Like Tree1311Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2021, 12:36 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Now you mention it, Land of the Dead is coming soon, I think via Fabulous Films, it's a stacked special edition but it doesn't have any fun stuff, just Graham Humphries artwork and 2 discs!
Just the same as the one i have now aside from the Humphreys art, dvd version anyway unless Amazon have screwed up again.

The blu has some different extras. One to pick up in the future.
Old 19th January 2021, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just the same as the one i have now aside from the Humphreys art, dvd version anyway unless Amazon have screwed up again.
It's a direct port of the recent Shout/Scream Factory edition so it has a load of newly filmed features on it.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th January 2021, 12:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's a direct port of the recent Shout/Scream Factory edition so it has a load of newly filmed features on it.
Yeah, just checked the FAB website. The first disc has all the new stuff on whilst the second is a direct port of the directors cut original release.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 19th January 2021, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran

It was actually on The Horror Channel last night I caught a bit of it Asia Argento!

Old 19th January 2021, 12:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It was actually on The Horror Channel last night I caught a bit of it Asia Argento!
I love it. It's my favourite zombie movie along with I Walked With a Zombie.

It's one of my 'feelgood films'. I bet i've watched it every year since it came out.

I wasn't kidding. I'd want a bells and whistles limited edition with a remote control Dead Reckoning vehicle.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 19th January 2021, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Um... at no point have Second Sight made any reference to them releasing older films only, a lot of their recent releases have been fairly 'new' films in the grand scheme of things, In Bruges, The Strangers and most recently Host to name three off the top of my head...

Just because it's not your cup of tea, you don't need to come and make sarcastic comments about their business. You don't have to buy it, and suspect that you wont.
Apologies, I come from a different time.
When a joke was a joke & people didn't get offended by people pointing out patterns, or observing trends & making light of it.

When this forum becomes Woke, time to leave.
Old 19th January 2021, 08:52 PM
Cult Veteran

An apology that's not an apology. We're all of a similar age here, and were brought up with the same sensibilities but some people move on. Your joke wasn't actually a joke, it was you being passive aggressive again.

Old 19th January 2021, 08:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Apologies, I come from a different time.
When a joke was a joke & people didn't get offended by people pointing out patterns, or observing trends & making light of it.

When this forum becomes Woke, time to leave.
tbh, I did take most of it to be a bit of a comical rant that yer Dad might indulge in and it was generally amusing to myself as I prefer retro to modern too.

But the attack on the wokeness of Get Out followed by:

'Now, back to being a human with a brain......'

could also be taken as an personal insult of those who actually like that movie (this includes me btw).

By all means review and criticise based on your own sensibilities and taste (I often have a go at Dr. Who myself for being overly woke) but please try to avoid denigrating people who might possibly have a different opinion on the entertainment in question.

The site is not likely to go woke based on the type of material most people here enjoy, but I'd also rather not see it descend into culture war slanging matches either. There's plenty of shite like that on the rest of the internet.
Old 19th January 2021, 09:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ok, back on topic.
Not a fan of modern film/academia surrounding such.
Not everything has subtext etc, sometimes it's just a movie. And sometimes it needs time to have any kind of cultural relevance.
Old 20th January 2021, 08:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
tbh, I did take most of it to be a bit of a comical rant that yer Dad might indulge in and it was generally amusing to myself as I prefer retro to modern too.

But the attack on the wokeness of Get Out followed by:

'Now, back to being a human with a brain......'

could also be taken as an personal insult of those who actually like that movie (this includes me btw).

By all means review and criticise based on your own sensibilities and taste (I often have a go at Dr. Who myself for being overly woke) but please try to avoid denigrating people who might possibly have a different opinion on the entertainment in question.

The site is not likely to go woke based on the type of material most people here enjoy, but I'd also rather not see it descend into culture war slanging matches either. There's plenty of shite like that on the rest of the internet.

I liked Get Out
I enjoyed It Follows
I liked Hereditary

I just didn't think they were the world changing masterworks that many did.
One of the most interesting films of recent years was Joker, a film directed by Todd Phillips, a man who used to direct comedy films. He has given several interviews stating that he stopped making comedy because of Woke culture, and it's too much hassel argueing with two million twitter followers.

You can't keep explaining jokes to people that don't get them. If you can't say or observe something without fear of offending someone then free speech and expression is dead. As much as people pretend they're not endorsing the snowflake generation, that's the way the world is going.

Hold on to original thoughts, they are a rare and endangered thing.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WAS A POST REFERENCING SOCIETY IN GENERAL AND NOT ANY INDIVIDUAL. SOCIETY INCLUDES PEOPLE OF ALL SHAPES, SIZES, RACES, GENDERS, ETC.

APOLOGIES IF ANYBODY HAS HAD TO THINK AS A RESULT OF THIS POST.

*Not being passive aggressive, just OBSERVING.

Like this? Share it using the links below!