Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2007
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2007, 01:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I remember those guys! lol, they used to buy up rights to other companies DVDs and put them out cheap - genius!

The did it with stuff from Tartan like Bundy and Rob Zombie's House of a 1000 Corpses

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 19th December 2007, 08:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Been having a great time during the recent Halloween picking up Hardgore titles at my local Poundland! Cat in the Brain, Deep River Savages, The Red Monks, Turkey Shoot, Creepozoids (and many others) for a paltry quid! Who cares about the quality!! I think they've stop trading now but you can get hold of the Shriek Show catalogue which seems to still be going and seems to be where Hardgore got all there titles from!!
An honourable menton must go to the incredibly dodgy 23rd Century DVDs. Some of the ropiest video to DVD transfers ever. Freaky Fairy Tales, City of the Living Dead, Eaten Alive (all horribly hacked! they made good coasters ) I think trading standards caught up with them eventually but I was well chuffed with a fairly decent copy of The Last Hunter for a quid!!!
David Warbeck on the cover art had to be seen to be believed!!!
Old 19th December 2007, 09:52 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

23rd Century also released the uncut Alice Sweet Alice (aka Communion) complete with the 8 second cut of the cat being swung across the room.

Their release of Gappa The Trifibian (sic) Terror is an essential addition to any film collection.
Old 24th December 2007, 05:44 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Who won? Who won? Who won?
Old 28th December 2007, 03:05 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Don't tell me that 'nun' of us won!
Old 28th December 2007, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Haha... Smooth.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 28th December 2007, 03:33 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Just a bad 'habit' of mine.
Old 28th December 2007, 04:52 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Right so who won this glittering comp? Well really there were only ever four serious entrants so Vincenzo, Sarah and Philleh you are all winners of a copy of Killer Nun. As for Bedorca your Poundland exploits have inspired me to set up a bonus price of the naffest DVD I can find in the office (and that could be something!) I won't be able to mail discs until back in the office beginning of 2008.

All good cases put forward - I remember us chasing Prism so we could get paid (which in the end they did before going bust so thanks for that!) and as for Vipco I discovered many a fine film through them back in VHS and Betamax days so they're well worth a salute.
Old 28th December 2007, 09:16 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Thanks Almar. Have PM'd address.

I've bought Torso and have both Venus In Furs & The Black Cat on order, so I won't be entering the next competitions for prizes. Simply for the fun of it instead.
Old 30th December 2007, 09:03 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Naffest DVD eh? It has to be a 23rd Century one!! I'll keep my eye on the Poundland stock and let you know of any more gems
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!