Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2009, 01:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - 20TH CENTURY BOYS! - 15/05/2009

Afternoony everybody! Hope everythings groovy with you all.

Now, down to buisness winning stuff! Ok, this week, I'd thought I'd slightly mix it up a bit. This week's comp is going to be split into three sections, the 1st one ending Monday, the 2nd Wednesday and the last on Friday. Don't worry, it's not complicated (it never is!) it probably is just the way I'm explaining things. Also, for this week, I've changed the way you guys can win things, rather than being selected randomly, this week the winner will be picked for being the most correct!

But first things first - the prize! What's up for grabs today? Well feast your eyes on this baby!

20th CENTURY BOYS

"RIVALS THE BIGGEST AND BEST OF HOLLYWOOD" – NEO It's been creating a buzz of anticipation since its production was first announced in late-2006 and now 20TH CENTURY BOYS, the first instalment of the epic live-action trilogy adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's hit manga series, is finally coming to DVD.
Directed by Yukihiko Tsutsumi (Sushi King Goes To New York; Happily Ever After; Keizoku: The Movie) and starring Toshiaki Karasawa (Casshern), 20TH CENTURY BOYS' epic storyline spans 50 years and several continents, factors that necessitated a budget of 6 billion yen for the trilogy – an unprecedented figure for the Japan film industry.

A national phenomenon in Japan and a huge hit internationally, Urasawa's 24-volume sci-fi fantasy manga has sold over 20 million copies worldwide, with the film attaining similar success by becoming one of the country's biggest box office hits of 2008.

20TH CENTURY BOYS (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£19.99) by 4Digital Asia on 4th May 2009. Special Features include: 24-page book; Japan Premiere Documentary (64 mins approx); Paris Premiere Featurette (20 mins approx); Cast Interviews (22 mins approx); UK Trailer (2 mins approx); Japanese Trailers (5 mins approx).

Great! Now, to win this all you have to do is guess how many coins (not the value) are in this box pictured below. If you really want to know, the box is 13.5cm x 13.5cm and 6cm deep! Just post your answers below and the closest to get it, by Monday will win 20th Century Boys! Simple! Each person can guess up to three times (I'd recommened spreading these guesses out rather than all in one post, to see what others think).

Good luck!
Old 15th May 2009, 03:42 PM
Active Cultist

210 is my first guess!
Old 15th May 2009, 04:55 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Think I'll go for 256.
Old 15th May 2009, 05:53 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

160 thats my first guess
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 15th May 2009, 06:06 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm going for 298!
Old 15th May 2009, 06:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'll hazard a guess at 120.
Old 16th May 2009, 09:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

136 is my first guess.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:03 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

248 for my 2nd guess
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 16th May 2009, 03:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

154 for my second guess.
Old 16th May 2009, 05:07 PM
Cult Rookie

im gonna go for 351
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!