LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2021, 05:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Coming soon to 4K UHD from Second Sight Films

The Babadook (2014)!

MORE INFO TBA
'The Babadook' (2014) - Limited Edition 4K / Blu-ray Pre-Order Available from Second Sight Films direct - £39:99

Release date: June 21

"Widowed mother Amelia is struggling following the violent death of her husband and her son Samuel’s fears that a monster is coming for them. When a storybook featuring the sinister Mister Babadook appears in their home, Samuel is convinced he is the monstrous creature and Amelia slowly begins to sense a very real ominous presence."

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Daniel Bird, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive Jennifer Kent interview, stills, behind-the-scenes photos and original illustration concepts for the book
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • This is my House: a new interview with Actor Essie Davis
  • The Sister: a new interview with Actor Hayley McElhinney
  • Don't Let It In: a new interview with Producer Kristina Ceyton
  • Conjuring Nightmares: a new interview Producer Kristian Moliere
  • Shaping Darkness: a new interview with Editor Simon Njoo
  • If It's in a Name or in a Look: a new interview with Production Designer Alex Holmes
  • The Bookmaker: a new interview with the book designer Alexander Juhasz
  • Ba-Ba-Ba...Dook!: a new interview with Composer Jed Kurzel
  • Monster: Jennifer Kent's original short film
  • They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
  • There's No Place Like Home: Creating The House
  • Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
  • The Stunts
  • Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
  • English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
“**MARTIN news**
Following a lot of discussions and some logistical delays over the past year we finally have more news on Martin. Originally intended as a Blu-ray only release we are now going ahead with a 4K UHD as well. This means going back to the original scan and a new restoration in 4K which will take some time. We hope for a late summer release and will keep you posted. Thanks for everyone’s patience on this one.”

No interest in the UHD, but I’ll definitely be getting the standard set, hopefully it’s along the same lines as Dawn of the Dead
I've been thinking about that Second Sight statement. If I'm way out of line, please do tell me but I find it rather irritating if I'm being honest. Maybe I'm wrong here but I'm sure Martin was announced over two years ago and now we're being told that a change of plans will lead to even further delay. After their initial announcement, I expected to own a Martin blu-ray much sooner than this. Perhaps you shouldn't tell everyone about a new release if it's gonna take actual years for it to happen?
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I've been thinking about that Second Sight statement. If I'm way out of line, please do tell me but I find it rather irritating if I'm being honest. Maybe I'm wrong here but I'm sure Martin was announced over two years ago and now we're being told that a change of plans will lead to even further delay. After their initial announcement, I expected to own a Martin blu-ray much sooner than this. Perhaps you shouldn't tell everyone about a new release if it's gonna take actual years for it to happen?
I agree. I personally don't think companies should announce something unless it's 90% ready for release
Old 5th May 2021, 06:48 PM
Cult Addict

Second Sight have announced Peter Medaks The Krays. An old favourite of mine.Screenshot_20210505-194633_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 6th May 2021, 07:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Second Sight have announced Peter Medaks The Krays. An old favourite of mine.Attachment 233079

I was so excited to see this - it's long overdue - I think this Medak film is superior to the Brian Helgeland film LEGEND.
Old 6th May 2021, 09:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I was so excited to see this - it's long overdue - I think this Medak film is superior to the Brian Helgeland film LEGEND.
I wasn’t overly keen on legend, been a while since I seen it but just didn’t gel with me. Original krays films is a masterpiece compared to legends.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 6th May 2021, 09:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I haven't seen Legend since the cinema where I really enjoyed it. Its overdue a rewatch.

Old 6th May 2021, 10:37 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I haven't seen Legend since the cinema where I really enjoyed it. Its overdue a rewatch.

Don't get me wrong, it's good but I prefer the Krays - the supporting cast, for one, is far better: Billie Whitelaw, Tom Courtenay, Steven Berkoff, etc - its impeccably well-cast and the Kemps did a great job considering they were best know for being musicians at the time.
Old 6th May 2021, 03:26 PM
Cultist

Default The Second Sight Films Thread

Second Sight Films via Facebook

“ Following some speculation we can confirm we will be releasing The Hitcher on Blu-ray! We would have loved to release a 4K, however original elements are missing or no longer exist and this therefore won’t be possible. We’ve searched via several film archive associations with worldwide members plus other routes. Only prints exist, and then very rarely. We will be using the existing master taken from a print which is in the best condition we have seen. However, further restoration work is being done on the master to address several issues that we can improve upon, including some image warping caused by rips/tears. Hours will be spent in manual restoration for further dirt and scratch removal, splice removal, improved stability and flicker repair. We are also re-grading to balance colour given the print source. We aim to give The Hitcher the best possible presentation it has ever had.”
Old 6th May 2021, 03:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Second Sight Films via Facebook

“ Following some speculation we can confirm we will be releasing The Hitcher on Blu-ray! We would have loved to release a 4K, however original elements are missing or no longer exist and this therefore won’t be possible. We’ve searched via several film archive associations with worldwide members plus other routes. Only prints exist, and then very rarely. We will be using the existing master taken from a print which is in the best condition we have seen. However, further restoration work is being done on the master to address several issues that we can improve upon, including some image warping caused by rips/tears. Hours will be spent in manual restoration for further dirt and scratch removal, splice removal, improved stability and flicker repair. We are also re-grading to balance colour given the print source. We aim to give The Hitcher the best possible presentation it has ever had.”
It's shocking really that a film of that vintage and that popular could have a missing OCN and interpositive. Ah well, something's better than nothing...

Like this? Share it using the links below!