Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2009, 10:58 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - AMSTERDAMNED!!! - 25/09/09

Morning everyone! Hope you're well this sunny friday.

As you can see, this week's prize is none other than the simply amazing AMSTERDAMNED!!! Three cheers! Due for release Monday, this is a film not to be missed IMO. The speedboat chase is great! And it's pretty gory too!

Here's some more on the film

Title:
Amsterdamned
Label: Nouveaux Pictures
Release date: 28th September 2009
Certificate: 15
Running time:
Price: £19.99
Director: Dick Maas
Stars: Hube Stapel, Monique van de Ven

"SHEER SHOCK-HORROR BRILLIANCE." – FILM REVIEW

Written and directed by Dick Maas (Silent Witness; The Shaft), the cult classic action-thriller AMSTERDAMNED comes to DVD for the first time ever in the UK this September, totally uncut, courtesy of Nouveaux Pictures and Cine-Excess.

Rarely seen in the two decades since its original release, AMSTERDAMNED was a box office sensation in its home territory of the Netherlands and quickly established itself as a cult favourite amongst horror and thriller fans elsewhere in the world.

When the brutally mutilated body of a hooker is discovered suspended from a bridge in the heart of Amsterdam's popular tourist district the city's police fear the worst. Within days further murders confirm their suspicions – a serial killer is on the loose and is using the vast network of canals to traverse the city before dragging unsuspecting victims to their watery graves and escaping detection by hiding in the darkness beneath the surface.

Fearing an outbreak of mass hysteria and a serious blow to the tourist trade should the news break to the public, the mayor demands swift action from the authorities. The police respond by assigning their best man, Detective Visser (Hube Stapel), to the case. Figuring the killer must be someone with scuba diving experience, Visser begins his investigation at the city's principal sub-aqua club where he meets and befriends an attractive woman diver, Laura (Monique van de Ven), and her therapist, who was also once a diving enthusiast. Meanwhile, as the body count begins to rise, Visser's adolescent daughter and her school friend have unwisely decided to try and track down the killer themselves.

Directed with considerable flair by Dick Maas, AMSTERDAMNED is a taut, suspenseful thriller boasting a rich vein of black humour (in particular some humorous nods to "Jaws") and several memorable set-pieces, including a much-lauded and extremely gripping speedboat chase through Amsterdam's narrow waterways.

AMSTERDAMNED (Cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£19.99) by Nouveaux Pictures on 28th September 2009. Special Features include: "Making of" featurette; Dutch (with English subtitles) and English dub audio options; Dutch trailer; English trailer.

But how do you go about winning such an awesome prize?

Well, here's how....

Since this film is Dutch and therefore it's original language is Dutch and not English (although for people who hate sub-titles, you can chose to have an English Dub if you want), I thought I'd play around with that.

Sooooo, below is a list of 10 film titles. HOWEVER, I've changed the names a bit - they still mean (roughly) the same as their original titles, they've just been altered a bit into some strange almost foreign (DUTCH!) title. Here's what I mean:

If one of the 'titles' below was, for example "The Malevolence Deceased" then you'd have to figure out what the real film title actually is. In this case, the answer would be "The Evil Dead" since Malevolence is basically a synonym of the word Evil, just as 'Deceased' is to 'Dead'!

Got it?

Then as soon as you know the answer simply PM me it and we'll go from there. The 3 people to get the most titles correct will each win this excellent film on DVD!

Remember, once again, ANYONE can enter and you can guess as much as you like!

Right, so here are the 10 titles.......

1) – The Chosen Sufferer

2) – The Immoral Midget

3) – Do Not Depart Within The Forest...Unaccompanied

4) – Metropolitan Of The Livelihood Departed

5) - The Young Woman Who Knew Excessively A Great Deal

6) – The High Quality, The Appalling Plus The Repulsive

7) – Timepiece Me While I Exterminate

8) – Unawakeing Loveliness

9) - The Stony Terror Portrait Demonstrate

10) - Quiet Hours Of Darkness, Lethal Hours Of Darkness

Good luck

Oh and winner's will be annouced next friday!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - AMSTERDAMNED!!! - 25/09/09-pic1_3250.jpg   Weekly Comp - AMSTERDAMNED!!! - 25/09/09-pic2_3250.jpg   Weekly Comp - AMSTERDAMNED!!! - 25/09/09-pic3_3250.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 30th September 2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Me likey this quiz!!

Sent you my, hopefully correct, answers!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th September 2009, 05:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

yeah great idea kyle!!

just sent my answers in
Old 26th September 2009, 11:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

wont have much time till mond i think i know half the other half i need to think about
Old 26th September 2009, 04:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll post mine in on Monday.

Good un Snuffy.
Old 27th September 2009, 05:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i reccon ive got 9 correct just 1 i got an answer for but im not 100% if its the right answer in a way it fits and doesnt fit if u get my meaning

Ps gr8 comp this wk
Old 28th September 2009, 05:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

OK just sent my answers in

Last edited by Gigantor; 28th September 2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:20 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

think I've got 9,I'll probabaly kick myself when i get the answer to the one i can't get......scratch that,i think i've got them all lol
Old 28th September 2009, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

im not saying how many i got right r wrong, but 1 i new the answer but gave a different, reason because the film strays away from films that arent related to horrors or style of films related to the site so i gave a dif answer should have stuck with my instincts
Old 28th September 2009, 11:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Entry sent. Nice idea for a quiz - liked it.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!