Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2007

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2008, 11:38 AM
Cultist

Hadn't realised Prism had stopped distributing their DVDs, but it explains why there were loads of them at Poundland lately!!
Old 3rd January 2008, 11:46 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I'm going to have to find myself one of these Poundlands. I had some fun a while back stocking up on old Nu Image tat at The Works but they dried up. Had a look at some 99p DVDs in Tesco but they weren't anything exciting. I can't even remotely understand how these outfits make any money. Not Tesco I hasten to add!
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:11 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

A copy of House By The Cemetery (on the dubious AG Plate label) appears to be surfacing at some Poundland stores of late. I can't confirm whether it's uncut or not though, as the logo displays the equally dubious 23rd Century one.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Right that's it - time to find a Poundland!
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:34 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

They seem to fluctuate in contents from store to store. Some people have definitely picked up films such as Patrick, Turkey Shoot and Strange Behaviour (aka Dead Kids though the film is slightly cut) from Poundland stores. The nearest to me is in Plymouth.

If you can find it then the immortal Giant Spider Invasion has also been spotted in Poundland.
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

My local Poundland was festooned with Hardgore titles last Halloween. I picked up Patrick, Deep River Savages (minus animal cruelty), Nightmares come at Night, Vampire Killer Barbys, Turkey Shoot, Strange Behaviour, Hell Asylum, Cheerleader Massacre, Creepozoids and an absolute garbage US title called Raving Maniacs for a paltry tenner!!! They have jack in there now so may be worth checking them out in October 2008.
Old 3rd January 2008, 06:58 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Poundland are amazing! In one of the shopping precincts in Liverpool there's a Poundland right next door to a Wilkinsons - cheap stuff ahoy!

Alas, I am running out of places to buy cheap trash. I was always a Music Zone girl through and through. Sadly, selling things for a pound resulted in them going into liquidation...
Old 4th January 2008, 01:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Alas I did not win Killer Nun on the forum but can anyone match this...... my wife bought it for me last night online before we settled down for a viewing of Phantom of Death Anyone else have a partner as wonderful as mine?
Old 4th January 2008, 01:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Lol... My ex laughed at Phantom of Death... hence the 'ex' part

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 4th January 2008, 01:41 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

But you did win a random DVD from our office cupboard so send me your address in a private message and I'll post it out today - I'm in a sending mood so Killer Nuns are going out today!
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!