Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2009 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=461)
-   -   Weekly Comp - Minder - 20/03/09 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2009/1137-weekly-comp-minder-20-03-09-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th March 2009 08:20 PM

Weekly Comp - Minder - 20/03/09

Hi again everyone! Hope your all well.

Anyways, for this week's comp I've got inspiration from the news. Makes a change - I never watch it! :D But as you may know Google Earth's StreetView has been getting a lot of flack lately. You may also know that if you look hard enough a guy dressed up as Wally (Wheres Wally?) can be found! Pretty cool eh! So, this week, you have to find as many film characters as you can in this Where's Wally picture I've slighty changed.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...s123/wally.jpg

All you need to do is spot as many film characters as you can find, then PM me with the name and/or the film it's from - I'm not fussed. I'm easy ;)

And you could win....

MINDER

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...bnail_3103.jpg

"NEW MINDER'S A REAL BLINDER." DAILY MAIL

Minder, the new six part drama starring Shane Richie comes to DVD in a 2 disc set in March, following its critically acclaimed run on Five. Not a re-make of the original series, which ran for 10 series throughout the 80's, the popular and iconic drama has been revised, re-cast and re-filmed for a modern 21st century audience.

The all-new MINDER (cert. 15) is out now on DVD (£24.99) from Fremantle Home Entertainment. Special Features include: Behind the scenes; deleted scenes; bloopers; promotional trailer; Attic Lights "I Could Be So Good For You' music promo.

WAHEY!

Good luck everyone!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 22nd March 2009 11:06 PM

Just to say - there are a total of 6 movie characters in this picture to spot. :)

Good luck! :D

vipco 23rd March 2009 11:56 AM

Good comp iLuv's.
I enjoyed doing that one.

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd March 2009 12:39 PM

That's inspired! I love the image - it's a film I'd pay to see!

cloud 27th March 2009 05:15 PM

So who are the winners luvmeister?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th March 2009 05:30 PM

Ooooh the weekly comp threads have been moved! 'Cult Labs Competitions' - luvly jubbly!

Thanks for the reminder Cloud, been busy essaying today. Looks like I'll be back on the archive machine tonight - I hate them!:ack:

Anyways - here's this week's comp winners. LIVE - or as live as it can be on a forum. Here goes - and good luck :)

The first name from Mr.Trilby is....

Vipco!

Well done mate. Now the 2nd name is......

Abaddon!

Well done! And the last lucky winner is *insert drum roll here*......

DeadAlive!

Well done to you too!

Sorry to those guys that never won this week, but lady luck was not on your side I guess. There's always next week however, and that comp shall be up uber shortly!

:)

Ooh - looks like DeadAlive is the only member who's address I've got. Vips and Abaddon if you could just PM me the address you wish your prize to be sent to - it'll be on it's way asap. :)

Thanks for entering. Tally-ho!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th March 2009 05:33 PM

Once again I've forgotten to tell you what the answers actually were! :rolf: The 6 films were...

- Donnie Darko

- Ghostbusters

- The Scream trilogy

- The Chucky francise

- The Alien francise

and

- The Robcop series!

:)

cloud 27th March 2009 05:33 PM

To quote Yoda: "iluvdvds, you're a good moderator but you have much to learn" ;).

At least Mark Meakin didn't win though, so a bit of consolation.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th March 2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 24566)
To quote Yoda: "iluvdvds, you're a good moderator but you have much to learn" ;).

Looks like the force wasn't with you today, Cloud :p

vipco 27th March 2009 05:56 PM

Nice one , I won.
Congrats to the other winners and thanks to Almar for the prise and to iLuv's for the imaginative comp's and the time he spends thinking them up.
Thankyou.

Now iLuv's I know your a gamer so why not support the GAMES SECTION and write one of those great reviews of yours, this time on games.?

You to Cloud, how about a PES Review.?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th March 2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 24571)
Nice one , I won.
Congrats to the other winners and thanks to Almar for the prise and to iLuv's for the imaginative comp's and the time he spends thinking them up.
Thankyou.

Now iLuv's I know your a gamer so why not support the GAMES SECTION and write one of those great reviews of yours, this time on games.?

You to Cloud, how about a PES Review.?

Well done mate. :)

I'd love to do some reviews for the new section and will in the future no doubt. Vips, you should write some gaming reviews mate - I'd luv to read them!

mark meakin 28th March 2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 24566)

Knackers Clouders !:D

DeadAlive 29th March 2009 09:01 AM

:D I won for the second time. I must have a few days away more often. (Well at least I feel like I did something this time. :o) You could knock me down with a tissue. I'm so used to not winning I'm amazed.

* I have no issues with iluvdvds impeccable work as a moderator. (Crawl crawl. ;))