Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2020, 04:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Do Zavvi take money for pre orders straight away i dont have the money for Dawn now
Unless you check out with Paypal they'll charge your card just before they post it to you.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th May 2020, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Lost all resolve and ended up ordering the 4K UHD Dawn set. Was gonna wait for a much cheaper standard edition but got cold feet (I'm pretty sure there'll be a 1080p standard set but what if a 4K UHD standard set never arrives).

HMV are selling for 65 and 75 pounds so at least I got a fiver off. My only concern is that it's a long wait till October and HMV might get in financial difficulty again, meaning that I could miss out on a sold out product. If that happens I'll take it on the chin.
I know £70 was your limit but you'd be annoyed at yourself more if you missed out over a fiver. How many times have we all bid on something on eBay with a 'final figure' in mind and then the winning bid was just a few pence over what we buckled on

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th May 2020, 04:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Unless you check out with Paypal they'll charge your card just before they post it to you.
So paypal is a instant charge
Justin101 likes this.
Old 27th May 2020, 05:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ordered from HMV (since Amazon preorder isn't up yet). £74.99. Let's hope they're still trading by October! Of course, if the Amazon pre-order goes up, I'll probably cancel the HMV, or go with Zavvi.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 27th May 2020, 05:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Ordered from HMV (since Amazon preorder isn't up yet). £74.99. Let's hope they're still trading by October! Of course, if the Amazon pre-order goes up, I'll probably cancel the HMV, or go with Zavvi.
Im surprised Amazon is not up yet i keep checking.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th May 2020, 05:50 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Im surprised Amazon is not up yet i keep checking.

Amazon have went crazy since the coronavirus (and not just the UK site). A lot of releases can't be found when you search for them, but they're definitely there as you can access them through links on other sites. And like Dawn, a lot of upcoming releases just say unavailable.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th May 2020, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Amazon have went crazy since the coronavirus (and not just the UK site). A lot of releases can't be found when you search for them, but they're definitely there as you can access them through links on other sites. And like Dawn, a lot of upcoming releases just say unavailable.
Yeah, it's really weird the amount of "unavailable" pre order titles on amazon. They tend to be the last to list now.
Old 28th May 2020, 12:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Personally I don't think the UHD will be all that successful. DVD is still the dominant physical media medium. BR has established itself as the collectors medium. UHD still seems a bit niche to me...
It's certainly a bold move for a UK boutique label. I think most of the UHD sales will come from overseas fans that are using sites like Zavvi and Amazon.

btw The edit happened because I forgot to include the 'boutique' word.

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; 28th May 2020 at 12:59 AM.
Old 28th May 2020, 07:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

A thing recent I have noticed with Amazon is that something will be available for pre order. Then come the release day it switches to unavailable and that item will not be available for a least a week or so.
Old 28th May 2020, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
A thing recent I have noticed with Amazon is that something will be available for pre order. Then come the release day it switches to unavailable and that item will not be available for a least a week or so.

That’s exactly what happened with that Ghostbusters art book I posted about yesterday, I’d had it preordered since February and until Tuesday (release date) it said “delivery date pending”, Tuesday it switched to “unavailable” and then back to “order now” after mine was sent
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!