Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2010, 10:38 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Forbidden World - 11/04/2010

Hey there everyone!

Ready for some more Corman competition prizes?! Of course you are! This week's prize is the sci-fi horror film,

Label: In2Film
Release date: 5th April 2010
Release type: DVD
Certificate: 15
Running time: 74 minutes
Pricing: £5.99
Genre: Horror, Scifi
Director: Allan Holzman
Stars: Jesse Vint, Dawn Dunlap, June Chadwick, Scott Paulin

JUST LOOK AT THAT ARTWORK! How can you resist?!

FIVE CORMAN CLASSICS HEADING TO DVD IN APRIL.

April 5th 2010 sees the release on DVD of five cult classics from the vaults of legendary film producer Roger Corman, representing the first half of The Roger Corman Collection, a ten-disc series of titles being released on Metrodome’s budget DVD label, In2Film.

The first batch includes the creepy horror movie, The Unborn, starring Brooke Adams; the sci-fi shocker, Forbidden World (aka Mutant), the martial arts actioner Blackbelt, co-directed by Rick Jacobson (Bitch Slap) and starring Don 'The Dragon' Wilson, the women-in-chains exploitation flick, The Big Bird Cage, starring Pam Grier, and the infamous Big Bad Mama, starring Angie Dickinson, William Shatner and Tom Skerritt.

Set on a far off desert planet in a distant future, Forbidden World combines horror and sci-fi in an effectively chilling and gory tale of a genetic experimentation that goes disastrously out of control. When Federation Commander Mike Colby (Jesse Vint) is sent to investigate reports that a scientific research team’s ambitious quest to create a brand new creature from human cells has gone horribly wrong, he makes a terrifying discovery. Now, there’s a monster on the loose and it’s threatening to wipe out all human life on the planet. Colby embarks on a desperate race against time to destroy the creature but unknown to him some people have a sinister interest in keeping the thing alive and completing the top secret project from which it was created.

Big Bad Mama (cert. 18), The Big Bird Cage (cert. 18), Blackbelt (cert. 18), Forbidden World (cert. 15) and The Unborn (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£5.99 each) by In2Film on 5th April 2010.

WOO!

Mmm - seems thats a foreign trailer.

So, how do you win this?!

Well, everyone luvs a good sci-fi, and everyone luvs a good sci-fi robot! There's one in this film too, of course. So, what with all these remakes lately, I thought what would it be like if, in the future when robots rule the world, they remade films too!

So, through the magic of Windows Movie Maker I've put together a couple of scenes from 4 seperate horror films, acted by robots.

Now, I must warn you ALL that these are, without doubt, THE WORST VIDEOS EVER CREATED EVER! But I didn't really have to much time to spend on it, and it gets the job done I think.

Here they are (prepare yourself for crappness!)

Film 1:

Film 2:

Film 3:

Film 4:

Told you they were bad!

Anyways, guess what the four films these robots are 'acting' out. Then Private Message me your guess.

If you get all 4 correct (and you have unlimited guesses btw) I'll enter you into the trilby hat, and you'll be randomly selected next sunday, before a new competition.

If you're stuck, no worries - I give clues!

So, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Kyle
Old 11th April 2010, 11:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i know exactly what the first 3 are but can't get the last, although im not gonna enter this week because ive just ordered this off of Amazon...Cool Comp though...
Old 11th April 2010, 07:38 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Sent mine in
Just remember...they are quotes...the internet is your friend
Old 12th April 2010, 11:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Hmmmh... 1 and 2 are easy peasy, but I am struggling with 3 and 4.

But yeah, you were right Kyle - these are crappy, but in a very amusing way! So do we hear your voice there? Just asking not stalking

Edit: Just watched the trailer and somehow guessed beforehand that it will be German - what do I win? It was so much fun hearing the voice of the announcer who spoke on so many horror film trailers back then, one of the things I miss on international releases, oh well, better missing the German trailer than missing an exploding head
Old 12th April 2010, 11:41 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
Hmmmh... 1 and 2 are easy peasy, but I am struggling with 3 and 4.

But yeah, you were right Kyle - these are crappy, but in a very amusing way! So do we hear your voice there? Just asking not stalking

Edit: Just watched the trailer and somehow guessed beforehand that it will be German - what do I win? It was so much fun hearing the voice of the announcer who spoke on so many horror film trailers back then, one of the things I miss on international releases, oh well, better missing the German trailer than missing an exploding head
Crap crap crappity crap crap. But in a funny way - Nope, not my voice mate. It's just some text-to-speech software on the internet.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I knew the first three straight away. I know I've heard the fourth too.... but at the moment I'm not getting the title. I'm sure it will come.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 13th April 2010, 02:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Crap crap crappity crap crap. But in a funny way - Nope, not my voice mate. It's just some text-to-speech software on the internet.
I am relieved and so should you be

I should update myself a bit about some modern gadgets around and what you can do with them!

Do we have a fun corner here? Maybe some more people could add to it with something like this, if we do not, I strongly recommend to use "Crap crap crappity crap crap Corner" as title
Old 18th April 2010, 10:54 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

So, it's sunday! (I think) and what better thing to do on a lovely sunny day than possibly win a free dvd!!!

So, I've put all the entrants into a hat (those who got all the answers correct) and will now randomly pick 3 names - each of whom will win this brilliant DVD! Horray!

Here goes....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

In place we have..... SEC!!!! Horray!

place goes to .....Oaxaca!!! Wooo!

and the place goes to ...

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

to....Masdawg!

Horray!

Well done to all three of you!

New comp'll be up in just a moment

Kyle
Old 18th April 2010, 11:01 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh, Masdawg, would you mind PMing me your address, so we can send off your prize.

And the correct answers were..

1)The Exorcist

2) Army Of Darkness

3) Planet Terror

4) Phantom Of Death

Kyle
Old 18th April 2010, 12:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

3 IN A ROW, I LOVE THIS FORUMS you guys are the bomb!!! I need to go to Vegas and quick with a winning streak like this!

well done all the other winners/participants

I'm looking forward to this one the most, looks excellent!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!