Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2009, 11:49 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp! - THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY! - 19/06/09

Yep, that's right! This week's weekly comp's prize is Lucio Fulci's masterpiece THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, completly UNCUT in the UK for the first ever time, beautifully restored, complete with a luvly bunch of extras (including a Fulci documentary and a previously UNSEEN deleted scene). Here's some more info on this gem...

YOU MAY JUST HAVE MORTGAGED YOUR LIFE!

True horror fans prepare to rejoice! The undead spirit of the "video nasty" and some of the best examples of Italian exploitation cinema are about to be raised from the grave and reborn on DVD courtesy of Arrow Video's forthcoming Masters of Giallo imprint.
The first bloody batch, hitting the shelves on 29th June 2009, gives a much-welcomed new lease of life to three of the genre's most revered classics – Lucio Fulci's THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, Lamberto Bava's MACABRE and Dario Argento's SLEEPLESS. Released completely uncut on DVD for the first time in the UK, each film comes with an unholy host of brand new extras, along with two-sided sleeve inserts featuring all-new, specially commissioned exploitation artwork plus the film's original release artwork. Finally paying these movies their due respects after far too long, these releases are everything an insatiably hungry horror fan could ask for. As a special bonus, each release also comes complete with a poster featuring the brand new art.

Gore-master Lucio Fulci's zombie classic THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY sees Dr. Norman Boyle rather ill-advisedly accepting a research assignment previously abandoned by a suicidal former colleague and moving his family into a creaky old mansion (unsurprisingly situated next to a cemetery!) in New England. It's not long before his young son begins repeating some dire warnings from his new "imaginary" friend relating to the house's bloody past and its equally ominous future. Meanwhile, Boyle's investigation into his colleague's death has unearthed the diabolical history of the house's original tenant, a deranged surgeon with a penchant for illegal experimentation and the benefits of flesh-eating immortality. Hey, what's that noise coming from the cellar? Cue maggot-riddled zombies, flesh-piercing pointy things, decapitation and much more.

THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99, tbc) by Arrow Video on 29th June 2009. Special Features include: Fulci in the House: The Italian Master of Splatter; photo gallery; US theatrical trailer; international theatrical ; US TV spot; deleted scene.

But how can you be one of the 3 winners this week? Well, let's talk about basements. I'm sure you know no matter what, Don't Go In The Basement! Films are full of monsters in the basement from this film's Freudstein zombie to Home Alone's heating machine thing.

So all you need to do is say what is the thing that you would be terrified to find in your basement (figurtively if you don't really have one! ) Simple! The 3 funniest, most laugh out loud, original entries will each win this brilliant DVD (or the funniest will be placed into a hat and randomly picked next friday!)

Good luck and go that extra mile!

Old 19th June 2009, 12:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anne Widdicome and Margret Thatcher in latex wearing strap ons!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 19th June 2009, 12:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I can think of 4 things that would horrify me to find down there

My Ex Mother In Law, Seeing her was bad enough never mind finding her living with me and rent free!!

Antony Worrel Thompson Naked, with mint leave over his Parts and a strawberry in his mouth, Wagging his finger at me and telling me I forgot to add something to my latest Strawberry Flan!!

A Vampire with my Donor Card and an empty glass winking at me!!

A Girls Aloud concert live in my basement with no escape
Old 19th June 2009, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Anne Widdicome and Margret Thatcher in latex wearing strap ons!
AAAHHHHHHHH !.He's won all three copies at a stroke !
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My cat................... considering it's been dead for a while now.

or

A full unedited list of Politician's expense claims would put the willies up me too..... as well as make me even more angry with the grabbing B******s than I already am.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:20 PM
Active Cultist

You walk down into the basement and there's Joseph Fritzel watching Jade Goody on television while wearing a Super Mario costume and holding a big plunger.

I'm getting chills just thinking about it now...
Old 23rd June 2009, 05:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A pig in a Sombrero with a nasty cough!!
Old 24th June 2009, 06:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
A pig in a Sombrero with a nasty cough!!
That will have me laughing all morning the image is Just Pure class

Old 24th June 2009, 07:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

A bank of TV's and a chair to be strapped into with Uwe Boll films playing on a continuous loop.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 24th June 2009, 10:30 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

John Beyer conducting a voodoo ritual to resurrect Mary Whitehouse as a super censorship zombie.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!