Old 28th May 2020, 04:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah me too. Go for it!
Old 28th May 2020, 05:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not that it'll bother most people, but just noticed no separate cases for the 3 films (so no poster art/reversible covers). 2 digipaks.
Old 28th May 2020, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict

No way in a million years I'd pay that for Dawn. While i like it, it's the weakest of the original trilogy and the Arrow blu in the white sleeve is still good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 28th May 2020, 10:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
No way in a million years I'd pay that for Dawn. While i like it, it's the weakest of the original trilogy and the Arrow blu in the white sleeve is still good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That's exactly how i feel. On all counts.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 29th May 2020, 07:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not that it'll bother most people, but just noticed no separate cases for the 3 films (so no poster art/reversible covers). 2 digipaks.
Hopefully some poster art on the outer digis......if not,I still own these....and I’ll flog that set for what it cost me...��
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F42ED1F3-3825-4E04-B7DB-A5D4401EF75F.jpeg (63.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg AEB8C52B-FF45-4017-B7BC-83DFDF208F51.jpeg (67.5 KB, 9 views)
MrBarlow likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th May 2020, 07:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I’ll be hanging on to those,because when the standard editions do arrive....well second sight haven’t exactly been consistent with reverse original artwork recently........😔
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th May 2020, 02:38 AM
Cult Addict

This is probably heresy but i have a weird relationship with dawn, i first watched it on VHS at my brothers on original release and it was the best thing ever.

Then i saw it on cut versions on tape, then a showing on TV that was probably moviedrome, that restored a lot of stuff, and was probably the extended Romero cut then a dutch release that had the argento cut.

I actually made my own cut on VHS when i had a dupe set up, mixing the best scenes from all available footage, suited to my preference for how each scene played out, mixing both Romero and Argento scores and alternate scenes to make my personal ultimate cut. I've still got it on a dvd somewhere.
For instance personally i prefer the punchy Goblin soundtrack during the early tenement scenes.

Then afterwards i realised that night and day are superior and tight scripts that ramp up the tension and are more in your face **** you films. So i came to the conclusion that dawn is my least favourite of the original trilogy.
Now i can't choose a favourite, but it's between Night and Day.

Don't get me wrong i still think it's a cool film that has many fantastic scenes, but tonally it's all over the place, one minute it's philosophical and chilling, the next there's bikers throwing pies in faces and that 70's cheesy supermarket music, but the real killer for me is the bad make up.

I can forgive a bad film with bad make up, but there's something about a good film with bad make up that takes me out of the film, the gore is good and groundbreaking for the time but the zombie make up is so off it kills it for me now.

I have developed a weird tendency to turn the colour right down and watch Dawn in black and white, it kinda kills the gore but ramps up the tension.

As you can tell i've probably watched it so many times that i've killed the film for myself, so ignore me and carry on regardless.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 30th May 2020 at 03:25 AM.
Old 30th May 2020, 02:46 AM
Cult Addict

To seal the deal that i've just gone wrong somewhere, this is the cover i use on my Arrow set.

P1030661.jpg

I goes to show that i'm pretty much the only person using this cover as that was the only image i could find on google.

I'll get me gas mask.

Old 30th May 2020, 03:05 AM
Cult Addict

Zombie nostalgia going on here.

The cover i remember on the Vhs i originally watched was this -

267569a276f8c882411474a728e760b6.jpg

So to me that is the cover i most associate with the film, i just looked at my Arrow blu and it has this as a poster but not a cover option WTF.

It looks as though the cover of the new release is based upon the original cinema poster, whereas my preferred image seems to be trying to tie it in with Zombie Flesh Eaters if you look at the image.

Whatever...i drank too much earlier, nobody cares except me and i really need to go to sleep. So that is that.

I'm off to go hunt down a bag of cashew nuts i saw lurking at the back of my cupboard earlier .

And oh shit you've twisted my arm, i'm gonna put on Dawn,at least until the real dawn hits and i pass out.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 30th May 2020 at 03:23 AM.
Old 30th May 2020, 04:01 AM
Cult Addict

I'm sat watching Dawn and i'm just thinking in the scene where the military and rednecks are taking potshots at the zombies, when the car explodes the music seems very similar to parts of "Night".
I'm not sure wether i'm overthinking it or it is purposefully harking back to the end of "night" as it's the clean up gangs that kill the hero in that film.
just an observation.

Like this? Share it using the links below!