Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2007
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2007, 03:38 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah next in the line of the scissors is Flavia and I have a feeling we'll take 'em Night Train Murders style! As for NTM I'm not sure how it will play out - as long as people stop blaming me for cutting the damn things!

Anyway good to be back and yes sleeves - the bane of my life! Following the sheer horror (especially from the States) I think we'll keep that sleeve - others are up in the air - I'll see where we're at with things and post up stuff when there's something I think likely to upset people in the US... only kidding folks - I need to do more shopping in your country (although I hereby pledge NEVER to take the Greyhound EVER again!)

Almar
Old 4th December 2007, 03:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Cheers Almar, I have a copy though - so keep it for a rainy day

NTM will be fine... Sure it's crude, but compared to a certain 'snip-snip' scene from Hostel Two I think it'll be okay.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 4th December 2007, 03:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I'm about 63% sure that Night Train Murders will receive BBFC edits though I can't see them being major or lengthy ones. Alas I have far less hope for Flavia but it would be a pleasure to be proved wrong.

It will be interesting to see just how much the BBFC require to be removed from NTM simply because it gives Shameless an idea as to how far along the line the UK censors have come and what sort of thing may be cut from future releases. Under Ferman the film would likely have been rejected completely or heavily cut indeed.

No one blames you Almar for cutting the films. It's simply the law alas and although we don't have to agree with it there's nowt we can do. The plus is that, cut or not (and many of these films will make it uncut and even restored a la Killer Nun etc), it will give people a chance to get hold of some of the more obscure titles.
Old 4th December 2007, 03:54 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well I can always have a rake about and send you a random horror - I might even have a copy of the worst horror film ever made...
Old 4th December 2007, 04:08 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Phantom Of Death was originally cut by Ferman (18 secs though I don't know the cuts details) and is now passed complete. Ditto for Killer Nun. Even New York Ripper managed to retrieve 3 seconds because the edits were done far better than the Vipco one.

Very often if the cuts are made exactly as per requested by the BBFC the length can be minimal. Vipco used to cut great chunks out of their bloody films because they couldn't be bothered to edit properly. Their diabolical releases of Eaten Alive and Cannibal Ferox were pre-cut to the point of incoherence and completely worthless. Especially when some of the original cuts would have been waived if resubmitted now (they did the same with Night Of The Demon and I haven't forgiven them for this).
Old 4th December 2007, 04:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Well I can always have a rake about and send you a random horror - I might even have a copy of the worst horror film ever made...

Lol, do your worst boyo!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 4th December 2007, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think it's the genital stabbing/murder of "Lisa" in Night Train Murders that is likely to prove problematic with the BBFC although admittedly the scene does lack certain detail ie you see the knife going in but not actualy making contact. So you never know it might just scrape through in the end. I can't see anything else being cut. The film as a whole is quite restrained in terms of what it does show.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:14 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Considering that New York Ripper, Venus In Furs and Night Train Murders (as Late Night Trains) were all originally rejected for UK cinema the BBFC have come a long way since.
Old 5th December 2007, 03:50 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Phantom Of Death arrived safe and sound with mucho thanks and appreciation.
Old 5th December 2007, 04:50 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ah jolly good - check out the scene where a random dude in a toilet mocks Michael York's hair - it's a scream!

Now I just need to get my finger out of my butt and set up another comp - ah but terrible sleeves beckon - what to do?
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!