Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Slayer Vol. 1 - 02/01/2009!

Hello everyone!!!!!

As its the start of a new year, the start of a new year of horror films, all you have to do in this comp is come up with the best/funniest new horror film idea. Go wild! Pictures and synopses would be great too! But try to make them relevant to today's world - ie. a horror film staring Barack Omaba or about Bird Flu or the Repression. Whatever you want! Satire = gooooood! Just put your entries down below and the best 3 will win this amazing DVD....

THE SLAYERS - VOL 1

Directed by Takashi Watanabe (Battle Vixens; Shakugan No Shana), the raucously entertaining comedy-adventure anime series, THE SLAYERS – VOLUME 1 comes to DVD in January 2009, featuring the first six of the show's 26-episode first season.

THE SLAYERS - VOLUME 1 (cert. 12) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by MVM on 5th January 2009. Special Features include: art gallery; sketch gallery; trailers; English 2.0 and Japanese 2.0 audio options; optional English subtitles.

Looks pretty good from what I've seen!!!

Good luck and happy new year again!
Old 6th January 2009, 01:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Damages

Synopsis
When the head of a crazed legal team breaks down after losing much business during the recession he attempts to commit suicide. However Hell itself has other plans and has offered him a deal he cannot refuse!

The Story
Compensation Obliviousness Could Kill (or COCK) has made some bad decisions during the UK recession and could mean jail time for it's founder and head Bruce Jackson. After a court order is issued Bruce finally has a breakdown and attempts suicide.

To some degree he had succeeded. The old toaster in the bathtub worked a charm and fried that corpse up good but, even without a pulse he was still conscious. Undead even...

Attempting to leave the bathtub Bruce is interupted by childhood Martial Arts hero and legend Fan Li! What makes the situation even stranger is that Fan Li died back in '72! That however doesn't stop Fan Li from offering him a deal. If he can collect the souls of 27,000 people within his lifetime he will be granted both immortality and a great sense of business!

Bruce accepts and sends out his legal team into the night the very next day with only one agenda: To slightly lift the odd paving stone thus causing the ultimate health and safety crime.

Soon one by one the injured contact COCK desparate to claim compensation against the city council, blindly signing contracts with one subtle catch. If you win in the small claims court then your soul belongs to Fan Li!

DVD Cover to follow soon!
I think I may actually go away and make this film...

EDIT: I don't think I'll have the time to create a DVD cover before the competition ends but I may still have a go with it afterwards!

Last edited by KPWNINJA; 8th January 2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 9th January 2009, 09:58 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

THE CREDIT CRUNCHERS

Synopsis

A lone group of Administrators lose thier minds after being subjected to a new 'anti credit crunch' drug to kerb spending habits and go on the rampage through small market towns.

Story

Subjected to TryNotSpend 245 on a routine board training weekend in Weston Super-Mare, four Administrators working on the Woolworths liquidation lose thier minds and develop a strange hunger for cash.
As the last few employees are finishing closing up for the last time in Harrogate, the credit crunchers arrive, determined to munch thier way through the days takings, and stop anyone who gets in their way.
Trapped in the upper level of the building, trying to keep the cash for the money grabbing bastards, the employees will learn about trust, hate and friendship. And also chip and pin. What does it all mean? Will they escape?
Who knows? Who cares?

Ta da!
Old 9th January 2009, 01:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hi!

Well, this comp was easy to judge! :P

So, obviously the 2 winners for this week's comp are Jim Corrupt and KPWNINJA! Great entries by the way guys

So, there's still one more DVD to give away! Soooo, the 1st person to reply to this thread get's it! Easy peasy.

On your marks...get set.....

GO!

:P
Old 9th January 2009, 03:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Oh well worth a go !
Old 9th January 2009, 03:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Someone Who Is Not A Stranger Is Watching & Unfortunately The Postman Does Not Always Ring Twice.

A dvd obsessed but caring husband is forced to go to extreme lengths to prevent his eagle-eyed wife from discovering his additional christmas dvd purchases.He forces his daughter's pet chihuahua to eat Winalot mixed with Amazonuk cardboard packaging.He also has to blackmail one of his cheating neighbours into agreeing to have additional CD WOW purchases sent there.As well as this he's forced into entering every competition going,including the Loose Women ones to explain a sudden influx of dvds which he passes off as prizes.Unfortunately his luck is about to run out.......
Old 9th January 2009, 03:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Someone Who Is Not A Stranger Is Watching

A dvd obsessed but caring husband is forced to go to extreme lengths to prevent his eagle-eyed wife from discovering his additional christmas dvd purchases.He forces his daughter's pet chihuahua to eat Winalot mixed with Amazonuk cardboard packaging.He also has to blackmail one of his cheating neighbours into agreeing to have additional CD WOW purchases sent there.As well as this he's forced into entering every competition going,including the Loose Women ones to explain a sudden influx of dvds which he passes off as prizes.Unfortunately his luck is about to run out.......
Based on a true story!
Old 9th January 2009, 03:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Says who !.Our dog eats Bakers original !.Title lengthened too BTW .

Last edited by mark meakin; 9th January 2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 9th January 2009, 04:26 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

ive won 3 comps in a row now, i feel well mean.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Well done Mark! You win the 3rd prize Well done all of you!!!!! Jim, don't worry about it! You're just SUPER lucky

Like this? Share it using the links below!