Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2008

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th September 2008, 01:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp!

(Please read all! Thanks!)

Yes, that's right I did say weekly comp! It is NOT a figment of your imagination! Yep, from now on, there will be a WEEKLY COMP (hence this thread's name! lol) for everyone and anyone (as long as they LUV Shameless - but who doesn't eh?) to win a prize! These prizes will almost always be DVDs - and not some crappy ones that nobody gives two hoots about, these are some seriously brilliant titles!

So here's the 1st WEEKLY COMP! Horray! I'll start with one of the easiest comps I've done, IMO, to start the ball rolling . All you have to do is guess what the film is from my truly incredibly beautifully incredibly realistic painting (yeah right! lol) below . Then simply PM me your answer (DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT !!!!!!!! WRITE THE ANSWER HERE - IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR ON EVERYONE! PLEASE!!!!). Easy!

So what's the prize? Well, by jove it's a cracker! Three people will win "King Of New York" SPECIAL EDITION! Very nice indeed! Here's a little about it:

NOW IT'S MY TURN." ? AN UNHERALDED MASTERPIECE RETURNS TO CLAIM THE THRONE OF CRIME MOVIES

Criminally overlooked in the years since its initial theatrical release, the first big budget movie from controversial director Abel Ferrara (Bad Lieutenant; The Driller Killer), KING OF NEW YORK is set to re-establish itself as a gangster genre classic on a par with the likes of Scarface, Goodfellas and The Godfather this September when it is released as a two-disc Special Edition DVD, boasting fully remastered image and audio, plus a definitive audio commentary by Ferrara.

I've got three copies to give away of KING OF NEW YORK (cert. 18) which will be released as a two-disc limited edition steelbook DVD (?17.99) by Arrow Films on 22nd September 2008.

So what you waiting for! The three names to be pulled out of the hat will each win the DVD! So c'mon PM me your answers! Closing date is Friday, when there will be another WEEKLY COMP!

So here's the picture, people;

See told you its not hard lol!

Oh and remember

DON'T WRITE YOUR ANSWER HERE! PM ME!

Good luck everyone!
Old 19th September 2008, 02:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh and also any feedback or comments or Whatever (just NOT the answers! lol) would be greatly appriciated

Thanks! Hope u enjoy!
Old 19th September 2008, 04:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

ALREADY one persons guessed the right answer!
Old 20th September 2008, 06:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've had 3 guesses and they were all bloody wrong.
Thought you said it was easy.
Old 25th September 2008, 07:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hello!!!!!!!!!

So far this comp is going down A STORM! Wohooo! Congrats to everyone who's entered so far, especially to those who got it right Now, there's only a matter of HOURS till the 3 winners are announced and 3 lucky peoples days are made , so you've still got time to enter and possibly win!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 26th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

STOP!

That's it - no more entries, I have JUST this minute pulled out 3 random names from a hat (a trilby hat if you really want to know ). And just to assure you, that this was COMPLETLY ramdom and I was as fair as possible, I even wrote the names on the same sized pieces of paper so that I wouldn't pick up the biggest paper due to someone having a longer name than others. So enough of this talking. Who won? Well the winners are..........

In order I picked them out of the hat.......

HALLOWEEN 22!!!!!!

FUNKTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

And....

SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done you guys - If u just PM me ur addresses I'll forward them onto Almar for you and you'll get your "KING OF NEW YORK" Special Edition DVD quicker than you can say supercalifragalisticexpealidousious (sp?)!

Well done too, to the ppl who entered but wasn't lucky enough to get picked out - there's always next time. And speaking of next time - 'next time' is NOW! So head on over to the NEW weekly comp for another chance to win (remember if u won this week, u can still enter and win the NEW prize!).

Old 26th September 2008, 04:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Whoops, I seemed to have forgotten to put the correct answer! The answer is (or was. Whatever);

FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART II

Like this? Share it using the links below!