Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Second Sight Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9849-second-sight-films-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd October 2020 05:21 PM

Hopefully won't get fired back again.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd October 2020 12:22 PM

I received this email from Second Sight:

Quote:

Unfortunately we have had to move our release date of DAWN OF THE DEAD from October 26th to November 16th. This is due to stricter Covid restrictions being imposed at our printers and packing plants which has delayed the turnaround times. We're sincerely sorry for this delay.

Regards
Second Sight Films
I'm a bit gutted it won't be my Halloween viewing, but I'm glad they're not jeopardising people's health.

Rik 23rd October 2020 12:29 PM

I got that too, don’t understand why seeing as they said it was being put back weeks ago :confused:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd October 2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 638507)
I got that too, don’t understand why seeing as they said it was being put back weeks ago :confused:

Maybe they thought it was best to contact customers directly as well as announce it online, ensuring everyone knows the delay and the reason.

Rik 23rd October 2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 638510)
Maybe they thought it was best to contact customers directly as well as announce it online, ensuring everyone knows the delay and the reason.

I get that, but why now and not last month when they announced it, seems a bit daft

But, I’m happy to wait so it’s not a clusterf**k like SF’s Friday the 13th box set :nod:

Justin101 23rd October 2020 01:05 PM

They've never actually told the customers who bought it from them directly. All of the 3rd party retailers contacted their customers so the news was out there. I thought it was a bit strange that I was never officially told that my order was delayed.

They posted pics on their social media yesterday though, they's started receiving the components to put the sets together, one pic was a delivery note of the UHD discs, another was loads of pallets of boxes which would probably be the outer boxes of the set or the inside digipaks.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd October 2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 638513)
They've never actually told the customers who bought it from them directly. All of the 3rd party retailers contacted their customers so the news was out there. I thought it was a bit strange that I was never officially told that my order was delayed.

They posted pics on their social media yesterday though, they's started receiving the components to put the sets together, one pic was a delivery note of the UHD discs, another was loads of pallets of boxes which would probably be the outer boxes of the set or the inside digipaks.

This is the first email I've had from Second Sight about the delay to this release – it's a bit strange to see emails the people have received from Amazon and elsewhere informing them of the delay, but not to receive anything from the official distributor (before today) is peculiar.

Nostalgic 23rd October 2020 09:03 PM

Just a quick (non DOTD) question if anybody knows....

I just bought Call Northside 777 & noticed it's from Second Sight.

Does anybody know if second sight have released any other film noir titles in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Rik 27th October 2020 08:55 AM

I’m still saying this is gonna be the release of the year :nod:

https://www.filmjuice.com/dvd-and-bl...y2TQPESOwWob7Y

“Words cannot begin to do justice to what is easily the finest physical release in the history of home entertainment.”

Justin101 27th October 2020 12:56 PM

There will be a trailer released today, I hope it'll be in 4k, if it's 4k HDR even better :D