Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Mondo Macabro (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9868-mondo-macabro.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 07:32 PM

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...31&oe=59394BA7

Quote:

Coming this April from our friends at Mondo Macabro​ -- a Limited Edition set featuring HD upgrades for two of Jess Franco's more twisted efforts from his Robert de Nesle period, plus some new surprises!

First up is the much requested Blu debut of Franco's COUNTESS PERVERSE (1974). Restored to its director's cut and scanned from the original negatives, the film is a sort of Most Dangerous Game by way of De Sade, as swingin' couple Bob and Moira pick up beach bunnies from the sunny shores by day, and spend their nights seducing the same. However, things take a dark turn when their new friends are introduced to the Count & Countess Zaroff, who have their own idea of a good time. Showcasing great turns from Franco regulars Robert Woods, Howard Vernon, Alice Arno, and, of course, Lina Romay, COUNTESS PERVERSE is a disturbing mixture of sex and death, and has long been a fan favorite, for good reason -- its legendary nude hunt is easily one of the most iconic sequences from the director's vast filmography. Definitely one not to miss.

The second feature here is HOW TO SEDUCE A VIRGIN (aka Plaisir * trois, 1974). The Countess de Bressac returns home from a forced nuthouse stint, the court-appointed result of castrating her former plaything. Greeted by her hunchbacked gardener, mute maid and enabling husband, she immediately retreats to her dungeon, surrounded by human statues formed from past conquests. Her spouse proposes a new game, involving the seduction of the wealthy heiress next door, but when things don't go as expected... Another of Franco's examinations of the perversion of innocence, PLAISIR A TROIS is likewise one of the provocateur's darker efforts, and it's presented here scanned from the original negatives looking better than ever.

With these titles being previously released by Mondo Macabro on DVD, the company's obviously porting over their existing special features, including a pair of excellent analyses by Murderous Passions: The Delirious Cinema of Jess Franco author Stephen Thrower, and great chats with COUNTESS PERVERSE actor Robert Woods and HOW TO SEDUCE A VIRGIN screenwriter Alan Petit.

But wait, there's more! This collection also contains the English-friendly disc debut of SEXY NATURE (1974), the complete 101-minute Adults Only variant of COUNTESS PERVERSE! Throw away those bootlegs; as with the other films here, it's presented in HD from the original film elements -- no tape inserts or anything of the sort.

Guess what? That's not all! The outfit is additionally including a bonus CD featuring Blue Phantom's 1971 psych-rock classic DISTORTIONS, containing several of the memorable tracks that popped up in both COUNTESS PERVERSE and the director's SINNER: THE SECRET DIARY OF A NYMPHOMANIAC (1973). If you're a fan of those films' soundtracks, this is an incredible inclusion, and one I guarantee will be in heavy rotation at the ol' Arcana HQ. Last, but certainly not least, there's a printed booklet with liner notes from MM's own Pete Tombs.

This All Region set is limited to 1,000 numbered copies, and will be an exclusive to Mondo Macabro's webstore. Pre-orders are set to go live Friday, March 3rd, with a ship date in early April. Pricing is expected to be set at $45 with free shipping, which may seem a bit high, but the company is really attempting to give Franco fans the kind of release they've been asking for, and it should be a great addition to our collections -- whether or not you think it's worth it is up to you. Viva la Franco!

(Note: I censored the cover art for Facebook; the actual release will be untouched.)

Rob4 25th February 2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 522635)

its a nice release for Franco fans but i'm not seeing why it justifies a limited edition. assuming there will be a standard edition what will be dropped - the CD or the variant 'Sexy Nature' cut? if its just the CD i'd happily pass and save some money.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 522662)
its a nice release for Franco fans but i'm not seeing why it justifies a limited edition. assuming there will be a standard edition what will be dropped - the CD or the variant 'Sexy Nature' cut? if its just the CD i'd happily pass and save some money.

MM's rights to these films apparently are expiring soon, so there may not be a standard edition unfortunately.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 10:27 PM

Countess Perverse is a decent enough take on The Most Dangerous Game. The dvd looks sparkling anyway so a blu should perhaps be extra impressive.

I've not seen How To Seduce a Virgin. If the rights are expiring i'd better make it high priority before Bill gets hold of it.

Rob4 1st March 2017 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
somehow this one slipped my attention - out March 3rd

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st March 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 523152)
somehow this one slipped my attention - out March 3rd

Not a Mondo Macabro release and a 'collectors edition' re-issue of the original limited release which has since sold out from Dorado Films direct.

Rob4 1st March 2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 523173)
Not a Mondo Macabro release and a 'collectors edition' re-issue of the original limited release which has since sold out from Dorado Films direct.

ah i see, i just assumed it was an MM as it was on their website :thankingyou:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st March 2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 523175)
ah i see, i just assumed it was an MM as it was on their website :thankingyou:

Yeah, MM often sell other labels' releases to give them a bit more wider exposure, which is damn nice of them!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd March 2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 522635)

Now available to order from MM's store.

monkeypedro 3rd March 2017 03:13 PM

Have every Mondo Macabro release so far but in two minds whether to order it as works out at just under £43 delivered to the UK.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd March 2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 523502)
Have every Mondo Macabro release so far but in two minds whether to order it as works out at just under £43 delivered to the UK.

I justified the expense by quantifying that it is £43 for 3 films... so 'only' £14.33 each. ;)

monkeypedro 3rd March 2017 03:26 PM

Have just ordered it as don't want to chance missing out as would cost even more to obtain a copy. Have sold off a couple of discs so not too much of a hit on the bank balance.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd March 2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 523503)
I justified the expense by quantifying that it is £43 for 3 films... so 'only' £14.33 each. ;)

Three films? That's stretching it a bit. ;)

BAKA 4th March 2017 01:15 PM

I haven't seen a lot of Franco, but I don't think these ones are for me. At that price tag, I don't want to have to pay so much to find out for sure. I tend to enjoy those more horror focused than sex focused.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 523585)
I haven't seen a lot of Franco, but I don't think these ones are for me. At that price tag, I don't want to have to pay so much to find out for sure. I tend to enjoy those more horror focused than sex focused.

Countess Perverse is Franco's take on The Most Dangerous Game. It's not really a horror nor is it over the top erotic. It's a decent watch though.

It's not worth £45 .

BAKA 4th March 2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 523588)
Countess Perverse is Franco's take on The Most Dangerous Game. It's not really a horror nor is it over the top erotic. It's a decent watch though.

It's not worth £45 .

I haven't seen that either. :lol:

nosferatu42 4th March 2017 04:25 PM

The original is great,Made on the same sets as King Kong Franco's not so much, only bonus is added cleavage.;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 523617)
The original is great,Made on the same sets as King Kong Franco's not so much, only bonus is added cleavage.;)

Cleavage? The huntress is nude!

nosferatu42 4th March 2017 05:32 PM

Ok then tits if were being pedantic.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 523627)
Ok then tits if were being pedantic.

It's not pedantic. Think how interesting things would be otherwise.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2017 06:46 PM

:focus:

Demoncrat 5th March 2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 523502)

Well ... that's only 7 more than what I paid for that Dorado set. Am torn ... the "naughty" versions are usually a scream.... but I do need to eat at some point this month ...;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th March 2017 08:35 PM

Coming from MM:

http://images.blu-ray.com/news/upload/8058_tn.jpg

Quote:

Latvian Erotic-Art-Horror from the 1990s. On Blu-ray. Spring or early Summer.

Rob4 10th March 2017 09:12 PM

Stunning artwork. Here's a link to the plot summary on imdb. Sounds right up my street :nod:

Zirneklis (1991) - Plot Summary - IMDb

mr 420 10th March 2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 523732)
Well ... that's only 7 more than what I paid for that Dorado set. Am torn ... the "naughty" versions are usually a scream.... but I do need to eat at some point this month ...;)

You'll need to give disc a l'orange a try. :pop2:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd March 2017 07:26 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/fz5h0w.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/153uyj9.jpg

Quote:

Art and specs reveal for INQUISITION!

We hope to have the limited edition of this title on sale in late April or early May, with the retail version landing in June or so.

Brand new cover illustration by Gilles Vranckx
Region-free worldwide Blu-ray premiere
HD transfer from the original negative
Spanish and English Language Tracks
New created optional English subtitles
Audio commentary by Rod Barnett and Troy Guinn of the Naschycast
Archival video introduction to the film by Paul Naschy
“Blood and Sand”, Eurotika! documentary on Spanish horror
Mondo Macabro previews

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
666 numbered copies
Reversible cover
Booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Pete Tombs
And of course, the red case

monkeypedro 12th April 2017 02:26 PM

Link now live to order the limited edition of Inquisition.

Mondo Macabro — INQUISITION - Limited Edition Blu-ray

Also available to order are Dorado Films Night of the Scorpion and a limited edition 2 -disc Bloody Friday.

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/pr...f-the-scorpion

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/product/bloody-friday

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th April 2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 527943)
Link now live to order the limited edition of Inquisition.

Mondo Macabro — INQUISITION - Limited Edition Blu-ray

Also available to order are Dorado Films Night of the Scorpion and a limited edition 2 -disc Bloody Friday.

Mondo Macabro — NIGHT OF THE SCORPION

Mondo Macabro — BLOODY FRIDAY - Limited 2-disc Edition Blu-ray

Yep, just ordered Inquisition and Night of the Scorpion (I have Bloody Friday due from the Kickstarter campaign).

My first LE MM release... in love with that artwork for The Inquisition!

keirarts 12th April 2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 527945)
Yep, just ordered Inquisition and Night of the Scorpion (I have Bloody Friday due from the Kickstarter campaign).

My first LE MM release... in love with that artwork for The Inquisition!

Me too. Looking forward to the Bloody friday kickstarter release. Couldn't really afford it but the MM order of Inquisition and night of the scorpion was a damn site cheaper than the code red stuff on Diabolik. Plus the discs should be of a higher quality.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th April 2017 03:21 PM

Those look fantastic.

I'd have joined you with those had they been combo packs.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th April 2017 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bagged this...NOTS is sold out already.:rolleyes:

BAKA 13th April 2017 10:15 AM

I picked up Inquisition, Night Of The Scorpion, and Castle Of The Creeping Flesh. I read the description for Castle and was instantly sold. Gotta love a horror movie set in an ancient castle (unsurprisingly) with a mad scientist trying to revive his dead daughter with body parts from people he's just slaughtered. There are never enough of those movies.

I'm still wavering on that Franco LE too (the MM one, I already have the Dorado one), despite spending nearly £80 yesterday, and still trying to save for FrightFest.

BAKA 13th April 2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 527989)
Bagged this...NOTS is sold out already.:rolleyes:

For what it's worth he's selling more later today.

Quote:

I'll have 20 more copies of NIGHT OF THE SCORPION on sale tomorrow at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST!
I think that works out at around 11pm, but I'd double check for yourself.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2017 09:58 PM

Worth hanging around and clicking add to cart.....punters have 10 mins to checkout or it is removed from their carts!
I just bagged a copy!:clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th April 2017 06:36 PM

NIGHT OF THE SCORPION in stock at Diabolik.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/n...ay-all-region/

monkeypedro 19th April 2017 06:59 PM

On Strange Vice's Facebook page they mention that they will be also getting stock of Night of the Scorpion soon.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th April 2017 07:00 PM

I buy quite a few from Strange Vice-service is excellent.:nod:

Justin101 19th April 2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 529144)
I buy quite a few from Strange Vice-service is excellent.:nod:

I've only used him once but the service was fantastic.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th May 2017 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh dear....

Due to an unforseen error with our supplier, the red cases for this edition are unfortunately emblazoned with the 'playstation' logo. These are the same cases we have used in the past, with this one difference. Sadly, there are no cases on hand in bulk that do not have this error. We apologize, and hope that this does not dissuade you from purchasing what we feel is one of the strongest Blu-ray packages of 2016.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th May 2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 531878)
Oh dear....

Due to an unforseen error with our supplier, the red cases for this edition are unfortunately emblazoned with the 'playstation' logo. These are the same cases we have used in the past, with this one difference. Sadly, there are no cases on hand in bulk that do not have this error. We apologize, and hope that this does not dissuade you from purchasing what we feel is one of the strongest Blu-ray packages of 2016.

:lol:

I doubt anyone except completists from this country would buy it anyway seeing as we have the fantastic BFI release.