Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Second Sight Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9849-second-sight-films-thread.html)

Justin101 25th September 2023 03:29 PM

Oh I might buy The Guest 4k it’s usually £26 so even with postage it’s cheaper

J Harker 25th September 2023 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 691057)
Then they add on £3.29 shipping to one item and it's not such a decent sale after all.

Decent sales by and large seem to be a thing of the past. Network knew how to do them, sadly gone. Indicator are the only company who's sales actually excite me these days.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th September 2023 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 691074)
Decent sales by and large seem to be a thing of the past. Network knew how to do them, sadly gone. Indicator are the only company who's sales actually excite me these days.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

If there were several things i wanted it would be worthwhile but A - There aren't and B - There's too much on the horizon to pick up just anything.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th September 2023 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 691060)
Oh I might buy The Guest 4k it’s usually £26 so even with postage it’s cheaper

I'm also interested in buying The Guest (4K) as well as Lake Mungo, Walkabout, and Drive (4K), making the £3.29 postage quite reasonable for those four things.

Susan Foreman 29th September 2023 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 682027)
Coming soon from Second Sight Films:

High Tension (2003)

MORE INFO TBA!

4KUHD / Blu-Ray combo pre-order available from Second Sight films - direct - £39:99

Release date: November 27

"A weekend away becomes a living nightmare for two best friends when a deranged killer breaks into the home, slaughters family members, and takes one of the friends hostage. A white-knuckle pursuit to find their friend before they become his next victim ensues."

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by James Neal
  • 70-page book with new essays by ​​Anna Bogutskaya, Prince Jackson, Stacie Ponder and Zoë Rose Smith
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Special features:
  • Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
  • UHD presented in HDR10+ created by Second Sight Films and approved by Director Alexandre Aja
  • New audio commentary by Dr Lindsay Hallam
  • An Experiment in Suspense: a new interview with Alexandre Aja
  • The Man in the Shadows: a new interview with Writer Grégory Levasseur
  • The Darker the Better: an interview with Cinematographer Maxime Alexandre
  • The Great French Massacre: an interview with Special Effects Artist Giannetto De Rossi
  • Only the Brave: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on High Tension
  • Archive 'Making of' featurette
  • Archive Interview with Cécile De France
  • Archive Interview with Maïwenn
  • Archive Interview with Philippe Nahon

marvinnashsear 29th September 2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 691282)
4KUHD / Blu-Ray combo pre-order available from Second Sight films - direct - £39:99

Release date: November 27

"A weekend away becomes a living nightmare for two best friends when a deranged killer breaks into the home, slaughters family members, and takes one of the friends hostage. A white-knuckle pursuit to find their friend before they become his next victim ensues."

Limited Edition Contents
  • 70-page book with new essays by ​​Anna Bogutskaya, Prince Jackson, Stacie Ponder and Zoë Rose Smith

Special features:
  • Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
  • UHD presented in HDR10+ created by Second Sight Films and approved by Director Alexandre Aja
  • The Great French Massacre: an interview with Special Effects Artist Giannetto De Rossi

Does anybody really want to pay an extra 15 quid for the paper extras anymore?

Susan Foreman 29th September 2023 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 691283)

Personally, I don't want to pay an extra £25:00 for a 4KUHD film I cannot watch!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th September 2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 691283)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 691285)
Personally, I don't want to pay an extra £25:00 for a 4KUHD film I cannot watch!

the standard editions of the Blu-ray and 4K are available.

marvinnashsear 29th September 2023 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 691285)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 691286)
the standard editions of the Blu-ray and 4K are available.

Yeah Susan, can't play them myself. But if you could would you pay the price of an extra film or two for the booklet?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 691085)
I'm also interested in buying The Guest (4K) as well as Lake Mungo, Walkabout, and Drive (4K), making the £3.29 postage quite reasonable for those four things.

I decided to put off ordering until the next day and, in doing so, proved the saying "you snooze, you lose", because several of them are now sold out! :doh:

Susan Foreman 29th September 2023 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 691287)
But if you could would you pay the price of an extra film or two for the booklet?

Probably not for a booklet, although they are nice

When it comes to additional films, it all depends on what they are. For example, I did get the limited Arrow sets of 'Resolution' / 'The Endless' and 'Offspring' / 'The Woman' rather than waiting for the standard release that only contained the single films. However, I went for the steelbox version of the 'Gamera: Heisei Era' set with three films instead of going for the more expensive four disc set

Similarly, I only tend the get the deluxe Alice Cooper CD releases which contain the live DVD's instead of the standard CD only releases

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2023 11:55 AM

Pumpkinhead aka Vengeance the Demon has been submitted and passed uncut by the BBFC.

That's next Halloween sorted. Glad i held off from rewatching the dvd this year. I love Pumpkinhead.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2023 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 692202)
Pumpkinhead aka Vengeance the Demon has been submitted and passed uncut by the BBFC.

That's next Halloween sorted. Glad i held off from rewatching the dvd this year. I love Pumpkinhead.

It's been a couple of years since I saw Pumpkinhead, a film I have seen and enjoyed a few times. As it is one I have upgraded to Blu-ray by buying the Shout! Factory release, this is good news for those who don't have it or find the cost of importing prohibitive.

will graham 25th October 2023 06:14 PM

The shout factory's picture quality for pumpkinhead was vastly superior to previous releases, so if u haven't got that one and this is the same print then it's definitely worth getting.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th October 2023 08:01 PM

Just got Shout's 4K release of Pumpkinhead. Wonder if Second Sight are doing a 4K release, or even if it's blu-ray, will it have some unique extras that can tempt me to buy it again.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2023 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 692221)
Just got Shout's 4K release of Pumpkinhead. Wonder if Second Sight are doing a 4K release, or even if it's blu-ray, will it have some unique extras that can tempt me to buy it again.

Ditto – a 4K release will be very difficult to pass on.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th October 2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashforcash (Post 690872)
Hey all, do we know what's happening with Crimes of the Future? The usual YouTube influences all seem to have theirs, but my Amazon pre order seems to be delayed. Hope its nothing to do with the sub £20 price I paid...

My Amazon order of the Crimes of the Future 4K Ultra HD Limited Edition release has been shipped and should arrive today.

It is still available for £25.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0C8VG44S2

Susan Foreman 3rd November 2023 08:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
'Mean Streets' (1973) - 4KUHD / Blu-Ray combo pre-order available from Second Sight films direct - £49:99. Also available as a standalone 4KUHD release - £24:99 and a standalone Blu-Ray release - £17:99

Release date: January 15

"A low-level mafioso battles with his guilty conscience as he tries to save his misfit friend from the same world of crime that he was born into."

4KUHD / Blu-Ray combo Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with original artwork
  • 178-page book with new essays by Mark Asch, Daniel Bird, Charles Bramesco, Lillian Crawford, Elena Lazic, Manuela Lazic, Christina Newland​​ and Extract from Scorsese on Scorsese
  • 8 collectors' art cards

Special Features
  • New 4K restoration supervised and approved by Director Martin Scorsese and Collaborator Thelma Schoonmaker
  • Restored original mono audio
  • New audio commentary by Demetrios Matheou (author of BFI Films Classics Mean Street) and David Thompson (Co-Editor of Scorsese on Scorsese)
  • Scene specific audio commentary with Martin Scorsese and Actor Amy Robinson
  • Keep Moving Forward: a new interview with Producer Jonathan T Taplin
  • Saints and Sinners: Dr Catherine Wheatley on Mean Streets
  • 2011 Film at Lincoln Center screening introduction, interview and Q&A with Martin Scorsese
  • Mardik: Baghdad to Hollywood feature-length documentary
  • Archive featurette: Back on the Block
  • Archive featurette: Home Movies
  • Trailer

Susan Foreman 24th November 2023 04:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'Inside' (2023) - Pre-Order Available from Second Sight Films direct for Blu-Ray - £17:99 or Limited Edition Blu-ray - £29:99

Release date: February 5

"Following the death of her husband, an expectant mother is tormented in her home on Christmas Eve by a strange woman who wants her unborn baby."

Blu-Ray Special Features
  • New audio commentary by Anna Bogutskaya
  • New audio commentary by Elena Lazic
  • First Born: a new interview with Co-Writer/Directors Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury
  • Labour Pains: a new interview with Actor Alysson Paradis
  • A New Extreme: a new interview with Producer Franck Ribière
  • Womb Raider: a new interview with Cinematographer Laurent Barès
  • Reel Action: a new interview with Stunt Coordinator Emmanuel Lanzi
  • The Birth of a Mother: Jenn Adams on Inside

Limited Edition Blu-Ray also includes:
  • 70-page book with new essays by ​​Chad Collins, Kat Ellinger, Annie Rose Malamet and Hannah Strong

Susan Foreman 22nd December 2023 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 691282)
High Tension (2003)

Limited Edition Contents

Special features:

"HIGH TENSION update!

Unfortunately due to a manufacturing error we have to delay our release. As re-manufacturing will take some time the release date will now be January 22nd. We’re really sorry for this delay."

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2023 07:09 PM

I'm still dreading what horrendous new artwork they give us when they eventually release The Hitcher 🫣[emoji23]

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd December 2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 693845)
I'm still dreading what horrendous new artwork they give us when they eventually release The Hitcher 🫣[emoji23]

Their top artwork designers are working round the clock.

Susan Foreman 12th January 2024 02:31 PM

"THE HITCHER update!

Restoration is 99% complete, just doing some final checks. Release date still TBC as a 3rd party also needs to QC and also need to coordinate release date with them. Hoping for more detailed update next month, until then thanks for continuing to bear with us."

Nordicdusk 12th January 2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 694405)
"THE HITCHER update!

Restoration is 99% complete, just doing some final checks. Release date still TBC as a 3rd party also needs to QC and also need to coordinate release date with them. Hoping for more detailed update next month, until then thanks for continuing to bear with us."

Taking their time I like it.

Susan Foreman 12th January 2024 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Possessor' (2020) - Limited Edition 4K UHD / Blu-ray combo Pre-Order Available from Second Sight Films direct - £39:99

Release date: March 18

"An elite corporate assassin takes control of other people's bodies using brain-implant technology to execute high-profile targets. With each hit comes a stronger lust for blood, throwing the whole operation into jeopardy."

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Marko Manev
  • 120-page book featuring extensive behind the scenes gallery, script-to-screen comparisons, new essays by Stacey Abbott, Anton Bitel, Jon Towlson and Heather Wixson

Special Features
  • UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR approved by Director Brandon Cronenberg and Director of Photography Karim Hussain
  • New audio commentary by Brandon Cronenberg, Producer Rob Cotterill, Karim Hussain and Special Effects Artist Dan Martin
  • This Unfamiliar Life: a new interview with Brandon Cronenberg
  • Inside the Machine: a new interview with Karim Hussain
  • Feel the Real: a new interview with Rob Cotterill
  • Disassociating from Mind and Body: Zoë Rose Smith on Possessor
  • Camera Test Footage
  • FX Show and Tell with Dan Martin
  • Archive featurette: A Heightened World - A Look at Possessor
  • Archive featurette: Identity Crisis - Bringing Possessor to Life
  • Archive featurette: The Joy of Practical - The Effects of Possessor
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Short Film: Please Speak Continuously and Describe Your Experiences as They Come to You
  • Trailer

Also available as a stand alone 4K release - £24:99 and a stand alone Blu-Ray - £17:99

Susan Foreman 12th January 2024 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Green Room' (2015) - Limited Edition 4K UHD / Blu-ray combo Pre-Order Available from Second Sight Films direct - £39:99

"A struggling punk rock band is forced to fight for survival after witnessing a brutal murder at a neo-Nazi bar. Trapped in the green room, the group must use everything at their disposal if they wish to make it through the night"

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
  • 120-page book with new essays by Eugenio Ercolani and Gian Giacomo Petrone, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Josh Hurtado, Jolene Richardson, Shelagh Rowan-Legg and Thomas Watson

Special Features
  • UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • New audio commentary by Reyna Cervantes and Prince Jackson
  • Audio commentary by Writer/Director Jeremy Saulnier
  • Going Hardcore: a new interview with Jeremy Saulnier
  • Punk Rock: a new interview with Actor Callum Turner
  • Rocking Out: a new interview with Composers Brooke & Will Blair
  • Going Green: a new interview with Production Designer Ryan Warren Smith
  • Nazi Punks F*ck Off: Thomas Caldwell on Green Room
  • Archive featurette: Into the Pit - Making Green Room

Also available as a stand alone 4K release - £24:99 and a stand alone Blu-Ray - £17:99

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th February 2024 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
April 8th release.

The Borderlands: Limited Edition

A small team of Vatican investigators arrive at a remote church in hopes of demystifying the buildings unusual goings on, but what they discover is more disturbing than they could ever imagine.

Special Features

New audio commentary by Actors Robin Hill and Gordon Kennedy, Producer Jennifer Handorf and Special Effects Artist Dan Martin

Dressed the Part: a new interview with Robin Hill and Gordon Kennedy

Losing Faith: a new interview with Jennifer Handorf

Monster Goo: a new interview with Dan Martin

Archive featurette: Behind the Scenes

Limited Edition Contents

Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy

70-page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Martyn Conterio, Shellie McMurdo and Johnny Walker

6 collectors' art cards

Certificate: 15

Region: Region Free

Language: English

Subtitles: English for the Hearing Impaired

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th February 2024 03:24 PM

I think The Borderlands is an excellent film, but c'mon thirty quid for a found footage film shot on a cam corder. Really? :rolleyes:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th February 2024 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 694407)
'Possessor' (2020) - Limited Edition 4K UHD / Blu-ray combo Pre-Order Available from Second Sight Films direct - £39:99

"An elite corporate assassin takes control of other people's bodies using brain-implant technology to execute high-profile targets. With each hit comes a stronger lust for blood, throwing the whole operation into jeopardy."

This sounds like my kind of film, though not one I have heard of before. Has anyone seen it and, if so, is it worth a blind buy?

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th February 2024 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 695714)
This sounds like my kind of film, though not one I have heard of before. Has anyone seen it and, if so, is it worth a blind buy?

I thought it was shite to be honest.

Strong sex and violence but other than that, well let's say you can tell it's made by the wrong Cronenberg. :lol:

MrBarlow 9th February 2024 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695715)

Strong sex and violence but other than that, well let's say you can tell it's made by the wrong Cronenberg. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 695714)

I agree, I saw the trailer for it and seemed interesting and it went down hill after the first 20-30 mins and never recovered.

Rob4 9th February 2024 05:14 PM

Quote:

Sold :lol:

well, not really, but I couldn't resist the obvious response :behindsofa:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th February 2024 05:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 695716)
I agree, I saw the trailer for it and seemed interesting and it went down hill after the first 20-30 mins and never recovered.

Thanks both – you've saved me >20 quid! :lol:

MrBarlow 9th February 2024 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 695719)
Thanks both – you've saved me >20 quid! :lol:

Spend the £20 on something decent Nos

Mojo 9th February 2024 07:11 PM

Agree with the above posters. I took a chance with POSSESSOR and about 20 mins in, wished I hadn’t bothered.

Susan Foreman 8th March 2024 02:36 PM

"THE HITCHER update!!

We have now completed restoration! We do however have to liaise with a 3rd party on release date so we can't confirm at the moment but hope to soon. We've had enquiries regarding other releases of this title and whether using the same material as us

We do not have specific details for other releases but we can confirm our 4K restoration has used a scan of the original camera negative as the source and was supervised by director Robert Harmon. No other release currently advertised is using our material."

Susan Foreman 25th March 2024 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695707)
April 8th release.

The Borderlands: Limited Edition

A small team of Vatican investigators arrive at a remote church in hopes of demystifying the buildings unusual goings on, but what they discover is more disturbing than they could ever imagine.

Special Features

New audio commentary by Actors Robin Hill and Gordon Kennedy, Producer Jennifer Handorf and Special Effects Artist Dan Martin

Dressed the Part: a new interview with Robin Hill and Gordon Kennedy

Losing Faith: a new interview with Jennifer Handorf

Monster Goo: a new interview with Dan Martin

Archive featurette: Behind the Scenes

Limited Edition Contents

Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy

70-page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Martyn Conterio, Shellie McMurdo and Johnny Walker

6 collectors' art cards

Certificate: 15

Region: Region Free

Language: English

Subtitles: English for the Hearing Impaired

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

"Unfortunately there has been a delay with the print delivery for this release and we need to put this back one week to April 15th.

Many apologies for this!"

Susan Foreman 19th April 2024 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'The Sacrament' (2013) - Pre-Order available from Second Sight films direct for Limited Edition Blu-Ray - UK$29:99 and Standard Blu-Ray - UK$17.99

Release date: June 17

"A small documentary film crew accompanies a man as he travels to Eden Parish in search of his missing sister. It soon becomes apparent that this paradise is not what it seems."

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
  • 70-page book with new essays by Anton Bitel, Kat Hughes, Rich Johnson and Beth Kelly

Special Features
  • Indie Guys at Heart: A new interview with Actor AJ Bowen
  • The Best Pathway: A new interview with Actor Joe Swanberg
  • An Ecstatic State: A new interview with Actor Amy Seimetz
  • The Itch to Act: A new interview with Actor Gene Jones
  • A Wild Ride: A new interview with Producer Peter Phok
  • Truthiness: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on The Sacrament
  • We?re Not Sinners Here: The Making of The Sacrament

Limited Edition

Standard Edition

Susan Foreman 19th April 2024 03:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum' (2018) - Pre-Order available from Second Sight films direct for Limited Edition Blu-Ray - UK$29:99 and Standard Blu-Ray - UK$17.99

"The crew of a horror web series travels to a legendary abandoned asylum for a live broadcast. Things take an unexpected turn when they begin to experience more than they imagined."

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Luke Headland
  • 70-page book with new essays by Sarah Appleton James Marsh, Meagan Navarro and Amber T

Special Features
  • New audio commentary by Mary Beth McAndrews and Terry Mesnard
  • Fear the Unknown: Zo? Rose Smith on Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum
  • The Beginning of the Rumours
  • The New Faces
  • The Sanctum of Horror
  • The Truth of the Ghostlore
  • The Live Recording
  • The Press Conference
  • Trailers

Limited Edition

Standard Edition

Susan Foreman 19th April 2024 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Heimat' - Blu-Ray Pre-Order available from Second Sight films direct - UK$44.99

"Five years in the making, Heimat is one of the most compelling and highly praised dramas in television history. This epic tale of a family and their rural life in a small German village is told against the changing backdrop of a country?s turbulent history from 1919 to 1982. From the aftermath of the First World War, economic hardship, the rise and fall of Nazism, the Second World War and the decades that followed, life in the village goes on and the values and aspirations of the people at its? heart are wonderfully brought to life in this gripping saga of an ordinary family living through extraordinary times."

Special Features
  • Restored from the original negative by The Edgar Reitz Film Foundation
  • Heimat ? The Hunsruek Villages: Stories From The Film Locations Edgar Reitz?s 2-hour documentary ?prologue? to Heimat
  • An interview with Edgar Reitz on the making of Heimat
  • An interview with Christian Reitz on the restoration of Heimat
  • An interview with Marita Breuer on acting in Heimat
  • An introduction by Jan Harlan on the significance of Heimat for Stanley Kubrick
  • A Visual Essay by Daniel Bird