Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2010, 11:23 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Grand Theft Auto - 18/04/2010

Hello again!!!

Welcome to yet another Weekly Comp and what a scorching hot prize we have this week! It's the one. The only:

Label: In2Film
Release date: 3rd May 2010
Release type: DVD
Certificate: PG
Running time:
Pricing: £5.99
Genre: Comedy
Director: Ron Howard
Stars: Ron Howard, Nancy Morgan, Elizabeth Rogers, Barry Cahill, Rance Howard, Paul Linke, Marion Ross

FIVE CULT CLASSICS FROM THE VAULTS OF ROGER CORMAN

May 3rd 2010 sees the release on DVD of a second batch of classic cult movies from the vaults of legendary film producer Roger Corman, courtesy of Metrodome’s budget DVD label, In2Film.

The five new
releases are Ron Howard’s directorial debut feature, Grand Theft Auto, 80s slasher, Slumber Party Massacre, Roger Corman’s own directorial contributions to the 1950s sci-fi genre, Not Of This Earth and Attack Of The Crab Monsters, and the David Carradine-starring, post-apocalyptic action-adventure, Deathsport.

Grand Theft Auto
Co-starring, co-written by and directed by Oscar winning director Ron Howard (Frost/Nixon; The Da Vinci Code; A Beautiful Mind) and featuring his ‘Happy Days’ co-star Marion Ross, the amiable screwball comedy, Grand Theft Auto, is part road movie, part chase movie and part destruction derby. The nimble plot concerns one young man’s elopement with his heiress girlfriend from LA to Vegas while her father, her fiancé and various others are in hot pursuit hoping to prevent the forthcoming nuptials. However, the car crashes are the real stars of a film that marked the directorial debut of one of Hollywood’s most successful filmmakers.

Grand Theft Auto (cert. PG), Slumber Party Massacre (cert. 18), Not Of This Earth (cert. PG), Attack Of The Crab Monsters (cert. PG) and Deathsport (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£5.99 each) by In2Film on 3rd May 2010.

And here's the brilliant trailer...

FAST CARS. EXPLODING CARS! WHAT COULD BE BETTER?!!!!!!!

So How do you win this?

Simple! As ever

Ever played any of the GTA videogames? They're great fun!

But what would happen if a character from a horror film or a well known person in real life was a character in the game?! What would he/she do?

Come up with the funniest entry, post it below and next week (Sunday) I'll pick the 3 funniest entries.

Told you it was simple!

So, GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Old 18th April 2010, 12:34 PM
Cultist

Ash was driving at high speed down main street, being pursued by three deadites and his girlfriend who had lost her head due to an altercation with a chainsaw. Gaining speed on his Oldsmobile and not falling for his attempts to lose them by driving through fruit stands and two guys holding a sheet of glass, Ash swiftly took the next left into a back alley car panel beater and got the car sprayed bright blue. This amazingly managed to lose the deadites.

Ash thought he was in the all clear, however as he went to leave the panel beaters a man in overalls, wiping his hands with a rag, and with a head covered in what could only be described as pins, stopped Ash as he left. He approached the car and said "Don't leave now. We have SUCH sights to show you..."
Old 18th April 2010, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The year is 1985. Sting is walking down 25th street in down-town New York when 'a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble in the neighbourhood'. One of the switchblade-wielding, denim-clad hoodlum's said "eh you dat Sting-guy, why did you ditch your band and release all this jazz-pop crossover sh!t eh Sting?"
Sting replied "You talking to me?"
"Eh yeah I'm talking to you sh!t for brains"
Sting reiterated, with a hint of Geordie menace "Are you talking to me, punk?".
"Yeah melon head, your that Englishman aintchya, what you doin in New Yoik? New Yoik is my turf, scumbag, you're nuthin but an illegal alien, I'm gonna bust yer balls".
Sting replied "Listen mate, I'm from f%$!ing Newcastle, my dad was a f%$!ing milkman, I attended Warwick f%$!ing University, you think your going to touch me with that pen-knife?".
At that moment a Ford Sierra Cosworth careered 'round the corner & parked broadside to the two punks. Chuck Norris wound down the side window, directed a German Army-stolen Panzerfaust III, shoulder-mounted rocket-launcher at the two unwitting punks and reeled off a token one-liner "send me a postcard from hell", prior to pulling the trigger.
Sting ran to the car to thank Chuck for saving his life...Chuck turned to him and said: "eh you made Roxanne didn't you? I hate that goddamn record. Your a damn-diddly-do jackass! Now its your turn Sting, one night you'll close your eyes and when they open, I'll be there. It'll be time to die... Capiche?".
Before Sting could open his mouth, Chuck revved off, leaving a forlorn & terrified Sting to ruminate on his numbered days, stuck in the seedy metropolis that is eighties New York.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 20th April 2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 20th April 2010, 06:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wow lot's of fun secret missions involving celebrities could be could put in the GTA games.

*Play as Charles Bronson and send as many people to Jesus as possible in the time limit.(All ammo is unlimited is unlimited during the duration of this mission)

*Delivery trucks full of Eli Roth's new movies are on route to video stores around town,wipe them all out before they reach their destination.

*Cheech &Chong are in town and are in need of a driver while they pick up.Be weary of the cops because if they find out you must either get out of town as fast as possible or smoke all the drugs in the remaining time.

*Some Dumb Guys are causing problems for your suppliers in Chinatown send Jackie Chan down there to teach some old school ass kickin'(All weapons will be disabled in ths mode)

*Steven Seagal is in town filming another movie and needs a Driver/Assistant.drive him around town and pick up as amny pies as you can in the time limit.

*Blockbuster Video is holding a DVD Release party for Rob Zombies newest DVD release ,Blow up all Blockbuster video stores in the time limit

*Micheal Jackson is planning on having a sleepover party,Rescue all ten kids before Micheal gives them some Jesus juice.

*Play as Sean Penn and punch out all the papparazi in the time limit.(using a weapon will end this mission)

*Oops she did it again Britney Spear is behind the wheel and causing trouble .Get a car and take her out.avoid hitting all the soccer moms in doing so.(hitting a soccer mom will end the mission)

*Welcome to the South ern part of GTA town.Play as ED(John Voight) and take out tall the Shine ops ,Beware of the banjo music if you get to close youre going to be squealing like a pig.
Old 20th April 2010, 06:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
Wow lot's of fun secret missions involving celebrities could be could put in the GTA games

*Blockbuster Video is holding a DVD Release party for Rob Zombies newest DVD release ,Blow up all Blockbuster video stores in the time limit
Thats my fave...
Old 20th April 2010, 06:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Gordon brown and David Cameron are on warring sides of the city, Cameron wants controll of Browns area. Your mission is to choose which one to kill, remember the outcome affects the the next few years.

David Blain has Gotten himself frozen in a giant ice cube, your mission is to choose to either save him or allow the Media whore ****ing douch twat **** to die. it's up to you.

You have 30 seconds to stop a bomb strapped to a bus, luckily in this mission your aided by a wise cracking female sidekick who has to drive the bus while you dismantal the bomb, this is a multiplayer mission...

in this mission your sent to a crime kingpin's island compound to rescue your daughter who has been kidnapped, you have two minutes to kill as many henchmen as you can, after two minutes youhave to fight a boss, a man with a chainmail vest and a Freddy Mercury mustash. This is the last mission of the game...
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Gordon brown and David Cameron are on warring sides of the city, Cameron wants controll of Browns area. Your mission is to choose which one to kill, remember the outcome affects the the next few years.
Or not...

Kill them both!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 22nd April 2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

You start a mission as OJ Simpson with a 5 badge wanted level. Covered in blood, you need to get to a car wash, ditch the murder weapons, lose your wanted levels before you reach the film studio for your latest role.

You are Edward Woodward and you must hunt down as many Nic Cages as possible in 5 minutes and bring them to the giant Wicker Man in the Park.
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Default G.T.A.comp

george michael would come out of a gents toilet doing up his fly get into his car and do a line on the dash he would then wake up the next morning with his car in the front of a building and say someone stole his car and asked him if he wanted to go to a party [he never refuses a party
Old 24th April 2010, 01:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oh Damn you crossed paths with Quentin Tarantino who has decided to share all his so called knowledge with you.Finish the current mission as soon as possible other wise the only way to shut Quentin up is to take yourself out..

Like this? Share it using the links below!