Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:56 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - I Sell The Dead! - 23/10/09

HI THERE!

So it's friday! The start of the weekend (well nearly ) and what better way to start the end of the week with another weekly comp!

And what an excellent prize we have today! The last film in our little 'zombie trilogy' is the superb Hammer-esque I SELL THE DEAD (check out my review in the blogs I did a while back for more info)

Speaking of which...here's some more info!

Title: I Sell The Dead
Label: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Release date: 19th October 2009
Certificate: 18
Running time:
Price: £15.99 (DVD)/£24.99 (Blu-Ray)
Director: Glenn McQuaid
Stars: Dominic Monaghan, Ron Perlman, Angus Scrimm, Larry Fessenden

"A JAUNTILY GOTHIC PERIOD SPOOK STORY… SMART, GRUESOME AND INVENTIVE…" – FILM MONTHLY

Winner of the Best Independent Feature Award at Toronto's After Dark Film Festival, the horror-comedy I SELL THE DEAD is a witty, affectionate and beautifully envisioned homage to the bloody, fog-bound classic horror films produced by Amicus and Hammer during the 1950s and 60s.

The debut feature from writer-director Glenn McQuaid, the film stars Dominic Monaghan (X-Men Origins: Wolverine; Lost; The Lord Of The Rings trilogy), Ron Perlman (Hellboy II: The Golden Army; Outlander), Angus Scrimm (Alias; the Phantasm films) and actor-director Larry Fessenden (The Last Winter, Wendigo) in the comically macabre tale of Arthur Blake (Monaghan) and Willie Grimes (Fessenden), two bumbling grave robbers whose exploits involving both the dead and the undead prove to be their undoing.

It is the 18th Century and the long arm of the law has finally reached out and caught hold of grave robbers Arthur Blake and his mentor Willie Grimes. On the eve of his execution by guillotine for his body-snatching crimes, young Blake decides to tell his story to the local priest, Father Duffy (Perlman), who has come to visit him in his cell. Recounting the dark tale of his fifteen years in the ghoul business, Blake recalls how he first met and became partners with seasoned grave robber Willie Grimes and how they came to be the chief suppliers of fresh corpses to the fiendish Dr. Vernon Quint (Scrimm). The pair's grisly adventures eventually see them becoming involved in a feud with a rival gang of grave robbers, the notorious Murphy family, and discovering that there is one branch of their business even more lucrative than selling the dead: selling the undead. But finding, capturing and delivering vampires, zombies and other creatures of the night prove to be far more difficult tasks than they first imagined.

"Hammeresque shivers give way to Abbot and Costello-style slapstick" (New York Times) as Blake and Grimes stumble from one chilling encounter to the next in McQuaid's hugely atmospheric and very funny horror-comedy romp.

I SELL THE DEAD (cert. tbc) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Anchor Bay Entertainment on 19th October 2009 and on Blu-ray (£24.99) on 2nd November 2009. Special Features include: audio commentary by director Glenn McQuaid; audio commentary by stars Dominic Monaghan and Lerry Fessenden; The making of I Sell The Dead featurette; I Sell The Dead visual effects.

But how do you win this? SIMPLES!

All you need to do is guess which famous 3 people have become zombies in the pictures below. Think you know? Simply Private Message me your answers! And badda-bing badda-boom you'll be put into the hat and may very well have your name randomly picked out next friday.

Remember, ANYONE CAN ENTER and there's no limit to guesses. I also give clues if you're stuck.

Here's the pics:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - I Sell The Dead! - 23/10/09-pic1_3257.jpg   Weekly Comp - I Sell The Dead! - 23/10/09-pic2_3257.jpg   Weekly Comp - I Sell The Dead! - 23/10/09-pic3_3257.jpg   Weekly Comp - I Sell The Dead! - 23/10/09-pic4_3257.jpg   Weekly Comp - I Sell The Dead! - 23/10/09-pic5_3257.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2009, 02:37 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Mmm - I wish I could say I made those 3 pictures from scratch. But sadly, that's not true. lol!

In fact, CHANGE OF PLAN! Rather than guessing JUST who those 3 are, why not make your own damn zombies! It's easy, just go to the Zombieland website, or click here to go straight to it...http://http://zombify-yourself.net/

Then, post up your zombifyed pictures! Now, don't say who you've zombifyed on here. Instead, PM me who it is.

Next, everyone has to guess who everyone elses zombie/s is/are. As soon as you've got the answers - PM me them. This way it's not just me supplying the zombies, and we could have a whole heap of famous zombies!
Old 23rd October 2009, 05:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

heres an easy one i think

Last edited by Kyle; 28th October 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 23rd October 2009, 06:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Great website link iluv - I've just been zombifying myself!

Maybe we should have a thread for everyone to post pics of themselves zombified... as I see Mr Slicer has already done a good job of it!
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i think thats a great idea BE you should start one
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Last edited by Kyle; 28th October 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Last edited by Kyle; 28th October 2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I cant make them, im using my PS3.

I tried the wifes laptop and, well lets just say i've the same problem with that as using a PC or keyboard.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Last edited by Kyle; 28th October 2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 26th October 2009, 05:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

How many of you have access (and know how to use! ) a camera at the moment? As for the next comp, I was thinking (since it'll be halloweeny) of doing the best Pumpking competition. But ofcourse, if no one can upload their pictures, or if no one wants to carve a pumpkin this halloween, then it's pretty stupid - so I thought I'd ask in advance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!