Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2009, 03:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Hansel & Gretel - 10/04/2009

IT'S EASTER!!!

So what better way to celebrate with a competition devoted to guy fawks night! Hehehe - I'm just messing - yes this is all about EASTER! So what do you have to do? Well quite simply paint an egg. Yes, paint an egg. I'm sure you must've done some egg painting at easter once in your life before - if not - well here's your chance! All you need to do is use the template below (or one of the interenet) paste it into Paint for example, and away you go. The 3 most creative egghead will win! Easy! Go crazy - a horror film star, character, director, royalty, animal, alien, place, fellow shameless member, ANYTHING! Then just post the picture back on here - it seems easiest to just attach your picture (if you need help doing that try the FAQ or PM me - it's not hard so dont worry)

Enter as many times as you like! The more you enter the more chance you'll have of winning (1 egg entry = 1 name in the trilby. 5 egg entrys = 5x your name in the hat!)

And here's what you lucky people can win this week.....

A FAIRY TALE REBORN Nominated for Best Film at the 2008 Sitges International Fantasy Film Festival HANSEL AND GRETEL is a visually stunning and truly affecting fable about the destruction of childhood dreams, the loss of innocence and the power of the imagination to overcome life's horrors. Thematically and tonally comparable to Guillermo del Toro's ‘Pan's Labyrinth', Juan Antonio Bayona's ‘The Orphanage' and the works of author Angela Carter (The Company Of Wolves), HANSEL AND GRETEL, the latest feature from South Korean writer-director Yim Phil-Sung (Antarctic Journal), takes its initial inspiration from the classic Brothers Grimm story and effectively employs it as the basis to reinvent the fairy tale as a dark and chimerical adult mystery for the modern age.
A dark and gripping fairy tale for adults, HANSEL AND GRETEL is also a feast for the eyes, boasting sumptuous production design by Ryu Seong-hee (The Host; Oldboy) and outstanding cinematography by Kim Ji-yong (Forbidden Quest; A Bittersweet Life).
HANSEL AND GRETEL (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£14.99) by Terracotta Distribution 6th April 2009. Special Features include; ‘Making of' featurette; interview with production designer, Ryu Seong-hee; teaser trailer.

And here's an egg! (You dont HAVE to use this)

Good luck and...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Hansel & Gretel - 10/04/2009-egg.jpg   Weekly Comp - Hansel & Gretel - 10/04/2009-count-crapula.jpg  
Old 10th April 2009, 03:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Is that Ray Reardon?
Old 10th April 2009, 06:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Noel GALL EGG ER
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Hansel & Gretel - 10/04/2009-egg.jpg  

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I'm not yolking. That looks eggs-actly like him.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Here....
THE EGGSTERMINATOR-IF YOU'RE FRYING,I'LL BE BACK......
Attached Thumbnails

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hes a hard boiled egg

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th April 2009, 06:25 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

ta da....this is so poor

FrEGGy Krueger

'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 14th April 2009, 07:40 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Eggscuse me Jim but that is NOT poor! I luv it - and Reapers too! They're cracking!

*Apologies for the terrible 'puns'!*
Old 15th April 2009, 06:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Eggsactly! Eggsellent puns iluvdvds. You are an eggsellent mod so you are.

I was gonna name this one after a forum member I dislike but I better not . It's called 'knobegg'.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Hansel & Gretel - 10/04/2009-knobhead.jpg  
Old 15th April 2009, 10:22 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Eggstremely good. Egg-shell-ent really. All originals too. Nobody's poached any.

Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!