Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2010, 02:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Funny Games DVD/Blu-Ray - 14/02/2010

Hi everyone!!!!!!!

So it's St. Valentines day today eh? Well, I promise this won't take too long - your lips won't get too dry!

For I know you'll be licking your lips (see what I did there) with this week's awesome prize. The disturbing, yet beautiful:

Label: Kaleidoscope Entertainment
Release date: 1st March 2010
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 18
Running time: 111 minutes
Pricing: £9.99 (DVD), £15.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Horror, thriller
Director: Michael Haneke
Stars: Tim Roth, Naomi Watts, Michael Pitt, Brady Corbet

“CRUEL AND BRILLIANT… A GRIPPING HORROR.” – THE TIMES

FUNNY GAMES, writer-director Michael Haneke’s (The White Ribbon; Hidden) return, ten years on, to the provocative film that built his international reputation in 1997, transforms the action of his original film to the idyllic world of the Hamptons in America in a remake that garnered a five star review in Time Out and four star reviews in Empire, Total Film, The Guardian, News of the World and Loaded.

Taking a much-needed vacation, a young family prepares for a relaxing time at their secluded holiday home. When a polite young man makes a surprise call and asks to borrow some eggs, his clumsiness leads to the appearance of his equally charming friend. However, the seemingly innocent visit soon turns into a horrific ordeal as the whole family is subjected to an unrelenting campaign of torment and torture.

Confronting the notions of violence in the media, the film’s two protagonists, Paul and Peter, taunt not only the family but also the viewers, addressing the camera and implicating others into their torturous game play.

Adding further power to the film, Haneke has assembled a stellar cast led by Naomi Watts (The International; Eastern Promises) and Tim Roth (Lie To Me; The Incredible Hulk) as the besieged couple with young actors Michael Pitt (Last Days; The Dreamers) and Brady Corbet (Mysterious Skin; Thirteen) as their charming but disturbed tormentors.

A must-see work by one of the world’s leading and most acclaimed film directors, FUNNY GAMES is a shocking and unforgettable experience.

FUNNY GAMES (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£9.99) and Blu-ray (£15.99) by Spirit Entertainment on 1st March 2010. Special Features include: exclusive interview with Michael Haneke; Dolby Digital 5.1 audio; theatrical trailer.

HELL YEAH!

But how do you win this?

Well, let's have a little funny game of our own.

Since it's valentine's day today, below are 3 celebrity love babies. By that I mean if two stars of horror came together they would produce something similar looking (half of the face is one person, the other half is the other person).

All you have to do is guess the two people it took to make each of the three. PM me your guesses (there's no limit) and we'll go from there. If you get stuck, no worries, I'm here to help - so I'll give you plenty of clues

Each pair you get correct will mean your name will be put into the hat next sunday (so you can have your name in there a maximum of three times). I'll announce the winners next sunday by randomly picking some winners, just before a new competition (and the prize for that is another cracker too!)

Here's the trio:

Imagine giving birth to any of those three! Ahh! Stuff of nightmares that! :P

So think you know the parents?

PM me your answers!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Funny Games DVD/Blu-Ray - 14/02/2010-funny_games_amaray_2d.jpg   Weekly Comp - Funny Games DVD/Blu-Ray - 14/02/2010-funny_games_amaray_3d.jpg   Weekly Comp - Funny Games DVD/Blu-Ray - 14/02/2010-funny_games_blu-ray_2d.jpg   Weekly Comp - Funny Games DVD/Blu-Ray - 14/02/2010-funny_games_blu-ray_3d.jpg   Weekly Comp - Funny Games DVD/Blu-Ray - 14/02/2010-funnygames.jpg  

Old 15th February 2010, 03:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i won't be entering the contest this week as i have just won the last 2 comps so im sitting this one out to give some one else a chance.

also is this a re-release because this came out about a 1 1/2 years ago?
Old 15th February 2010, 08:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I got all of them exp one person in the last pic but I will not enter as didnt really like the remake.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th February 2010, 10:17 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i won't be entering the contest this week as i have just won the last 2 comps so im sitting this one out to give some one else a chance.

also is this a re-release because this came out about a 1 1/2 years ago?
Yep, it's a re-release mate. Think it's because they're putting it out on blu-ray now. All the DVDs in the comps are new releases (normally released in two weeks time)

Fair enough Nekro! Here's to next week's then (that prize is very different - not a horror. I won't say anymore )
Old 16th February 2010, 06:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post

Fair enough Nekro! Here's to next week's then (that prize is very different - not a horror. I won't say anymore )
you tease....
Old 16th February 2010, 07:52 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Well, it's not a film but it is a DVD!
Old 16th February 2010, 11:29 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via MSN to truckturner Send a message via Yahoo to truckturner Send a message via Skype™ to truckturner

I hate this flick with a passion, count me out. I still want to kill Michael Haneke for that garbage Hidden !
Old 21st February 2010, 12:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok.

TIME TO ANNOUNCE US SOME WINNERS!!!!!

Like I said, I've put all entries into the magical trilby hat (If you got all three correct, your name has been put in three times, etc).

So, here goes - good luck everyone! I'm going to pick 3 names randomly from the hat!

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

In place we have......Sam!!! Well done!

place goes to....Daemonia!!!!! Horray!

and finally, the lucky person is... (GOOD LUCK)......Spooks!!!

Well done to all three of you!!!!!

A new competition will be up in just a moment

Kyle

Oh, and don't forget to let us know what you'd like; DVD or Blu-Ray.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Awesome, cheers! Blu ray for me please!
Old 21st February 2010, 12:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

One blu-ray for you, coming up!

And once again, I've forgotten to announce the correct answers:

First face = Wes Craven / Simon Pegg

Second Face = Tom Savini / Sigourney Weaver

Third Face = Jamie Lee Curtis / Quentin Tarantino!

Like this? Share it using the links below!