Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2009, 02:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default The Bronx Warriors Trilogy!!! - Weekly Comp - 27/11/09

Hey there!

Prepare to hold onto your socks, your hair, your hearts and anything and everything likely to explode with excitement! Yep, this week's prize is Shameless's own and unbelievably AWESOME DVD Tin Boxset of The Bronx Warriors Trilogy!

I got mine in the post today and I cannot tell you just how blown away I was. It's sooo fricking georgeous. Honestly, it's the best DVD package I've gotten all year I'd say. It's just sooo...mmmmmmm!

'Shutup Kyle - stop delaying us! How do we win this beauty?!'

Hold your horses! Here's some more info (as if you need it! )

Title: The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
Label: Shameless Screen Entertainment
Release date: 7th December 2009
Certificate: 18
Running time:
Price: £29.99
Director: Enzo G. Castellari
Stars: Vic Morrow, Fred Williamson, Mark Gregory, Henry Silva, George Eastman

WAH!

A TRIPLE-BILL OF POST-APOCALYPTIC CARNAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE ORIGINAL "THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS", TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.

In December 2009, Italian director Enzo G.Castellari (director of the original "The Inglorious Bastards") and Shameless Screen Entertainment present, together for the first time ever, Castellari's complete post-apocalyptic vision on DVD in THE BRONX WARRIORS TRILOGY, an exclusive three-disc collection featuring the cult classics THE BRONX WARRIORS, its sequel ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX and THE NEW BARBARIANS.
The three-disc set comes packaged in a limited edition special collector's tin and includes reversible sleeves for each individual title. Additional special features include an introduction to the films by Castellari, plus an all-new 20-minute interview with the director. As an extra bonus for fans, the version of ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX included in the set is a newly restored anamorphic widescreen presentation complete with a Shameless rebuild edit that represents what is believed to be the most complete version of the film available anywhere.

The Bronx Warriors

In the year 1990 the Bronx is officially declared a no man's land. The authorities have given up all attempts to restore law and order leaving the area to be ruled by a gang known as the Riders. Into this wasteland comes Anne, a 17-year-old heiress to an arms business who, unable to contain her guilt over having to inherit the business, has run away. She soon finds herself under the protection of the Riders' leader, Trash. But, determined to get Ann back, executives at the Manhattan Corporation have hired a ruthless, psychopathic mercenary to infiltrate the Bronx and turn the gang members against each other.

Escape From The Bronx
Several years after the events of The Bronx Warriors, Trash, the former leader of the Riders gang is now a cynical loner, remaining in the Bronx and trading in stolen ammunition. The General Construction Corporation wishes to tear down the Bronx to turn it into "the city of the future", but to do this they need to clear the current population from the area and have employed a private squad of "Disinfestors" to burn, shoot and gas those that will not leave willingly. While the bums, vagrants and elderly prove to be easy prey, the warrior gangs of the Bronx are not prepared to go quietly.

The New Barbarians
The year is 2019 and a nuclear war has reduced humanity to small groups of starving survivors. Among them is a ruthless gang calling themselves the Templars, who intend to purge the earth by exterminating what is left of the human race. The only hope for the survivors lies with a former Templar, known as Scorpion, and his band of allies who are prepared to fight the Templars in one final showdown.

THE BRONX WARRIORS TRILOGY (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£29.99) by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 7th December 2009.

Special Features

The Bronx Warriors

Remastered anamorphic widescreen presentation; "Warriors, Barbarians and Basterds" – all-new 20-minute interview with Enzo G. Castellari and editor Gianfranco Amicucci; Enzo G. Castellari's introduction of his films; Shameless Fact Track by Paul Alaoui; original film trailers and alternate credits; Collector's Gallery from archive materials.

Escape From The Bronx

New, restored, anamorphic widescreen version; Shameless rebuild edit; Shameless Fact Track by Paul Alaoui; alternative film trailers and credits; 20 Shameless trailers.

The New Barbarians
Anamorphic widescreen presentation; director Enzo G. Castellari's introduction of his films; Shameless Fact Track by Paul Alaoui; international trailer; The Argent Trailer Park – Nuns, Cowboys and Heroes.

I seriously cannot tell you just how AWESOME this prize is! I luv it!

IT'S SOOO YUMMY!

Right, shut up Kyle and get on with it!

Here's how to win it.

A metal tin. Metal. Mmm. HEAVY METAL! Below is a Heavy Metal band (!) I've put together on Paint - you have to do 3 things (since there's 3 films in the boxset)

1) Guess all 4 film characters costumed in Heavy Metal gear correctly

2) Answer the 4 questions about the characters below

3) Prey! And prey you win this awesome DVD!

Here's the pic:

And the questions:

1) What is the name of the great animator of the film which the 'drummer' comes from.

2) The actor who voices the Kiss inspired guitarist appeared in which TWO horror remakes in 2007?

3) How old was the actor who played the 'lead singer' character?

4) According to the film's poster (that the other guitarist is from) what does she turn her lovers into?

Once you've got the answers simply PM me!

If your stuck or are not quite sure - no problemo at all! I always give hints and big clues so don't worry

And remember anyone can enter and there's no limits to gueses!

Good luck guys!

Winners will be announced next friday randomly from a hat.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bronx Warriors Trilogy!!! - Weekly Comp - 27/11/09-pic1_3348.jpg   The Bronx Warriors Trilogy!!! - Weekly Comp - 27/11/09-pic2_3348.jpg   The Bronx Warriors Trilogy!!! - Weekly Comp - 27/11/09-pic3_3348.jpg   The Bronx Warriors Trilogy!!! - Weekly Comp - 27/11/09-pic4_3348.jpg  
Old 27th November 2009, 02:03 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh and just for fun - anyone know which Metal God the lead singer is based on?

XD
Old 27th November 2009, 03:42 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Would that be Rob Halford of Judas Priest ?
Old 27th November 2009, 08:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I think you mean THE Rob Halford of THE Judas Priest Stevoj! But yeah that's the one! :P
Old 28th November 2009, 01:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Haha ok, THE Rob Halford of THE Judas Priest
Old 28th November 2009, 02:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

That's more like it!
Old 29th November 2009, 10:34 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hi there!

I've just recieved some very interesting news from Almar.

Basically, HMV have demanded to have as much of these Bronx Warriors boxsets as possible! So, unfortionatly, only ONE can be given away this week!

But, don't worry! Here's the plan. Firstly, continue to submit your answers to the above questions. Then, those people that got all answers correct will be posted up on here Friday. Then, rather than me picking from a trilby hat, I'll post a question up. A sort of tie-breaker. It'll probably be something very random and one which requires a good guess. So whoever guesses the answer correctly FIRST will win this prize!

It's going to be a tough one!
Old 29th November 2009, 10:44 AM
Cult Rookie

Aaaargh! It's all too nail bitingly stressful for me! You do realise I'm going to have to sit here from 12am Friday morning waiting for the tie-breaker
I fear my head will explode
Old 29th November 2009, 10:53 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Just make sure you wear a Christmas hat!

Sorry guys - I know it's going to be a really really tough one - that's why I've decided not to randomly pick it - I don't want all the pressure! Ahh!
Old 29th November 2009, 10:55 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Damn,that's awful news.Oh well the most important thing is that it seems to be flying off the pr-erder shelves.lol yeah we'll all be on here constantly waiting for that tie-breaker to appear

Like this? Share it using the links below!