Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree646Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2020, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I wish that Arrow would release more titles like this one. Mondo Macabro must be the most interesting Blu-ray label in the world.
Old 25th November 2020, 08:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I wish that Arrow would release more titles like this one. Mondo Macabro must be the most interesting Blu-ray label in the world.
MM do great work. My only quibble is that they don't seem to have any interest in updating their back catalogue of DVDs to BR.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 25th November 2020, 08:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
MM do great work. My only quibble is that they don't seem to have any interest in updating their back catalogue of DVDs to BR.
Does that really matter? They all looked fantastic anyway upscaled.

Isn't it better getting something brand new?

Internet posters sure do like to whinge.
Old 25th November 2020, 09:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I can see merit in both of those points of view though.

I imagine at this point a release of Snake Sisters, or whatever it was called, probably isn't going to happen...
Old 25th November 2020, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Does that really matter? They all looked fantastic anyway upscaled.

Isn't it better getting something brand new?

Internet posters sure do like to whinge.
Nah, not a whinge, just a lament You should look at the Daily Mail comments or a BBC HYS if you want to see proper whinging

Upscaling is ok for those that never had any intention of upgrading to BR. But I held off purchasing a lot thinking they would eventually be upgraded (I still think they will be, by somebody, if not MM) so its not really a viable option to jump on the DVD when Blu might be just around the corner. I'm not desperate yet - plenty of stuff to watch - its just 'collector syndrome' kicking in
Old 18th December 2020, 07:55 PM
Cult Master

"***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

SURPRISE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT!

Sometime in early 2021 we will be releasing Jorge Grau's notorious early 80s exploitation/thriller HUNTING GROUND aka COTO DE CAZA!

From Spanish film guru Ismael Fernández's liner notes featured in the soon-forthcoming LE of BLOOD CEREMONY, also directed by Grau:

"The story tells of a female lawyer who finds her liberal convictions wavering when she comes under repeated threats from the vicious hoodlum who she defended in court in the past. The story that follows is a combination of DEATH WISH and STRAW DOGS that, in its gruesome final segment, ventures into the territory of films such as LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT."

We'll reveal more about this release once it gets closer to publication. For now here's the brand new cover art by Justin Coffee!

We also plan on revealing more of our early 2021 slate over the next couple of weeks. So hang tight! 2020 is almost over!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th December 2020, 10:34 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SOLD!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th December 2020, 10:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

That cover is exploitation gold Mondo Macabro
Old 25th December 2020, 03:41 PM
Cult Master

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

For Christmas this year, we are giving you ...

ANOTHER SURPRISE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT!

This time it's an upgrade of one of our personal favorites here at MM HQ - The wild (and I mean WILD) Filipino exploitation masterpiece SILIP: DAUGHTERS OF EVE!

The copy on the back of our old DVD describes it thusly:
"In the tradition of Japanese “Pink” cinema comes this shocking, violent and sex filled movie that caused an outrage when it was screened at the Chicago Film Festival.

The film stars former Miss Philippines, the stunning Maria Isabel Lopez, in her most revealing role ever. It‘s an eye-opening example of raw and savage film making from one of its country’s most innovative directors.

Set in the beautiful and remote countryside of Ilongo, the story tells of three young women and their struggle to come to terms with their own sexuality against a background of religious repression and male brutality.

This film contains scenes of extreme violence and graphic sexuality that may disturb some viewers."
Yes, in fact, some viewers WILL be disturbed by this incredible and shocking film. You've been warned!

All the extras from our previous edition will be ported over along with a new batch created just for this release by the world's leading expert on Filipino genre and exploitation film, Andrew Leavold.

We don't have a pre-order date for this one set yet, but expect it sometime in the first half of 2021.

And please note this is the art for the DVD. The Blu-ray art will be somewhat different and will be revealed at a later time.

Merry Xmas Mondo Maniacs!"

g053584398, Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th December 2020, 10:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

"This film contains scenes of extreme violence and graphic sexuality that may disturb some viewers."
Erm... I think I'll be getting this one...

Like this? Share it using the links below!