Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2009, 01:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - STREET FIGHTER 5 Disc Boxset! - 10/07/09

Hello!

For this week's comp we're giving away a SUPER boxset! 5 discs! Therefore, since it's such a big prize this week, we've had to limit it to only 2 winners, rather than 3 like normal. So, it's going to be even tougher! But before I tell you how you can win, here's some info WAHEY!

For the first time ever all of the classic Street Fighter anime movies are collected into one thrilling box set in, STREET FIGHTER: 5 DISC MOVIE COLLECTION, with the added inclusion of the first Street Fighter Digital Comic as a bonus exclusive disc. This special edition box set also features brand new art from the Street Fighter comic creators at Udon Comics.
STREET FIGHTER: 5 DISC MOVIE COLLECTION (cert.15) is out to buy on DVD (£24.99) from 29th June 2009, courtesy of Manga Entertainment. The box set includes; Streetfighter 2 The Movie (Director's Cut), Street Fighter Alpha The Movie, Street Fighter Alpha Generations and Street Fighter The Digital Comic.

Told you - this is one meaty package

Now, here's how you win. A bit complicated this one - but it's the only way, I could make it work ! Now, below I've made 6 characters, who at the end of the week, will each face each other in a big, Street Fighter-stylee fight! And it's your job to place a bet on a character. Each fighting character will have 2 people betting on them (first come first served), and, ofcourse, the 2 people who bet on the winning character at the end of the week, will each win this fantastic box set! Simple!

Now, here's the tricky part (hopefully, you understand what I mean at this moment! ), each character starts of with 20 points. This is there strength, their power etc. The more points the character has, the more chance it has off thrashing and beating the living daylights out of it's apponents! But, how do you get more points? Quite simply, once we've worked out whos 'betting' on who, then I'll PM each team of two (the two betting on the same character) a list of films. THEN (!), back on this thread, the other teams, have to guess what that film is, by asking a series of questions, such as, is it a zombie film? Does it star so and so? Etc. (ofcourse the question 'what is it?' is bannned ). They can't lie about the answer, but they can keep their answers to a minimum. Each question asked, loses the asking team 1 point. Each film a team gets right, they get 5 points! Numbers can go into minuses, so don't worry.

The team of two who managed to get the most films correct, in the fewest questions (getting the most points) will win this boxset (as their character will be the strongest). Simple! Kind of

If that doesn't make any sense what so ever - just ask, I'll try my best to explain it better

Ok, so here's your choices....

VS.

Place your bets people!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - STREET FIGHTER 5 Disc Boxset! - 10/07/09-sleeve_3191%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 10th July 2009, 01:24 PM
Active Cultist

I bet on Grizzly Sumo.
Old 10th July 2009, 01:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Nice choice Neil
Old 10th July 2009, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i bet on karate rex
Old 10th July 2009, 03:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'll bet on Susie the Robot
Old 10th July 2009, 03:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

II bet on my boy GW BUSH.

Thats some prize Kyle, I see they're all 3 ways mate, your getting Villa Mentality LOL

Good Luck Everyone.
Old 10th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Grizzly Sumo for me.I have a good feeling on this one !.
Old 10th July 2009, 06:59 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok, I'll keep it all tidy in one reply to avoid any confusion.

At this moment we have:

Bad Boy Baguette - No one! (I'm surprised - would've thought he'd be most popular after looking at the Shoutbox )

The Grizzly Sumo - Neil & Mark Meakin - you're one team now - no one else can bet on this character now.

The Boxing Bush - our man Vipco

The Amazing Failure - Why am I NOT surprised no one's betting on Brown!

The randomly named Susie - supported with Gold6082

and Karate-Rex (bad pun!) - is with Gag!

Yellow = 2 people required

Orange = Join me!

Red= Full - sod off!

If it turns out we need more characters, I'll make some more.
Old 10th July 2009, 08:50 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Ill go for susie if theres still a spot.
Old 10th July 2009, 08:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Go on, I'll go for the baguette then, as I am an avid supporter of French baked goods as well as French horror cinema

Like this? Share it using the links below!