Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2007

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2007, 04:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ah, I see

All I've seen are extended scenes that appear to be taken from the Producers work print.

I'll keep my eyes open on the bay and see what comes up - cheers.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:43 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Competition

NYR arrived today! Well, it arrived yesterday but I wasn't in so I had to go and collect it this morning. And I'm off uni today... Guess what I'm going to watch...

Thanks guys!

Oh, Philleh, forgot to mention, the Producer's Cut I've got has all it's extended/new scenes taken from a video tape of the work print. The guy used that and the theatrical cut on DVD to re-edit so that most of the film is a good quality print and then when it switches to Producer's Cut footage it's pretty low quality. But it's worth it to see the full cut as, in my opinion, it's well better than the theatrical release. No exploding heads for one thing! (Although I am a fan of the old exploding head, it has no place in a Halloween film!)

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 2nd November 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:10 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw1984 View Post
Oh, Philleh, forgot to mention, the Producer's Cut I've got has all it's extended/new scenes taken from a video tape of the work print. The guy used that and the theatrical cut on DVD to re-edit so that most of the film is a good quality print and then when it switches to Producer's Cut footage it's pretty low quality. But it's worth it to see the full cut as, in my opinion, it's well better than the theatrical release. No exploding heads for one thing! (Although I am a fan of the old exploding head, it has no place in a Halloween film!)
I seeee!

I'll be sure could keep my a look out for it. As for the exploding head(s): you're damn right!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:11 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Right I'm starting a Halloween thread in the 'Video Store Computer' section as I have a few opinions to share on the remake!
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:17 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Out of curiosity is the trailer on New York Ripper an original theatrical one or a newly-made trailer?
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:22 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's an original supplied from the licensor. We will have some of our own edits coming up in the future for the likes of Flavia the Heretic which doesn't appear to have any trailer!
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:50 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Excellent stuff.

What are the chances of Flavia getting through uncut? This may be a tough one.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:56 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah not only do we get a sliced nipple but molten lead is poured onto it first! It is kinda spongey looking though... then we've got the Night Train Murders and so on - 2008 is going to be a looooooooooong year!
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Haha, I live in hope. NYR has violence that is still unleveled IMO, so I can see why the BBFC would be a little touchy - seeing as it was ordered OUT of the country originally.

Flavia and Night Train also have a 'art-house' vibe to them. Sure, they're sleazy as hell, but if Catherine Breillat can have Rocco insert a rake into a females vagina (a la Anatomy of Hell) and Gasper Noe can Anally rape Monica Beluci for 9 minutes, some dodgy gore should be fine - don't ya' think?

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:18 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Night Train Murders was rejected for cinema back in 1976 (as Late Night Trains) though it hasn't got the same BBFC stigma attached to it as Last House On The Left.

It could well get through uncut now.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!