Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Mondo Macabro (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9868-mondo-macabro.html)

g053584398 25th November 2020 07:18 PM

I wish that Arrow would release more titles like this one. Mondo Macabro must be the most interesting Blu-ray label in the world.

Rob4 25th November 2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 640987)
I wish that Arrow would release more titles like this one. Mondo Macabro must be the most interesting Blu-ray label in the world.

MM do great work. My only quibble is that they don't seem to have any interest in updating their back catalogue of DVDs to BR.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th November 2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 640988)
MM do great work. My only quibble is that they don't seem to have any interest in updating their back catalogue of DVDs to BR.

Does that really matter? They all looked fantastic anyway upscaled.

Isn't it better getting something brand new?

Internet posters sure do like to whinge. :lol:

g053584398 25th November 2020 08:12 PM

I can see merit in both of those points of view though.

I imagine at this point a release of Snake Sisters, or whatever it was called, probably isn't going to happen...

Rob4 25th November 2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 640989)
Does that really matter? They all looked fantastic anyway upscaled.

Isn't it better getting something brand new?

Internet posters sure do like to whinge. :lol:

Nah, not a whinge, just a lament :lol: You should look at the Daily Mail comments or a BBC HYS if you want to see proper whinging ;)

Upscaling is ok for those that never had any intention of upgrading to BR. But I held off purchasing a lot thinking they would eventually be upgraded (I still think they will be, by somebody, if not MM) so its not really a viable option to jump on the DVD when Blu might be just around the corner. I'm not desperate yet - plenty of stuff to watch - its just 'collector syndrome' kicking in :)

Susan Foreman 18th December 2020 06:55 PM

"***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

SURPRISE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT!

Sometime in early 2021 we will be releasing Jorge Grau's notorious early 80s exploitation/thriller HUNTING GROUND aka COTO DE CAZA!

From Spanish film guru Ismael Fernández's liner notes featured in the soon-forthcoming LE of BLOOD CEREMONY, also directed by Grau:

"The story tells of a female lawyer who finds her liberal convictions wavering when she comes under repeated threats from the vicious hoodlum who she defended in court in the past. The story that follows is a combination of DEATH WISH and STRAW DOGS that, in its gruesome final segment, ventures into the territory of films such as LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT."

We'll reveal more about this release once it gets closer to publication. For now here's the brand new cover art by Justin Coffee!

We also plan on revealing more of our early 2021 slate over the next couple of weeks. So hang tight! 2020 is almost over!"

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th December 2020 09:34 AM

SOLD!

Rob4 19th December 2020 09:55 AM

That cover is exploitation gold :thankingyou: Mondo Macabro

Susan Foreman 25th December 2020 02:41 PM

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

For Christmas this year, we are giving you ...

ANOTHER SURPRISE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT!

This time it's an upgrade of one of our personal favorites here at MM HQ - The wild (and I mean WILD) Filipino exploitation masterpiece SILIP: DAUGHTERS OF EVE!

The copy on the back of our old DVD describes it thusly:
"In the tradition of Japanese “Pink” cinema comes this shocking, violent and sex filled movie that caused an outrage when it was screened at the Chicago Film Festival.

The film stars former Miss Philippines, the stunning Maria Isabel Lopez, in her most revealing role ever. It‘s an eye-opening example of raw and savage film making from one of its country’s most innovative directors.

Set in the beautiful and remote countryside of Ilongo, the story tells of three young women and their struggle to come to terms with their own sexuality against a background of religious repression and male brutality.

This film contains scenes of extreme violence and graphic sexuality that may disturb some viewers."
Yes, in fact, some viewers WILL be disturbed by this incredible and shocking film. You've been warned!

All the extras from our previous edition will be ported over along with a new batch created just for this release by the world's leading expert on Filipino genre and exploitation film, Andrew Leavold.

We don't have a pre-order date for this one set yet, but expect it sometime in the first half of 2021.

And please note this is the art for the DVD. The Blu-ray art will be somewhat different and will be revealed at a later time.

Merry Xmas Mondo Maniacs!"

Rob4 26th December 2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 642889)

"This film contains scenes of extreme violence and graphic sexuality that may disturb some viewers."

Erm... I think I'll be getting this one... :xmashunger: