of his 1990 directorial effort Nightbreed on Blu-ray. The presumption was that this was going to be The Cabal Cut , a 160-minute cut of the creature feature that has been making the film festival and convention circuit rounds.
But that is not the case. In John Nicol's Fangoria #330 interview with Seraphim Films' Barker and Mark Miller, it has been revealed that Scream Factory's presentation will be a Director's Cut. Miller explained:

I've seen footage that hasn't even made it into the version at the screenings. The story is all there. Clive's vision is complete. It's a thing of beauty. Shout! Factory is going to restore it with tender loving care.

The Cabal Cut was created by us in-house from the footage we found in the storage rooms. This 160-minute beast has every bit of Nightbreed footage we had access to incorporated into the cut. We put everything we found back in a) just to be able to say we'd seen that version and b) because we needed as much of the proverbial scultptor's rock to chip away from for what would become the finished masterwork: The Director's Cut.

Miller goes on to say that the restoration process is well underway and that some scenes from The Cabal Cut are being cut or trimmed.

No release date for The Director's Cut has been set.
So scream factory's is a longer cut but not the Cabal cut?

I presume this is because not all the Cabal cut stuff is suitable for a HD release (as was the case for the unrated uncut version of The horror show aka House 3) still tempted to give it a go though as I even enjoy the compromised theatrical version and would be happy to see a HD version of that.
Old 12th February 2014, 06:44 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default SCREAM FACTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

I presume this is because not all the Cabal cut stuff is suitable for a HD release (as was the case for the unrated uncut version of The horror show aka House 3) still tempted to give it a go though as I even enjoy the compromised theatrical version and would be happy to see a HD version of that.

It'll be done with the participation of Barker I believe, and will be somewhere inbetween the theatrical and Cabal version. And as they said, the Cabal cut was basically just every bit of footage they could get their hands on and put together. So I have no problem with the version Scream will release.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th February 2014, 06:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Most likely, but looking into my crystal ball, I see in a couple of years, "Due to customer demand Shout! Factory will release the Cabal Cut so all the fans can double dip and give us your dosh! Hoo-Ya!"

I will buy the directors cut just out of curiosity and having never seen the Cabal cut but Horror Show I wouldn't, purely because it is cut and every time I looked at it, it would piss me off!!
keirarts and Smagmata like this.
Old 12th February 2014, 10:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Most likely, but looking into my crystal ball, I see in a couple of years, "Due to customer demand Shout! Factory will release the Cabal Cut so all the fans can double dip and give us your dosh! Hoo-Ya!"

I will buy the directors cut just out of curiosity and having never seen the Cabal cut but Horror Show I wouldn't, purely because it is cut and every time I looked at it, it would piss me off!!
An assembly cut is no way to watch a film, it's not how Barker would have released it originally if he'd had his way, so Scream Factory releasing a new director's cut is absolutely the right thing to do.
Old 12th February 2014, 10:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
An assembly cut is no way to watch a film, it's not how Barker would have released it originally if he'd had his way, so Scream Factory releasing a new director's cut is absolutely the right thing to do.
If anything the Cabal Cut should be a bonus feature at most, but considering how rare it is to ever see a Workprint get an official release, I think it's unlikely.
Maybe we'll see the extra scenes as a deleted scenes bonus feature maybe.

Not including German releases, the only officially eleased complete work prints I can think of are Blade Runner, in a 5 or 3 disc set with other cuts, and Intruder, which was a limited DVD-R with the blu ray if I'm right.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!