Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2020, 06:41 PM
Cult Master

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter (1974) - Pre-order available from Shout Factory direct - $23.99

Release date April 14rd, 2020

"In a small village in the remote English countryside, several young maidens have been found dead – their beautiful faces horribly aged almost beyond recognition.

Suspecting a supernatural evil at work, the local doctor calls on Army friend and famed vampire hunter Captain Kronos, an expert swordsman formerly of the King's Imperial Guard.

Aided by his expert assistant, Professor Grost, the two quickly confirm the gruesome murders are the work of a unique type of vampire, one who drains its victims not of their blood, but of their youth!

After forging a lethal new sword from an old graveyard cross, the vampire hunters set out to put an end to evil's reign of terror in this Hammer Films horror classic.

Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th January 2020, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Curse of the Werewolf is coming too (don’t think it’s been posted), I’ll be getting that because I never picked up the UK blu
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th January 2020, 07:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Curse of the Werewolf is coming too (don’t think it’s been posted), I’ll be getting that because I never picked up the UK blu
yes and apparently its going to be a fresh scan in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. i prefer my Hammers in 1.66 or 1.75, but this is still better than the very dodgy 2:1.
Old 9th January 2020, 07:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
yes and apparently its going to be a fresh scan in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. i prefer my Hammers in 1.66 or 1.75, but this is still better than the very dodgy 2:1.
I wonder if the UK will also be getting this new scan?

The reason i ask is because there's a new dvd of the film out Jan 27th so a new blu may be following?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91KbofpRbpL._AC_SY445_.jpg (40.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 9th January 2020, 07:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wonder if the UK will also be getting this new scan?

The reason i ask is because there's a new dvd of the film out Jan 27th so a new blu may be following?
whose putting that out Dem? Checked Amazon and couldn't see it. I was hoping when the Final Cut rights for the Universal Hammers expired that Indicator would step in and do them properly.
Old 9th January 2020, 07:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
whose putting that out Dem? Checked Amazon and couldn't see it. I was hoping when the Final Cut rights for the Universal Hammers expired that Indicator would step in and do them properly.
Kaleidoscope
Old 9th January 2020, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Kaleidoscope
don't know that label - any good?
Old 9th January 2020, 07:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
don't know that label - any good?
I'm sure you do know them.

Quote:
Launched in 2008, Kaleidoscope is a global independent all-rights entertainment distributor, with theatrical, digital, physical and international distribution operations. The catalogue now contains more than 1,700 features.

Projects include new family animation StarDog and TurboCat, voiced by Luke Evans, Nick Frost, Bill Nighy and Gemma Arterton; and madcap espionage animation feature, Spycies, from the team behind Secret Life of Pets, Despicable Me and Minions, Joss Whedon’s acclaimed Much Ado About Nothing, Sundance Grand Jury Prize Winner, The Wolfpack, family animated features, Spark and Khumba: A Zebra’s Tale, respectively featuring the voices of Jessica Biel, Susan Sarandon, Patrick Stewart and Hilary Swank, and Steve Buscemi and Liam Neeson, Alice Lowe black comedy Prevenge, the Idris Elba starring Second Coming, the epic tale of the Dunlop road racing dynasty, Road, narrated by Liam Neeson, World War 2 thriller, Winter in Wartime.

Recently Kaleidoscope has acquired Platform Entertainment and Icon Film Distribution
, adding to the catalogue titles such as rip-roaring TV series’ Spartacus and Black Sails, Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto, We Were Soldiers and What Women Want, the Ryan Gosling starred Drive and Nice Guys, alongside Russell Crowe, Ryan Reynolds in Buried, the acclaimed WW2 thriller, Anthropoid, Nicolas Winding Refn’s, The Neon Demon, and The Road, starring Viggo Mortensen.
That was news to me.
Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.
Old 9th January 2020, 07:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I'm sure you do know them.
none of those are in my collection.
Old 9th January 2020, 07:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
none of those are in my collection.
I'm sure you own things like Paul Hyett's excellent Seasoning House or the acclaimed Korean horror The Wailing, the brilliant Dutch zombie film Kill Zombie!, The Windmill Massacre, A Lonely Place to Die, er any of the Sharknado films...

Like this? Share it using the links below!