Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:46 PM
Cult Addict

I remember seeing Martin on a double bill on BBC2 as a teeneger, pretty sure it was after Horror cafe a talk featuring Clive Barker and John Carpenter among others, just checked it out September 15th 1990, i would be 16 the next day.

After this i'm pretty sure they showed Martin and the Spencer Tracy "Dr jekyll and mr Hyde."

Really liked Martin on first viewing and it's still one of my favourite Romero films.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 4th November 2021, 05:08 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I remember seeing Martin on a double bill on BBC2 as a teeneger, pretty sure it was after Horror cafe a talk featuring Clive Barker and John Carpenter among others, just checked it out September 15th 1990, i would be 16 the next day.

After this i'm pretty sure they showed Martin and the Spencer Tracy "Dr jekyll and mr Hyde."

Really liked Martin on first viewing and it's still one of my favourite Romero films.
Correct on all parts, sir

Following 'The Last Night Of The Proms' at 19:30, BBC2 offered 'Horror Cafe' at 20:35, which featured John Carpenter, Roger Corman, Clive Barker, Ramsey Campbell , Peter Atkins and Lisa Tuttle talking about what frightens them and setting out to create the ultimate dark fantasy. That was followed by an uncut screening of 'Martin' at 21:55. The evening ended with a screening of the 1941 Spencer Tracey version of 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' at 23:30

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2021, 09:12 PM
Cult Master

'Session 9' (2001) - 2 disc Limited Edition Blu-ray pre-order available from Second Sight Films direct - £23:99

Release date: December 27

"Desperate to win the contract to clean up the abandoned Danvers State Mental Hospital, the boss of an asbestos removal company promises a fast completion. The crew have their own personal history and tensions run high, but the derelict building has its own past and they are about to uncover the dark secrets hidden within its walls."

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Charles Bramesco, Simon Fitzjohn and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Special Features
  • Audio commentary by Director and Writer Brad Anderson and Writer Stephen Gevedon
  • New audio commentary by Mike White and Jed Ayres
  • The Darkside: a new interview with Brad Anderson
  • Mike's Session: a new interview with Stephen Gevedon
  • Back to the Bat: a new interview with Producer David Collins and Director of Photography Uta Briesewitz
  • Invisible Design: a new interview with Production Designer Sophie Carlhian
  • The Sound of Dread: a new interview with Composers Robert Millis and Jeffery Taylor
  • A Twisted Collage: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on Session 9
  • Return to Danvers
  • The Haunted Palace
  • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: Session 9
  • Story to Screen with optional Director commentary
  • Deleted scenes and alternate ending with optional Director commentary
  • English subtitles for the hearing impaired

Old 6th November 2021, 06:17 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You know,Second Sight are a first rate company.
The only thing that let's them down is their reluctance to use reversible art.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th November 2021, 04:52 PM
Cult Master

"DOG SOLDIERS UPDATE!! We've had some delays over the past few months with some logistical / access issues out of our control. We wanted to wait and give this classic the best presentaiton we could. Pleased to say we're back on track and the new 4K restoration will be scheduled for release in the new year. More details and date announcement once work is completed. Thanks for bearing with us!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic161 - Dog Soldiers.jpg (89.7 KB, 18 views)

Old 20th December 2021, 01:56 PM
Cult Master

*MARTIN update*

"Since the discovery of the longer 'lost' cut of the film we have halted production in the hope there may be some chance of gaining access for our release

We don’t know if this is going to be possible but are doing all we can and will have more news in the new year."

Old 21st December 2021, 08:19 AM
Cult Master

**DOG SOLDIERS update**

"With the negative scanned and restoration underway we’ve been held up as needed to scan an interpositive for a few seconds of FX shots. This has taken a few months of logistical issues to gain permission to access but is now in our hands and restoration completion will be end of Jan with a view to releasing 4K and Blu-ray by end of March. Thanks for patience everyone!"

Old 4th January 2022, 02:36 PM
Cult Master

“Happy New Year everyone! And to kick of 2022 some very exciting news on THE HITCHER! We've tracked down the original camera negative!! Thanks to Warner’s archive team for allowing us access, we will be doing a full restoration for a 4K and Blu-ray release later this year!”

Old 4th January 2022, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
“Happy New Year everyone! And to kick of 2022 some very exciting news on THE HITCHER! We've tracked down the original camera negative!! Thanks to Warner’s archive team for allowing us access, we will be doing a full restoration for a 4K and Blu-ray release later this year!”
Great news! Almost as good as finding a lost film as an OCN transfer will look miles better.
Old 4th January 2022, 04:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

We should start a petition for reversible/original art just now!

Christ I think the last time they did reversible art was The Changeling or When a Stranger Calls!

The second sight sets are terrific.Only the artwork lets them down.

Anyone agree?
Rob4 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!