Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th December 2009, 12:12 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09

Ho ho ho! Merry christmas cult-labians!

Welcome to another weekly comp and boy what a great prize we've got this week, to celebrate christmas!

I'm sure you've all seen the film before (if not shame, shame, shame on you - HERE'S YOUR CHANCE!), but have you seen THIS version, THE re-mastered and all luvly-jubbly crystal clear and sparklingly gogeous version? No! So shut up and enter!

As the thread title says you can choose whether you would like to have the new blu-ray or the new DVD of this, just incase you haven't got a blu-ray player

So, here's a bit more info (as if you needed it!)

Title: Suspiria
Label: Nouveaux Pictures/Cine-Excess
Release date: 18th January 2010
Certificate: 18
Running time:
Price: £15.99 (DVD)/£19.99 (Blu-Ray)
Director: Dario Argento
Stars: Jessica Harper, Alida Valli

" A STUNNING MAKEOVER FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST HORROR FILMS EVER MADE." – DAVID EDWARDS, DAILY MIRROR.

Dario Argent's horror classic SUSPIRIA comes to DVD and, for the first time ever, Blu-ray in January 2010 having undergone a brand new high definition transfer courtesy of Nouveaux Pictures and Cine-Excess. Digitally remastered from HD, this brand new presentation has already led critics to claim, "Suspiria has never looked better. It has never sounded as good, either." (John Millar, Film Critic, Sunday Mail) and to hail it as "a stunning makeover for one of the greatest horror films ever made." (David Edwards, Daily Mirror).

Both formats also come with a host of newly commissioned extras including a brand new documentary featuring director Dario Argento and composer Claudio Simonetti and a feature length audio commentary by Argento experts Alan Jones and Kim Newman.

Inspired by Thomas De Quincey's Suspiria de Profundis and co-written by Argento and his long-term partner Daria Nicolodi, SUSPIRIA is Argento's undisputed masterpiece of Grand Guignol horror, hitting new peaks of terror through its stunning photography (courtesy of Luciano Tovoli), eye-popping production design and terrifying atmosphere of dread and death.

Suzy Bannion (Jessica Harper) is an American ballet student, travelling to Germany to study at an exclusive dance academy in the Black Forest. After one of the students and her friend are hideously murdered in the first of Argento's breath-catching set-piece killings, Suzy discovers that the academy has a bizarre history and, as the body count rises, she gets involved in a hideous labyrinth of murder, black magic and madness.

Utilising complex lighting systems, intense film processing techniques, wire-guided cameras and multi-layer music recording (highlighting a superb Goblin score), Argento paints a masterpiece of terror on a technically impeccable canvas.

SUSPIRIA (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Nouveaux Pictures on 18th January 2010. Special Features include: "Fear At 400 Degrees: The Cine-Excess Of Suspiria" documentary featuring director Dario Agento and composer Claudio Simonetti; audio commentary by leading Dario Argento experts Alan Jones and Kim Newman; "Suspiria Perspectives" featuring Claudio Simonetti, Norman J. Warren and Patricia McCormack.

I FREAKING LOVE THIS TRAILER!

HOW DO I WIN THIS DAMNIT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Since it's Christmas tomorrow, I thought let's get all christmassy again. So, all you need to do is submit (on this thread) the WORST present you've ever recieved or given. It could be from this year's xmas, or indeed a past one. It doesn't really matter. What is your absolute worst and crappiest present ever?

The three funniest/saddest entries will be chosen (by moi) next friday and each will recieve this excellent DVD/Blu-Ray!

Dah dah!

So, get entering everyone!

Here's a few pictures and some luvly posters too:
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-pic1_122.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-pic2_122.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-pic3_122.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-pic4_122.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-pic5_122.jpg  

Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-suspiria-.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-suspiria-e.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-suspiria-c.jpg   Weekly Comp - SUSPIRIA (Blu-Ray AND DVD!) - 24/12/09-suspiria-b.jpg  
Old 24th December 2009, 12:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

When I was 8 years old I got a pink satin blouse from my Grandma
Old 24th December 2009, 12:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Did you wear it Gigantor?

How about this one (not an entry I know! Booo! I'll have to buy it!) - a good few years back I actually bought my mum, for Christmas, a box of paperclips and staples!

Hopefully this prize will make up for any crap presents
Old 24th December 2009, 12:44 PM
Cult Rookie

A friend of mine gives strange presents to her family (and occasionally me.) Amongst her gems have been toilet duck and vitamin tablets.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:46 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Vitamins AND a toilet duck! Well, I guess that make sense - helps with digestion and all that

(Welcome to the comp's Dynamicthinking!)
Old 24th December 2009, 02:10 PM
Cult Rookie

I was 7 years old and all I wanted was the Megazord ( A giant robot from hit tv show 'the mighty morphing power rangers') I was and inquisitive child so my mother never left presents under the tree, instead she would wait until I was asleep on Christmas eve and leave a present on the edge of my bed. It was Christmas day one wrapped up object lay on the edge my bed. It was not the Megazord. I didn't have to unwrapped it to find out as the object was soft and flat instead of hard and boxed shaped. I wept as I held the flat object in my hand. Slowly I peeled away the warping to reveal....Beige corduroy trousers.
Old 24th December 2009, 02:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

What a let down that must've been!

Welcome to Cult Labs, Mikey!
Old 24th December 2009, 02:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

A friend of mine, who went a bit strange after ingesting funny drugs, once sent me the wrapper from a tin of Heinz beans with 'Merry Days Everyone' scrawled on the back. Beat that! True story! Wonder whatever happened to him - he's probably out in some Kibbutz somewhere living the hippie dream through an acid-soaked haze!
Old 24th December 2009, 02:48 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Now that's going to be a toughie to beat, Daemonia.

It wasn't even the tin of beans itself, but the wrapper!

Well, I guess it's the thought that counts, eh?
Old 24th December 2009, 03:45 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

When i was about 8 or 9 i received a decouparge kit from my nan, whilst a crappy present for an 8 year old in and of itself, what made it all the more crappy was the fact it was the same kit i gave my nan for xmas the year before.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!