Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2009, 10:36 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp -CUTIE HONEY! - 08/05/2009

Hi all!

Hope everyone's okay and fluless. Now, down to buisness. As you can tell from the title, this comp's prize is 'to be certified' but I'll let you know as soon as I can what you'll be winning!

Anyways, how to win whatever you might win (!). Easy - as always! I've drawn a picture of one of my new favourite films! I only got it monday and have lost count of how many times I've seen it! I truly do luv it! So, all you need to do is guess what the film is, then PM me with the answer as soon as you think you know it. Unlimited guesses rememeber!

Here's the picture (!) The new Picaso!

Here's a clue (in case you need it!) - this film was given away on one of these weekly comps before! That should narrow it down

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Old 8th May 2009, 09:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not talking to you wee man......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th May 2009, 01:39 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hehehe! What have I done Reaps?
Old 9th May 2009, 06:01 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Is it a photo of Gordon Brown's new and improved cabinet?
Old 11th May 2009, 09:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Hehehe! What have I done Reaps?
An Oscar winning screenplay at with Cloudo being the brunt of it and you snubbed it?
You + Me = Finito.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th May 2009, 02:14 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Sorry Reaps! I couldn't pick out of all the entries in the comp so I had to pick the winners randomly again. Your screenplay was brilliant. Ahh! Am I forgiven?
Old 14th May 2009, 12:06 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

As you can see with the exciting new thread title change this week's prize has been picked by Almar! And it is....

CUTIE HONEY

"AN EXPLOSION OF CAMP PLEASURES AND CANDY-COATED, COMIC-BOOK GIDDINESS." – VARIETY Cinematic guilty pleasures of the bubblegum-flavoured variety don't come any more fun or satisfying than the superhero fantasy flick, CUTIE HONEY, in which the irresistible heroine of the popular Japanese manga and anime series is brought to vivid life in an effervescent eruption of exquisite eye candy.
Directed with enthusiastic verve by legendary anime director Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and starring model-turned-actress Eriko Sato (Funuke Show Some Love, You Losers!) and Mikako Ichikawa (Memories Of Matsuko), CUTIE HONEY is a shamelessly entertaining antidote to the recent spate of depressingly serious superhero flicks that have been gracing out screens lately (we're looking at you, Dark Knight and Watchmen!).

Described as a "high energy Japanese adventure comedy" by the New York Times and as "damn good fun" by Asian Cinema Drifter, CUTIE HONEY's cheeky combination of "Charlie's Angels" attitude, "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" fantasy and "Austin Powers"-style comedy adds up to a fun and wacked out spectacle that is impossible to resist.

CUTIE HONEY (cert. tbc) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by MVM on 11th May 2009. Special Features include: Making of Cutie Honey; stills gallery; original trailers.

Now THAT's a great DVD!

Good luck
Old 14th May 2009, 03:25 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Iluv that drawing!

Highly entertaining prize btw - with bath scene!
Old 14th May 2009, 04:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Sorry Reaps! I couldn't pick out of all the entries in the comp so I had to pick the winners randomly again. Your screenplay was brilliant. Ahh! Am I forgiven?
Yeah okay mate.....

Old 15th May 2009, 12:59 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Competition

So it's friday! The start and end of a weekly comp. And here are this weeks randomly selected winners in order of me pulling them out of the hat right now

Ok good luck everyone!

The winners are....

1) Eiren!

2) Mark Meakin!

and

3) Spooks!

Well done you three. You've just got your mits on Cutie Honey! Sorry to those who never got it this time - bad luck - there's always the next one

Oh, and the answer to this week's comp was in fact.... THE FORBIDDEN ZONE! Wahey!

Like this? Share it using the links below!