Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Second Sight Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9849-second-sight-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd April 2022 05:44 PM

Dog Soldiers up for pre-order.

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...atest-releases

MrBarlow 22nd April 2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 669723)

Oh Yeah :pop2: only problem is....what version to buy though :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2022 01:32 PM

No sale for me.
No reversible art,digipak.

I’ll keep my German 4k set and I’ve ordered the Scream Factory disc.

ALWAYS the artwork that lets Second Sight’s superb sets down. :tsk:

Susan Foreman 1st June 2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 668866)
"THE VVITCH: LIMITED EDITION will now be delayed until June 20th. We're very sorry to report this, however we have decided to work on a new HDR grade with the involvement of Robert Eggers. We believe the end result will be worth the extra time and work involved and hope fans of the film will agree. Apologies again and if anyone wants to cancel their order please email us at info@secondsightfilms.co.uk."

"Unfortunately we need to delay our release of THE VVITCH a little longer until July 25th. We’re very sorry about this further delay but are pleased to say that we've been working on a new HDR grade with Robert Eggers over the past few weeks and he has now fully approved this for our 4K UHD release. We do however want to give David Mackenzie all the time he needs to work his encoding magic plus final QCs. Apologies again but was important to release with an HDR grade approved by Robert Eggers, thanks for bearing with us."

Susan Foreman 20th June 2022 02:53 PM

'Dog Soldiers' update (again!)

"Unfortunately we have to delay the DOG SOLDIERS release until August 22nd. For the past 2 months we have been in an unexpectedly lengthy approval process for all the content we created for the release, which includes disc content as well as the book. We have had to remove the archive Neil Marshall and cast commentary which has been replaced with a producer commentary. We have finally been able to have all other content approved. Sorry for the delay but we are pleased we are still able to give this a limited edition box set release along with the standard releases."

Susan Foreman 20th June 2022 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'The Mummy' (1959) - Limited Edition Blu-Ray Pre-Order available from Second Sight Films direct - £24:99

Release date: August 29

"In 1895 a team of British archaeologists discover the untouched tomb of Princess Ananka but accidentally bring the mummified body of her high priest back to life. Three years later back in England a follower of the same Egyptian religion unleashes 'The Mummy' to exact grisly revenge on the despoilers of the sacred past"

Special features:
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Kat Ellinger, Lindsay Hallam and Kevin Lyons plus production stills
  • 5 collectors' art cards
Special Features
  • Main feature presented in original UK theatrical aspect ratio 1.66:1 and alternative full frame1.37:1
  • New audio commentary by film academic Kelly Robinson
  • Archive audio commentary by Marcus Hearn and Jonathan Rigby
  • An Appreciation of The Mummy by David Huckvale
  • The Music of The Mummy
  • Unwrapping The Mummy
  • The House of Horror: Memories of Bray
  • The Hammer Rep Company
  • Original Promo Reel
  • Still Gallery
Certificate: 15
Region B

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...&d=1655744343]

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 05:25 PM

As much as this does look lovely i won't be splashing out £25 for four art cards, a booklet and a new doc by David Huckvale.

The rest of it is identical to the Icon release.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672099)
As much as this does look lovely i won't be splashing out £25 for four art cards, a booklet and a new doc by David Huckvale.

Having said that. Cex are giving £28 store credit for the Icon version so i probably will get rid of it and get the new release.

Dave Boy 20th June 2022 05:44 PM

I was only thinking today about the Dog Soldiers release. I thought I may have missed it!

I think I'll stick with the Icon Mummy release.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also from Second Sight

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...7&d=1655748269

Rob4 20th June 2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672099)

Really disappointing set of extras as you say.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you think about what Indicator would have done with a release like this!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 08:26 PM

Honestly, does Second Sight really think Hammer collectors will give up the Icon releases when they sport classic original Hammer poster artwork?

I think not... :crazy:

I'll buy these IF they have reversible art,but I think we all know the answer to that!

Susan Foreman 20th June 2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672102)

Full details:
'Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell' (1974) - Limited Edition Blu-Ray Pre-Order available from Second Sight Films direct - £24:99

Release date: August 29

"The finale to Hammer's Frankenstein cycle features a young Doctor who is interned in the asylum where Baron Frankenstein supposedly perished after being found experimenting on stolen corpses. In the asylum he meets the mysterious Doctor Victor and gradually comes to realise that Frankenstein is alive and well and continuing his work."

Special features:
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Kevin Lyons, Kelly Robinson and Emma Westwood plus production stills
  • 5 collectors' art cards
Special Features
  • Main feature presented in original UK Theatrical aspect ratio 1.66:1 and alternative full frame1.37:1
  • New audio commentary by film academic Kat Ellinger
  • Archive audio commentary by Shane Briant, Madeline Smith and Marcus Hearn
  • An Appreciation of Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell by David Huckvale
  • The Music of Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell
  • Taking Over the Asylum
  • Charming Evil: Terence Fisher at Hammer
  • Stills Gallery
Certificate: 15
Region B

Susan Foreman 20th June 2022 09:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'Monster' (2003) - Limited Edition Blu-Ray Pre-Order available from Second Sight Films direct - £24:99

Release date: August 15

"A down-on-her-luck sex worker unexpectedly finds love and is determined to get her life back on track. However, she soon finds out that going straight is never simple and is embroiled in a spiral of violent crime as she escalates from petty theft to serial murder."

Special features:
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Daniel Benneworth-Gray
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Anton Bitel, Hannah Strong & Shelagh Rowan-Legg
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Special Features
  • Audio Commentary with Writer / Director Patty Jenkins, Actor / Producer Charlize Theron and Producer Clark Peterson
  • Making a Murderer: a new interview with Director Patty Jenkins
  • Producing a Monster: a new interview with Producer Brad Wyman
  • Light From Within: a new interview with DoP Steven Bernstein
  • Monster: The Vision and Journey
  • Based on a True Story: The Making of Monster
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes with Director Commentary
  • Monster: Evolution of the Score
  • Original Trailer
  • English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Certificate: 18
Region B

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 672109)
Honestly, does Second Sight really think Hammer collectors will give up the Icon releases when they sport classic original Hammer poster artwork?

I think not... :crazy:

I know. I still have my region one dvd because of it's gorgeous cover art...

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...5&d=1655762057

J Harker 20th June 2022 10:26 PM

Perfectly happy with the Icon releases of both of these. No intention of replacing them.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 672125)
Perfectly happy with the Icon releases of both of these. No intention of replacing them.

We'd have been on cloud 9 if they'd announced X-The Unknown or The Abominable Snowman. But no, they had to come up with identikit releases to the Icon ones but with worse artwork.

SymbioticFunction 21st June 2022 01:58 PM

I'm actually pleased that The Mummy is being reissued. I don't own a copy and the Icon blu ray went OOP and sells for silly money nowadays. I will however, be waiting for a cheaper standard edition. I just want the disc not a slipbox, booklet and art cards.

Dave Boy 21st June 2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 672125)

Same here.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st June 2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672127)
We'd have been on cloud 9 if they'd announced X-The Unknown or The Abominable Snowman. But no, they had to come up with identikit releases to the Icon ones but with worse artwork.

And I already own the Scream Factory discs.....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 672140)
I'm actually pleased that The Mummy is being reissued. I don't own a copy and the Icon blu ray went OOP and sells for silly money nowadays. I will however, be waiting for a cheaper standard edition. I just want the disc not a slipbox, booklet and art cards.

Ditto, on all counts. The only copy of The Mummy I have is the R1 Warner Home Video release which Demdike mentioned a few posts back.

SymbioticFunction 22nd June 2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 672164)
The only copy of The Mummy I have is the R1 Warner Home Video release which Demdike mentioned a few posts back.

The only copy I have is an Amazon Prime hd streaming version that I picked up for a fiver (once I saw the cost of the Icon blu-ray on the second hand market). It'll be great to have access to an affordable and physical high definition copy.

Susan Foreman 8th July 2022 11:02 PM

***MARTIN UPDATE***

“”For several months this has been on hold while we tried to negotiate rights to include the longer cut. Sadly despite our efforts this has been unsuccessful. We're now going ahead and releasing before end of year, date TBC. Thanks for everyone’s patience”

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th July 2022 06:43 PM

Jesus,this was announced first at the same time as Dawn of the Dead was it not?

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 03:52 PM

I'm dreading to think what new (and unimproved) artwork they're going to give us for The Hitcher.

MrBarlow 24th July 2022 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 673778)
I'm dreading to think what new (and unimproved) artwork they're going to give us for The Hitcher.

I could live with it, if they used this poster

Attachment 241304

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 673778)

Probably along the lines of......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 07:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 673783)

Attachment 241304

The French poster is quite cool.

I used to have the mediabook with that on it.

I'll be hanging on to my Japanese bd for the meantime....UNLESS OF COURSE....

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 673783)

Attachment 241304

I doubt they'll give us any original artwork. I'd love them to use this one, but I doubt they will. I blame the people who blow smoke up the asses of these companies when they commission new art [emoji23]

Susan Foreman 15th September 2022 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"THE HITCHER update! Very excited to have our initial grading session with director Robert Harmon next week. We will spend several months on the 4K restoration which is scheduled for completion by end of February. A big thanks to Robert for all the support he's giving us with the release!"

MacBlayne 15th September 2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 675901)
"THE HITCHER update! Very excited to have our initial grading session with director Robert Harmon next week. We will spend several months on the 4K restoration which is scheduled for completion by end of February. A big thanks to Robert for all the support he's giving us with the release!"

I'm so excited for this release.

Susan Foreman 16th September 2022 01:27 PM

"'MARTIN' update!

In final authoring stages, pre-Christmas release date will be announced soon!"

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2022 01:06 PM

If only they'd......

Mojo 19th September 2022 12:00 PM

Looks like MARTIN should be on its way soon ..
https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/marti...jpwwc0yodk3mzm

Susan Foreman 21st October 2022 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'Boiling Point' (2021) - Limited Edition Blu-Ray Pre-Order available from Second Sight Films direct - £24:99

Release date: November 21

"On the busiest night of the year at one of the hottest restaurants in London, a charismatic and commanding head chef balances on a knife's edge as multiple personal and professional crises threaten to destroy everything he's worked for."

Special features:
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Andrew Bannister
  • 70 page soft cover book with new essays by Howard Gorman, Clarisse Loughrey, Christina Newland & Matthew Thrift
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Special Features
  • New audio commentary with producers Hester Ruoff, Bart Ruspoli and writer James Cummings
  • New audio commentary with actors Jason Flemyng and Ray Panthaki
  • Boiling Over: A new interview with producer Hester Ruoff
  • Pot Boiler: A new interview with producer Bart Ruspoli
  • Simmering Steady: A new interview with writer James Cummings
  • The Making of Boiling Point

will graham 21st October 2022 08:22 PM

Speaking as a kitchen porter in a understaffed busy but normal restaurant, theres much about boiling point I can relate to.
Recommend!

Susan Foreman 25th November 2022 03:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
"THE HITCHER restoration still on schedule for completion by March, looking at an early summer release."

peter alex 25th November 2022 04:06 PM

people on blu-ray.com says martin is getting released in February 27th and pre-orders coming next week

Susan Foreman 1st December 2022 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Martin - 4K UHD from Second Sight Films. A new Second Sight 4K restoration supervised and approved by Director of Photography Michael Gornick

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with original classic artwork
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Miranda Corcoran, Travis Crawford, Heather Drain, Kat Ellinger, Andrew Graves, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Elena Lazic, , Stephen Thrower, Jon Towlson, Simon Ward and Tony Williams
  • Original Soundtrack CD by Donald Rubinstein
  • 5 collectors' character art cards illustrated by Adam

Special Features:
  • UHD presented in HDR10+
  • Audio commentary by George A Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini
  • Audio commentary by George A Romero, Richard P Rubinstein, Tom Savini, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein
  • A new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
  • A new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
  • Taste the Blood of Martin: A new feature length documentary including location tour
  • Scoring the Shadows: A new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein
  • 'J Roy - New And Used Furniture': a short film by Tony Buba
  • Making Martin: A Recounting
  • Trailer, TV and radio spots

Susan Foreman 2nd December 2022 04:50 PM

"MARTIN update!!! Apologies everyone, in our eagerness we didn't point out that as with Dawn of the Dead, we are only shipping this release within the UK. Any non-UK orders will now be refunded. We have to amend on the store and will be back up shortly for UK sales. Sorry!"