Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree646Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2018, 09:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

good interview. a shame he didn't tease any releases we don't know about yet...
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th March 2018, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Mondo Macabro: 4K Restoration of Who Can Kill a Child? Detailed for Blu-ray

U.S. label Mondo Macabro has detailed its upcoming Blu-ray release of director Narciso Ibáñez Serrador's film Who Can Kill a Child? (1976), starring Lewis Fiander, Prunella Ransome, Antonio Iranzo, Miguel Narros, and MarÃ*a Luisa Arias. The release is expected to arrive on the market this Spring.

The label will have two editions available for purchase: a limited red case edition with a reversible cover with both images unique to this version, and a standard edition which will arrive shortly after it.

Synopsis: On a vacation away from their family, Tom (Lewis Fiander) and his pregnant wife Evelyn (Prunella Ransome) sail to an island off the coast of Spain that seems deserted -- until its children emerge from the shadows with the blood of their parents on their hands, and hatred in their hearts for every adult.

Unflinchingly horrific and unapologetically downbeat, Narciso Ibáñez Serrador's Who Can Kill a Child? was heavily censored for its American release as Island of the Damned.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION of the film from the original camera negative
  • Two different English language tracks: the Spanish export version and the U.S. Island of the Damned dub, as well as the Spanish language track with optional English subtitles
  • Two options for the opening credits; the longer 'mondo'-style opening of the Spanish/export version and the shorter U.S. Island of the Damned opening
  • Brand new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan of the Daughters of Darkness podcast
  • Brand new interview with horror historian and critic Kim Newman
  • Archival Spanish TV documentary on the film
  • Archival interviews with director Narciso Ibanez Serrador and cinematographer Jose Luis Alcaine
  • Trailers and radio spots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9327_tn.jpg (97.8 KB, 13 views)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th March 2018, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Oooooh .....
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

May 2018 release
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DevilIncarnate.jpg (95.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 11th April 2018, 04:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

NOW LIVE!

GET IN THERE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WCK_Red_A.jpg (20.8 KB, 17 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th April 2018, 06:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
NOW LIVE!

GET IN THERE!
SOLD OUT!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd May 2018, 08:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Coming from MM:

Quote:
SURPRISE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT!
Mondo Macabro are very pleased to announce that we have just acquired the US physical media rights to the 1976 Swiss film BLOODLUST (Mosquito der schänder). Thanks to Film Media, Michael Raso and Paige Davis for making this possible.
For those unfamiliar with the title, BLOODLUST is one of the darkest and most affecting horror movies to come out of 1970s Europe. The film plays like a kind of grown up fairy tale, albeit one that includes bloodsucking, eyeball evisceration and voyeuristic lesbian sex scenes among a host of other activities. The bloodsucker of the film’s title is played by veteran actor Werner Pochath. Although he made a number of horror films, including two with Dario Argento, this was one of his rare leads and it’s a career topping best, especially remarkable in that the character he plays is a deaf mute who has not a single world of dialog.
This will be the world Blu-ray premier of this remarkable - and remarkably strange - film. Watch this space for more details
Old 3rd May 2018, 08:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Mosquito der schänder - Judging by the write up in Euro Gothic it sounds like MM have got themselves one of the little known Holy Grail's of Euro sleaze.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Mosquito der schänder - Judging by the write up in Euro Gothic it sounds like MM have got themselves one of the little known Holy Grail's of Euro sleaze.
I had the old DERANN video which was heavily cut but I then picked up an obscure dvd US release which was intact.It's certainly different...
This is the one I own with quite watchable PQ:

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodlust-Wer...5343580&sr=1-1
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th May 2018, 08:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

not sure if this is alternative or reverse artwork?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhoCanKillChild.jpg (96.4 KB, 13 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!