Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Second Sight Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9849-second-sight-films-thread.html)

Nostalgic 4th June 2019 10:03 PM

Thank you! Will be on there when Dawn of the Dead comes out!

Rik 6th June 2019 01:24 PM

The prices have dropped for the 2 Amicus titles on Amazon, so I’ve caved and preordered from them, despite saying I’d never preorder from there again :rolleyes:

The House That Dripped Blood

Asylum

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th June 2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 604839)
The prices have dropped for the 2 Amicus titles on Amazon, so I’ve caved and preordered from them, despite saying I’d never preorder from there again :rolleyes:

The House That Dripped Blood

Asylum

That's the thing though. We have to exploit them too, can't have it all one way. Any bargains should be snapped up.

Rik 6th June 2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604840)
That's the thing though. We have to exploit them too, can't have it all one way. Any bargains should be snapped up.

Yeah, they’re a couple of quid cheaper each than direct from Second Sight and they don’t (always) take the money straight away for preorders. I wish HMV would hurry up and come back online! :pray:

Susan Foreman 12th June 2019 06:26 PM

Coming on August 26th, 2019 - a brand new Blu-ray release of 'Flight of the Navigator', taken from a new 4K restoration

Pre-order from Amazon UK - £24.05

"It's 1978 and 12-year-old David Freeman (Cramer) is mysteriously knocked unconscious while out playing. He wakes up and heads for home only to find strangers living there. It's now 1986 and he's been missing for eight years.

He discovers a top-secret spaceship and with the help of MAX the computer sets off on an incredible mission to get back to the past where he belongs."

Features:
  • Brand New Second Sight 4K Scan and Restoration supervised by Director Randal Kleiser
  • Directing the Navigator - New Interview With Randal Kleiser
  • Playing The Navigator - New interview with Joey Cramer
  • Mother of The Navigator - New interview with Veronica Cartwright
  • Brother of The Navigator - New interview with Matt Adler
  • Art of the Navigator - New interviews with Jeff Kleiser, Randal Kleiser and Edward Eyth
  • Audio Commentary with Randal Kleiser and Producer Jonathan Sanger
  • Reversible sleeve with new and original artwork

In addition, there's a limited edition release that will also include:
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Rich Davies
  • 100 page soft cover book with Randal Kleiser’s complete original storyboard, new essay by Kevin Lyons, original production notes, behind the scenes photos
  • Reversible poster with new and original artwork

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th July 2019 07:37 PM

Both HTDB and ASYLUM shipped direct from Second Sight!:woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th July 2019 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 607623)
Both HTDB and ASYLUM shipped direct from Second Sight!:woot:

Same here. :pop2:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th July 2019 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:woot: :clap:

Rik 21st August 2019 11:56 AM

“DAWN OF THE DEAD UPDATE! Following the 4K scan of the camera negative, grading and framing approved by DP Michael Gornick, we now have about 4 weeks left of manual frame by frame restoration at Final Frame followed by the HDR grade for the UHD. We are releasing the 3 cuts on 3 separate discs (both Blu-Ray and UHD) plus bonus disc so the authoring stage will then take several weeks for the best possible encodes by David Mackenzie. We are currently hoping for a release date in February and will update again in the next month. Aside from the 3 versions of the film itself, plus archive and new bonus material, we are also working on other exciting additional content for the box set. We have been very fortunate to have Michael Gornick involved and it was great to hear his comment on work to date: ‘I place upon this extraordinary effort a nihil obstat in certification of its quality’. More soon…”

February is fine with me, it’s not like I don’t own enough editions of my favourite horror film :lol:

Nostalgic 25th August 2019 01:10 PM

Saving begins now.......:dance: