Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2019, 02:52 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Don’t have a heart attack but “Harry Warden” is back!! ❤ The original ’80s slasher film receives more love and attention from us with a planned 2-Disc set. Expected Release: Feb 2020 — before Valentine’s Day
"***MY BLOODY VALENTINE Update***

Harry Warden is back! Our hearts are pumping with excitement as we can finally present a new update on our upcoming Blu-ray release of the 1981 original classic slasher. Read on for all the details:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is February 4th.

• This is being presented as a 2-Disc Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Joel Robinson This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original (and iconic) theatrical artwork.

• New extras and specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Dec before the holidays or early Jan) but we can confirm today that we are doing a new transfer of the theatrical and unrated cut of the film!

-------------

We are taking pre-orders now ($34.93) for a Website Exclusive Deluxe Offer that includes:

• The Collector’s Edition Blu-ray

• An 18” x 24” rolled poster of the new Joel Robinson Art

• SITE ONLY OFFER: An alternate slipcover and an 18” x 24” rolled poster that showcases a newly-commissioned illustration from artist Laz Marquez

The site offer is limited to 2,000 units. Once they are sold out we then list the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray solo. Other retailers will carry the Blu-ray pre-order links soon in the next couple of months."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th November 2019, 04:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

"Chief, listen to me. You have to go to the mine! We were having a party and Harry Warden started killing everybody"!

Awesome
Old 7th November 2019, 08:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
[I]

...we can confirm today that we are doing a new transfer of the theatrical and unrated cut of the film!
it'll be interesting to see if they can come up with better elements for the unrated cut
Old 7th November 2019, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Interesting for sure.
I'm positive that they say in the comm that that stuff was .... unwell to say the least cough ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th November 2019, 09:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, need to wait and see. If the uncut version is the going to be the same as the Lionsgate version then I'll stick with that Blu ray.
If it is, then it's good for those who were unable to get the Lionsgate release.
Old 9th November 2019, 05:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

A couple of quick shots of the reverse sleeve to The Devil Rides Out and it is the cover I have chosen.

20191109_174206.jpg 20191109_174229.jpg
Old 12th November 2019, 07:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And what a transfer it is!
I watched this on Sunday-another winner from SF!

One of Hammer's finest!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th November 2019, 08:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, the Fox 'Devils Bride' version looks just awesome.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 24th November 2019, 05:02 AM
Cult Master

Let’s Scare Jessica To Death

Release date: January 28th, 2020

"Released from an institution after suffering a nervous breakdown, Jessica (Zohra Lampert, The Exorcist III) seeks the tranquility of a secluded home in Connecticut to help make her recovery complete. But instead of a restful recuperation with her husband and close friend in the New England countryside, Jessica soon finds herself falling into a swirling vortex of madness and the supernatural! And an even more unsettling discovery is that the entire region seems to be under the influence of a mysterious woman who has been living in the supposedly empty house. Jessica's fear and dread only intensify when she discovers that the "undead" girl, Emily, tragically drowned long ago, on her wedding day. Is she back to take vengeance?"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th November 2019, 10:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Let’s Scare Jessica To Death

Release date: January 28th, 2020

"Released from an institution after suffering a nervous breakdown, Jessica (Zohra Lampert, The Exorcist III) seeks the tranquility of a secluded home in Connecticut to help make her recovery complete. But instead of a restful recuperation with her husband and close friend in the New England countryside, Jessica soon finds herself falling into a swirling vortex of madness and the supernatural! And an even more unsettling discovery is that the entire region seems to be under the influence of a mysterious woman who has been living in the supposedly empty house. Jessica's fear and dread only intensify when she discovers that the "undead" girl, Emily, tragically drowned long ago, on her wedding day. Is she back to take vengeance?"

Superb film . A UK label really needs to jump on this now that Paramount seem to be more agreeable to licensing. I'll happily import this one but the UK boutiques should be looking to save me as much money as possible

Like this? Share it using the links below!