Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2014, 10:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
If anything the Cabal Cut should be a bonus feature at most, but considering how rare it is to ever see a Workprint get an official release, I think it's unlikely.
Maybe we'll see the extra scenes as a deleted scenes bonus feature maybe.

Not including German releases, the only officially eleased complete work prints I can think of are Blade Runner, in a 5 or 3 disc set with other cuts, and Intruder, which was a limited DVD-R with the blu ray if I'm right.
Yeah, and Alien 3 could possibly count too.
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 12th February 2014, 11:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

And it will no doubt have shitty artwork too, in fact my 2 year old nephew was telling me the other day that he'd been asked to scribble a picture for it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th February 2014, 11:54 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wow, a shitty Scream Factory artwork comment from Rik. You almost NEVER see that.
Old 13th February 2014, 12:38 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
If anything the Cabal Cut should be a bonus feature at most, but considering how rare it is to ever see a Workprint get an official release, I think it's unlikely.

Not including German releases, the only officially eleased complete work prints I can think of are Blade Runner, in a 5 or 3 disc set with other cuts, and Intruder, which was a limited DVD-R with the blu ray if I'm right.
I may be wrong (it's upstairs and it's a bit late to go and check) but I'm pretty sure the US Ltd Edition of Richard Stanley's Dust Devil contains a workprint.
Old 13th February 2014, 03:17 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I may be wrong (it's upstairs and it's a bit late to go and check) but I'm pretty sure the US Ltd Edition of Richard Stanley's Dust Devil contains a workprint.
It does.
Old 13th February 2014, 08:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Wow, a shitty Scream Factory artwork comment from Rik. You almost NEVER see that.

Almost as predictable as their awful artwork choices
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th February 2014, 11:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I do like this one though

keirarts likes this.
Old 13th February 2014, 02:45 PM
Cultist

Quote:

I definitely think a new Director's Cut is welcome - quality of the footage aside, the Cabal Cut really dragged, I'd say only half of the new scenes were worthwhile. I've always enjoyed the theatrical cut fine though.
Old 13th February 2014, 04:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Pretty excited about this Nightbreed release.

Sidenote: Am I the only one that almost always (85%) prefers the new SF art? I love the styles personally...
Old 13th February 2014, 04:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
An assembly cut is no way to watch a film, it's not how Barker would have released it originally if he'd had his way, so Scream Factory releasing a new director's cut is absolutely the right thing to do.
I agree. If it has Clive Barker's seal of approval then I'm happy with that. After all, he's the director and knows what he wants in the final version of his film. I can do without padding that Barker would've trimmed away so the film could flow as he originally wanted.
Boo Radley likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!